Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/10/2001 2:25:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 8:46:30 PM EST
Uh, what state are you in? If I can recall correctly many if not most states will let non citizens apply. In CA I don't think he would need a permit to carry on his business property. Your state may vary.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 8:51:54 PM EST
The only way he can have a gun is if he was a rep. of another nation working for his gov. From what you said in your post there is no way for him to even buy a gun and not brake the law. Any time stuff like this comes up go to www.atf.org
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:00:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2001 8:59:43 PM EST by skullworks]
If he's got a green card and he's a here as an immigrant things are easier. If he's here as a non-immigrant it's trickier. Federal law mandates that non-residents, and especially non-immigrants, cannot buy or own firearms.... [b]Unless they have a hunting permit in the U.S.![/b] So just have Henri go buy himself a hunting permit and then buy a shotgun for his shop. State law permitting, a rifle is quite easy to get legally, CCW or handguns in general for non-hunting purposes are next to impossible.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 2:48:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/11/2001 2:54:42 AM EST by rkbar15]
A legal resident alien in NY can obtain a NYS pistol permit and is permited to purchase long guns. Federal law requires that he/she be a resident in the state for 90 days and show proper documentation to establish that. For more info contact the Pistol Permit Division of the WC Clerks Office: [url]http://www.westchesterclerk.com/pistol.html[/url] General Info on NYS Firearms Laws: [url]http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=34[/url] ATF FAQ: [url]http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b14[/url]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 6:44:14 AM EST
Top Top