Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2017 5:49:39 PM EDT
CDNN SOPMOD/Buffer Assembly Kit (MADE IN USA)
Supposedly U.S. Made (Says it right on the side)
AR15 COLLAPSIBLE MILITARY STYLE STOCK ASSEMBLY USA MADE

Identical to current military collapsible stock.

Includes:
Stock (USA Made)
7075 Mil-Spec Buffer Tube
Steel Castle Nut
Steel End Plate
Spring & Carbine Buffer

This polymer stock fits Mil-Spec M4-type receiver extensions. It is designed to improve cheekweld and comfort. Two waterproof storage compartments run the length of the stock and hold 2 AA or 3 CR123 batteries per storage tube. Also features a rubber recoil pad, 2 sling attachment slots (1 1/4") and 1 Quick Detach swivel mount hole that can be accessed from either side of the stock.

Stock:
weight 11.8 oz.
Length 7.25"
Width 2.5"
View Quote
Even with the $10 shipping it seems worth it, just ordered one.

I needed a buffer tube assembly for another stripped lower, so it seemed well worth it since a Spike's tube usually costs about the same. I figured I'd take a gamble on this.

Just wondering if anyone else ordered one?

Doesn't look like a B5 or a LMT, just wondering who OEMs these.

Might possibly be Tacfire/JE Designs?

If it sucks it's going to go on a cheap Block 1 clone.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like airsoft.  It's got the two holes in the cheekpiece by the storage tube lobes that the real ones don't have.

http://www.opticsfactory.com/ar-airsoft-paintball-accessories/gen-3-made-in-usa-black-sopmod-mil-spec-stock-buttstock/
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like airsoft.  It's got the two holes in the cheekpiece by the storage tube lobes that the real ones don't have.

http://www.opticsfactory.com/ar-airsoft-paintball-accessories/gen-3-made-in-usa-black-sopmod-mil-spec-stock-buttstock/
View Quote
Yeah I know it's not going to be a genuine B5/LMT. Just seems weird to have an Airsoft Stock made in the USA.

I did find this article and it looks exactly like what CDNN sells.

JE Designs/CDNN Butt Stock
Sure as heck beats a CAR or even MOE stock for the price.

I guess the holes are for the battery covers to lock into, also the butt pad has a third tab that locks it to the stock, while the LMT has two.

So I think we found the OEM for it. Looks like Deltateamtactical sells them too (Good luck getting them within the next year)
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#4]
How much with shipping?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been tempted to order one myself, let us know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How much with shipping?
View Quote
Cost me $60 total (I should of placed a bigger order since it said $10 flat rate)
Hopefully the buffer assembly isn't junk.

Looks like the stock alone goes for $30 before shipping.
SOPMOD STOCK
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Found the OEM and website:
JE Machine Tech

Looks more like E3 arms actually, the latch appears different.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/ar15-collapsible-mil-spec-ar-15-stock-qd

Same company that makes the Plum Crazy lowers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Stock seems like a decent value.  $22.99 on Sale...

They fit decently tight on a PSA milspec buffer tube.

The latch hardware is shitty and second-rate, but it will hold up to range use.

Replacement GI hardware can be had at Numrich for about $15.

The  stock sold at the link does have QD sockets (360-rotation).
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Worth using on a .22.. not much else.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ah have you ordered one personally?

Looks more like E3 arms actually, the latch appears different.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/ar15-collapsible-mil-spec-ar-15-stock-qd

Same company that makes the Plum Crazy lowers.

Textures look similar too; that said there are tons of knock offs out there I suppose.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks exactly like the B5 with the two storage tubes on each side.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks exactly like the B5 with the two storage tubes on each side.
View Quote
I left my VLTOR stock brand new in the box for six months because I didn't feel like drilling and pinning it in this retarded fucking state.

This one?  Who gives a fuck.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I left my VLTOR stock brand new in the box for six months because I didn't feel like drilling and pinning it in this retarded fucking state.

This one?  Who gives a fuck.
View Quote
Thats actually a great idea for states that have restrictions. Why butcher something expensive if you don't have to.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thats actually a great idea for states that have restrictions. Why butcher something expensive if you don't have to.
View Quote
Right?  I could not do that to a VLTOR stock.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Why spend the extra cash, just spend $30 on eBay and get pretty much the same thing.

eta:  Likely won't be USA manufactured, though, and doesn't come with the buffer tube, spring, etc.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:09:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why spend the extra cash, just spend $30 on eBay and get pretty much the same thing.

eta:  Likely won't be USA manufactured, though, and doesn't come with the buffer tube, spring, etc.
View Quote
I would not trust CDNN.  Odds are just as good that the CDNN stock is made in China.  There are some good deals on CDNN, but they also sell a lot of crap.  And they are known for "artistic license" in product descriptions.  

