Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 5:01:03 PM EDT
Yep. The Great American Badass is.... a Christian.

It brings a tear to my eye and I feel a tiny glimmer of hope for all humanity.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/0805431616/qid=1135994012/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-6042508-7502337?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

Millions of people around the world know Chuck Norris as the star of more than 20 motion pictures, including "Delta Force," "Missing in Action," and "Return of the Dragon." Millions more know him as a martial arts expert, the only man in the Western Hemisphere to hold an 8th degree Black Belt Grand Master in Tae Kwon Do. And then there are others who know him from his eight seasons on CBS’s longest running series, "Walker, Texas Ranger."

What many don't know is that Chuck Norris is a sincere Christian—a man whose faith plays a role in everything he does. Against All Odds is an inspirational story of how Norris overcame abject poverty from childhood, the effects of his father’s alcoholism and desertion of the family, and his own shyness and lack of strength and ability early in his life. Norris writes candidly about how he was able to overcome such obstacles in his life—giving full credit to God.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
so much for being a tough guy

edit:  I roundhouse kick you in da name of da lawd!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
That's one of the main reasons he's my favorite actor and has been for a long time.

HH
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, Chuck is a Christian.

In real life he is a decent fellow.

It's just too bad his TV show was awful.

My sincerest hope is that thousands of years from now archaeologists discover the ARFCOM threads about Chuck and believe that he didn't have aids, but he gave it to people anyway.

Because that's just how bad he is.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
We are everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]
How can someone who's so violent on TV and movies be such a good Christian?!?!  When he's delivering a powerful roundhouse kick to the latissmus dorsi, is this God's will?  How can one sleep at night knowing they're ruined so many lives with their awesome power shots and graceful karate moves?  These are difficult questions we must ask ourselves when watching Chuck Norris pound Jesus into someone's chest at the speed and proficiency no human has ever achieved.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How can someone who's so violent on TV and movies be such a good Christian?!?!  When he's delivering a powerful roundhouse kick to the latissmus dorsi, is this God's will?  How can one sleep at night knowing they're ruined so many lives with their awesome power shots and graceful karate moves?  These are difficult questions we must ask ourselves when watching Chuck Norris pound Jesus into someone's chest at the speed and proficiency no human has ever achieved.

God gave Chuck Norris a special talent - the ability to deliver a devistating roundhouse kick to the head.  It would be a shame for Chuck to waste that talent.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#7]
He needs to roundhouse kick Satan and this world would be so much better.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#8]
So he kicks ass for the Lord?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Like the Power Team!!

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like the Power Team!!

www.thepowerteam.com/graphics/newindex/logo_man.jpg

I saw those guys probably 15 years ago
I didn't convert or anything but it was akinda a cool show
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#11]
A new reason to like Chuck.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Righteous anger is not a sin, Jesus himself took a whip and ran money changers out of the temple.

Name one person in any film or T.V. show that Chuck beat up on that was not self defence or otherwise had it coming?

Chuck was always a good guy and only acted against evil, just as many of us Christians here have to face those of you that would feed us to the lions.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Right!  He's like Cain on "Kung-Fu"....  except he does alot less drugs in real life.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Oh my you are so gonna get roundhouse kicked!

WTR is a regular family event in our house because of the Christian theme/content.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I just ordered the book!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Excellent

FREE
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh my you are so gonna get roundhouse kicked!

WTR is a regular family event in our house because of the Christian theme/content.

but its a terrible show
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
so much for being a tough guy

edit:  I roundhouse kick you in da name of da Lawd!

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#19]
This still doesn't justify that fucked up beard!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#20]
So that's why his face is so immobile.

He is just shy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like they have a figurine commemorating Chuck's childhood:

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:08:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I just ordered the book!

I did too! It looked very intriguing.

His real name is Carlos Ray!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:35:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just ordered the book!

I did too! It looked very intriguing.

His real name is Carlos Ray!!

The book isn't half bad. I had to return it before I finished it, but he seems like a pretty cool guy. Bruce Lee got him into show business.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Yep. The Great American Badass is.... a Christian.

His movies and TV shows are so hokey and fake,it doesn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#25]
His new show, "Walker . . . Texas Christian" is airing this spring.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Fuckin' Chuck Norris!

....Just kidding.  Good for you, Chuck!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:02:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Chuck Norris is a real Christian-American badass.

Chuck Norris can and will recite Bible scriptures while baptising you in a urinal at a honkeytonk.

Chuck Norris sometimes drives a church bus on sunday mornings and always gets the right of way at four corner stops,always!!!

When Chuck Norris is asked to say a few words of inspiration from the pulpit everyone ducks down behind the pews because if Chuck Norris clears his throat before speaking the concussion of such could slay the entire congregation[ and I don't mean in the spiritual sense either].

Chuck Norris's facial impression has been seen by many on trees,whiskey bottles,eatible victoria's secret underdrawers and burnt grilled cheese sammiches all around the world.

Chuch Norris dosen't go around on visitation night anymore asking why church members have not been at church or prayer meetings, because this only decreases church membership and increases gridlock due to funeral processions.

Chuck Norris is the only male member left in the church choir and that is cool with the music director and totally cool with all the hotties in the alto and sapprano sections.

Chuck Norris will snap-punch and dragon-kick the devil's crusty ass into a new era of chicken-shit if Chuck Norris finds out he has been trying to use his evil powers of deception to stop people from buying exercise equipment he has promoted.

Chuck Norris had a tuesday night self-defense karate class for seniors in the church gymnasium.

Chuck Norris now on tuesday night  has only physical therapy sessions for catastrophically impaired individuals covered under the silver care plan as a condition of his probation.

Chuck Norris is a real Christian-American badass.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:05:01 AM EDT
[#28]
If he's born again, does he have two navels? (And he better not fuck with me.  I know feng shui)
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
...Chuck Norris can recite Bible scriptures while baptising you in a urinal at a honkeytonk...

LOL.

Chuck Norris and some of the other boys from the Christian Enforcement League want to know where you were on Sunday...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top