Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/1/2005 8:29:04 AM EDT
I remember seeing (not sure when) a product that was a clear plastic "case" for your CDs or DVDs. You put your DVDs or CDs in this case, and it protected them from scratches. You could still play the CDs and DVDs with the case ON them.

Does anyone know anything about the product I'm talking about? I've done google searches, and have come up empty. My kids are TERRIBLY hard on CDs and DVDs. They have these little educational games that they play on the computer, but they're still learning to care for the CDs and DVDs. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:32:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 8:33:46 AM EDT by hanau]
haven't used them but i think this is what you are talking about.

D-Skin Disc Protectors

d-skin web site
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:33:59 AM EDT
I had never seen those before, I remember the old CD holders that looked like a big disk they used to have.

Never loan stuff to coworkers, I got back my copy of Doom 3 and it looks like someone took an anglegrinder to it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:34:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 8:35:57 AM EDT by Avalon01]
www.d-skin.com/intro.html

That is what I use.

Edit: hanau beat me to it. You can get them at Best Buy. They hold up well, I put them on my more heavily played games and CD's. When the skin is trashed, take it off and snap on another.

Av.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:47:49 AM EDT
That's the stuff. I don't recognize the name (I thought it was "CD Armor" or somesuch), but it looks like the same thing. Do they work well?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:32:27 AM EDT
I like them.

I use them when I lend out CD's or PS2 games. The skins will be scratched up, but the CD is OK.

Av.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:26:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Avalon01:
I like them.

I use them when I lend out CD's or PS2 games. The skins will be scratched up, but the CD is OK.

Av.

That is why I will NOT lend any DVD's or CD's to anyone...even family. I still don't understand WTF people do to them that can scratch them up that much...shit, I take mine out, put in in the player, play it, take it out of the player, and replace it in the case, and I never seem to scratch mine.

But lend it out, and forget it, it almost always has scratches....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:31:17 AM EDT
just checked prices, they're about a $1 more or less. A blank cd is about 10 cents if not less nowadays. Blank DVD's are less than a buck too, why not just make copies of you cd/dvd and use the copies and keep the original as the master?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:05:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:
just checked prices, they're about a $1 more or less. A blank cd is about 10 cents if not less nowadays. Blank DVD's are less than a buck too, why not just make copies of you cd/dvd and use the copies and keep the original as the master?

Better things to do with my time?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:57:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 1:58:23 PM EDT by Max_Mike]
For those not aware of it if you scratch the bottom of a CD you can usually recover the data by polishing out the scratch, if you scratch the label side you usually have junk because the layers of media that are actually written to on the disc are on the label side.

If your discs are in for rough handling you have to protect the back as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:59:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:
For those not aware of it if you scratch the bottom of a CD you can usually recover the data by polishing out the scratch, if you scratch the label side you usually have junk because the layers of media that are actually written to on the disc are on the label side.

If your discs are in for rough handling you have to protect the back as well.

I like those DVDs compuse sells with a real thick white coating on top, keeps them from getting scrated on top.
Top Top