If you don't believe me, would you like to buy some "Bulgarian Military" AK74 mags?

How about some "Canadian Military Thermold" AR mags?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Interesting to see this posted, have you used/tried any of the clone stocks?  Have you had one fail in any way?  

I have 1 or 2 LMT SOPMOD stocks, and at least 3 of the clones, and I have not been able to tell any difference (on 16-18" 5.56's).  Fit and function, and least on the ones I have, has been great....no wobble on the tube, and lockup is tight and secure.  Of course, I'm not jumping out of airplanes or swimming through the ocean with mine, but they have been 100% for my needs
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Good to see CDNN supports patent infringement, Chinese counterfiet, ripping off, whatever, etc.

CDNN won't get my money ever again. I like both LMT and B5 as companies, even if LMT screwed me over bigly once.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll post once I receive everything. I've had a B5 sopmod before, and we'll see if this comes close at all.

If the polymer is better than the MFT Minimalist that is a huge plus. I'm curious about lock up now.

In regards to the battery compartments they do look tripple O-Ring Sealed.

Mainly concerned about the buffer assembly.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#20]
B5's changed slightly.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm actually confused about Patents since LMT makes one, B5 Makes one, and it looks like E5 Arms makes them now. Did it expire or did another company just get the contract for the military? I'm aware B5 does military contracts.

E5 Arms does have some differences vs LMT/B5

Storage Caps lock into the holes near the front of the stock instead of being friction fit.
The butt of the rifle is held on by 3 tabs instead of two.

Can CDNN be fined for advertising "U.S. Made" if these do turn out to be Chinese?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:43:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, I have experience with this stock kit.

My buddy bought one around Christmas time for his build. We put it together and took it to the range. First few shots were ok then the stock started to collapse when the AR was fired. It happened to both of us. One minute the stock is open, squeeze a round off and your nose is slamming into the charging handle.

Seems well made. We are going to take the pin out and check the fit into the holes in the buffer tube. Just haven't had a chance to get over there and do it. Probably just a little bit oversized and will need some polishing to make it engage the holes properly.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Pass
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:23:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like Spinta Precision sells them as well.
Found this on Reddit

Heads up, I reached out to these guys with the following email:
Hey guys--
What's "the deal" with these SOPMOD stocks? As far as I know, only LMT and B5 Systems made SOPMOD stocks in the USA (the former owns the .mil contract). Are these .mil surplus? Factory seconds? Seems too good to be true...
They responded with:
We are using an industry partner that we supply. They make M4 stocks, but purchased the rights to make the sopmod stock and are made right here in Southern California. They are not seconds or blems.
Spinta Precision
13337 South St #739
Cerritos CA 90703
714-794-2842
View Quote
Feeling a little better since I don't think Spinta would stock crap.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:01:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought one about 6 months ago, so far its held up great on 14.5 pinned 5.56 carbine. Its been comparable to LMTs I've handled, the included buffer is alright, but nothing special. Its way better than a Scorpion BS99 SOPMOD I picked up a few years ago.  I would definitely buy one again. I have not had issues with it locking in position and the QD socket locks up tight as well.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Stock came today.

-Locks up fine
-MI QD Swivel Fits nicely, but it isn't anti rotation
-Stock has some slight wobble, same as a CAR stock. YMMV based on the buffer tube used, I tried it on a Spikes. B5 SOPMOD had a tiny bit of play but not this much.

For $30 it seems worth it. The buffer tube is so-so. Not bad for $50, I might put this in the parts bin and keep using my Minimalist stock though. The MFT is so tight its almost like having a fixed stock, I feel like that spoiled me.

This kit will definitely go on my next build. I might make a Block 1 clone with it.

My only real complaint is that CDNN can't package for crap. It came in a bubble mailer and the stock has a small ding in one of the corners in front of the adjustment lever.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I got two a while back, just the stocks, no tubes.

They feel comparable to the B5 stock, which I also have... very similar, but as mentioned, the compartments latch differently.  For the price, it's good.  I'll probably buy more.  No problems at all with mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top