Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2003 10:20:46 PM EDT
Can anyone offer some operational tips?

Looks like you have to be a programmer to operate the darn thing!
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Screw it.  Just shoot.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
whats a beta master?
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I got mine as a present from my Father some time ago.  Just got the printer from my Loving-Bride-of-Over-Twenty-Years for Christmas.

I'm gonna set it up in the family room and use the airgun for a while before I take it out to the range.

Hopefully after using it for a bit, I'll be able to figure it out -  the instructions (sorry, I broke down and read them...) may make more sense if I use it while I read through them at the same time ?  

-J
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
whats a beta master?
View Quote

It's a product with an unfortunate name too similar to masturbater when said in the other order.[;D]

It a chronograph, something I'll have to break down and buy soon as I get into reloading.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Just for the record -

I'll be using mine ... without any "company"

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one for Christmas too. I read the manual and understand it pretty well. Its been on for about 5 minutes total, and hasn't been shot across yet.

The red ST button switches between strings. The strings are 10 shots in length, and there are 6 of them (60 shot memory). The FU button switches to the various functions on the strings. It will show you high, low, extreme spread, standard deviation, etc. for each string of shots. The forget button can be used to clear an errant shot in a string or clear a whole string.

To save a string, switch to the next string after firing before switching the device off. To save all 6 strings, cycle through them with the ST button before switching the device off.

If you think you've messed something up, leave it alone for a minute or so and it will return to read & record to the current string. Pressing the FU button once while in read & record will show you what string you are on. Let it sit and it will return to read & record.

What are you having problems with in particular?

ETA: I've got a Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering and am working on a Masters in Electrical Engineering. So I guess that qualifies me for operation of the thing [%|]

Jonathan
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm gonna set it up in the family room and use the airgun for a while before I take it out to the range.

-J
View Quote

Good idea [b]MissedAgain[/b]! Sounds like a plan.

...and I'll be using mine "alone" too! [;)]

Thanks DsrtEgl50,

Your wording was perfect! I was powering off before advancing to the next string, therefore, loosing my data.

Thanks guys! [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top