Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 12:33:45 PM EDT
My wife and I are planning on taking our CCW course (a two time rapist moved in two doors down from us.)  Do they make a good purse she can easily carry in?  One that perhaps has an outside pocket to carry either her gun or Fox spray.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife has carried her pistol in a carry purse for years.  It works well, not a Quick Draw McGraw, but handy.  An internet search will show many manufacturers and prices.  Good ones are spendy.  Hers came out of Texas.  "Feminine Protection" I think the company is called, or part of the name.  A lady owns and runs it.  Very nice and knowledgeable.  Call her and discus what you are going to carry and she will suggest the proper size purse for the weapon.  The purse has to be at least big enough for the pistol, but you can buy larger.  They will send you a catalog with pictures of the various styles/colors/materials.
Things to consider--have a wire/cable installed in the strap.  Stops/slows cutting the strap.  No extra   charge for ours.  The wife had an extra long flap installed on hers.
Get started now researching, it took about 6 weeks to get the purse made.  I believe this one went for about $150.  Worth every penny, individually made, soft black leather.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:28:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a great purse.  Is there anything out there a tad less expensive?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:43:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a belly pack, but then I'm not a big purse person as it is.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like a great purse.  Is there anything out there a tad less expensive?

Here's a place to start, I Googled 'concealed carry purse' and this was the first one on the list.
http://www.gungear.com/cgi-bin/ez-catalog/cat_display.cgi?2X300536  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Purses are a bad idea, from a carry standpoint.

They get stolen, left behind, lost, etc.

Dress around your pistol
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:45:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Purses are a bad idea, from a carry standpoint.

Hmmmm, I personally have no experience to make a broad judgement like that.  The wife likes it the best of all methods she has tried, this is her smaller second purse.  I prefer shoulder holster or high ride belt type for me.  Nothing is for everyone.

They get stolen, left behind, lost, etc.

Stolen, yup that is why we had a wire/cable sewn in the strap, and have discussed and practiced retention strategy.  I seriously think I could tow my car with this purse, but don't get in a tug-a-war with the BG, attack. It is handmade to be a gun purse, not a purse with a gun in it.
Left behind-- she is much more careful with keeping track of it because it does have a pistol in it.  It's all about responsibility.
Lost--I guess that is a factor of left behind.
etc.--????

Dress around your pistol

Got to agree whole heartedly with you here, carry the dang thing however it is comfortable for your particular needs.  Women need some different options than men.  I have a drawer full of holsters, as most of us do, that I thought were good ideas.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top