Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2002 9:57:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd hope they wouldn't arrest him.. what happened is the whole point of CCW right?
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'd hope they wouldn't arrest him.. what happened is the whole point of CCW right?
View Quote
Um, no.

First, if you use your weapon, expect to get arrested, or at a minimum taken down to the station for extensive questioning.  Make sure you have the number of a good lawyer.

Second, from the short description it sounds like a verbal altercation.  I don't think escalating a verbal exchange to the point of gunfire is exactly responsible behavior, but I wasn't there and I don't know exactly what happened.

Third, also from the description, these two ripped off 15 rounds between them.  Hopefully the aggressor fired most of them.  If I had gone to the effort of getting a concealed-carry permit and was toting, I would hope like hell that I exercised good fire discipline rather than "spray and pray."  

Having said all that, and knowing how badly reporters distort the facts, I fully expect to find that the aggressor was a prohibited person with a long rap sheet and that the defender was attempting to intervene in some kind of altercation.  And that he fired very few rounds in a reasonably safe direction.  I hope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top