Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2002 8:04:56 PM EDT
do we seem to like it? I recently sent in my packet, not sure if I want it now. I mean I left CA due to this registration law crap. Then I come to TX and everyone thinks its great that there is a shall issue here. After thinking about it, shall issue translates to shall register gun owner. Sure they don't exactly know what you own, but they do know you own em. So what is the difference?

When confiscation finally happens and it will. Time is on their side. It could be 25-30yrs from now, but it will happen. So who will be the first on the list. NFA owners. Then reg weapons holders. Then CCW holders will get search warrants served to see what they have. Or it may be CCW will get their "inventory" inventoried first.

Hmmmm......
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]
If you own any stock in life insurance companies, it would be wise to sell it before confiscation begins!

I agree a government registration to exercise your God given rights is a lousy way to live.  On the other hand, they already have my name on all kinds of lists related to guns and my opposition to unlimited government.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as there is no paper trail to tie our CCWs to a particular gun (Unlike those poor b*stards in NY) then any attempt at confiscation is pretty moot . Look at the former USSR , once anarchy started up AKs and other assault ... er excuse me ... Homeland Defense Weapons ...  pop up out of nowhere .
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the difference between that and a nics check?  Face facts, if they wanted a list they have the list.  A ccw just shows that you have one.  

Don't get me wrong, I agree that all registration and the hoops that we have to jump through are a pain in the ass in the least and criminal at the most.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#5]
NICS ? Oh here with the white CCW permit no NIC , NO waiting . Besides there is no requirement to report private sales to the state . I have some bought at stores and some I bought recently after the last rounds of Boeing layoffs , strictly cash and carry no names exchange . We call it Merry Go Round Guns Sales where it stops no one in government knows and thats how we like it . Besides if they want one , I'll give one . As for the others ....
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]
They already have you and your guns registered.  Let just say someone knew I had something (legal) even though they werent supposed to.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a CCW and i'm not too worried about confincation.  I won't hide from them if they want my guns.  They can have them all, but first i'll give'm all my bullets - pointy end first.  If our founding fathers hadn't drawn the line we wouldn't be who we are today.  Guns are our RIGHT because they give us the power to have the final say against injustice.  John Hancock had a bounty on his head at the time the Declaration of Independence was written.  Did he hide and say "Hell no I ain't sighin that!"  no, he was the first to sign, in big bold letters, the king doubled the price on his head for that.  If the time comes when we once again have to defend our freedom I hope we have more like John.  Our contry was founded For The People, NOT for the government.  Remember YOU have the final say.  

I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They already have you and your guns registered.  Let just say someone knew I had something (legal) even though they werent supposed to.
View Quote

The mag thing?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]
i think after they hit the people that were previously mentioned by you guys they will definatly get a list of all the NRA members.  that is a sure way to get the names of all the people that have guns and feel strong about there right to own them.  sad but true!  o-well.  it will be fun.  molon labe.  :)
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#10]
LT, get thee over to the "Build It Yourself" section of the board:
http://[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?id=4[/url]

They can't confiscate what they don't know exists.  And even if they manage that stunt, they can't confiscate what doesn't already exist.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The mag thing?
View Quote

You lost me?  
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I sometimes think the NRA is the Govvies informant. Kinda like I'll scratch your back you scratch mine. I'll give you the small bust, and you keep me rolling in $$$.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Gee Necromancer , I thought I was paranoid [whacko].

Just because you think someone is out ot get you doesn't mean that their not !
[sniper]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gee Necromancer , I thought I was paranoid [whacko].

Just because you think someone is out ot get you doesn't mean that their not !
[sniper]
View Quote

Not paranoid.....just well prepared. [;)]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#15]
This might be funny, but just because you have a CCP (carry permit), it doesn't mean you own a gun.  I have some friends who have their permit, but no gun.  Why, I told them to get it so that if you need to get it, all you'll have is a phone call, no waiting (our state requires a 5 day wait if you don't have a permit).

Funny, maybe.  Any how, I can not carry where I work.  Period.  (public school system)
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't forget the fingerprints.  That's one large step worse than simply having to sign a 4473.  Also, wasting our time jumping through these hoops is very important to the anti-gunners.  As one editorial in the state paper here wrote, the writer estimated that it [i]only[/i] took 20 hours of work to get a carry permit in this state.  She was calling for support for the state police's plan to add an addition eight hours of training, a trip to the state police headquaters, and an hour-long interview to the requirements.  Between time off of work for the class, money to pay for the class, ammo, driving time, mileage, pictures, permit fees, notarized documents, and 13 months of waiting, I think I've got (wild guesses) 60 hours wasted and over $300 wasted in a vain attempt to get a concealed carry permit.  I can hear the anti-gunners laughing now...z
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#17]
mhmmm 80% lowers
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I can half-way understand the background checks and licensing to carry (although I don't agree with it).  But I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they would need your damn fingerprints.  I mean, if you passed the background check, why would they need them?  Just give me the stinking permit, and skip the big brother BS.

Well, my permit already expired, and I'll get it renewed when I get a job.  I guess I'll be doing my part to update "the list".

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:13:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The mag thing?
View Quote

You lost me?  
View Quote

never mind.  I thought you were talking about that navy investigator looking into stolen mags sold awhile back.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:33:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
...But I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they would need your damn fingerprints.  I mean, if you passed the background check, why would they need them?  [(:|)]
View Quote

They use the fingerprints to do the background check. If you have ever been arrested for a serious crime anywhere in the country, your fingerprints will have been taken and will be on file with the state agency where you were arrested. There will also be a separate national file, referencing your identification information and "fingerprint classification," which is a very low bandwith pre-Information Age way of assigning some numerical values to your unique fingerprints.

After all, it would be pretty embarassing for you state to issue you a CHL if you had been convicted of Murder in another state under another name.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:29:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I sometimes think the NRA is the Govvies informant. Kinda like I'll scratch your back you scratch mine. I'll give you the small bust, and you keep me rolling in $$$.
View Quote

and they don't have to get the list from the NRA - - all they have to do is scan the names off the mailings that the NRA does.

List compiled.  All nice and legal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:45:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
.................................... [red]We think alike LT[/red]....[blue]I would'nt trust a dog to watch my food.[/blue]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:57:46 AM EDT
[#23]
The government does not have a list and to disarm USA they need an accurate list. In my opinion, the first step would be to divide gun owners into small groups of maybe 10,000 or so across the economic, geographic, and political spectrum. Using the Leftist popular press the government would create a sense of urgency to remove the guns from these relatively small groups of "terrorists". Swat teams would attack the homes and businesses of the "terrorists" with electronic tools that will sweep and find all the weapons, period, buried or otherwise. Then they will go after the next 10,000 gun owners. There will be TV testimonials and public displays of "patriots" turning in their guns and ratting on neighbors and family who are "terrorists" simply because they refuse to help the government confiscate guns.

The key is an accurate list and/or registration.

Burial of weapons will NOT work. The government has sophisticated ways of finding disturbed earth. The American Colonists kept militia arsenals as a community. Maybe that is why the Leftist propaganda machine is so disturbed when more than one gun and 20 rounds is discovered? Maybe the Leftists fear Americans will collaborate to preserve guns and gun rights?

Just my 2 cents on the subject.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top