Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 6:57:58 AM EDT
In MI, to own a pistol we need to have a "safety inspection" done to get a green card, basically a registration scheme.  MI law defines a pistol being any firearm that is less than 30” in length.  My Polish AK-47 underfolder that I am building will be 26” long when folded, and thus a pistol.  It seems that I will be able to legally carry this with my CCW as this weapon will have a safety inspection and a green card issued.  

WEAPONS:
Firearm fully operable when folded or contracted with length of 30 inches or less as a pistol A firearm containing a stock capable of being contracted or folded to an overall length of 30 inches or less and being fully operable in such contracted or folded condition is a pistol requiring licensure for purchase, carrying or transport, and is subject to safety inspection. A rifle with a barrel of at least 16 inches in length and a stock capable of being contracted or folded to an overall length of less than 26 inches, being fully operable in such contracted or folded condition, is a ‘short-barreled rifle’ whose sale or possession is prohibited.
A shotgun with a barrel of at least 18 inches in length and a stock capable of being contracted or folded to an overall length of less than 26 inches, being fully operable in such contracted or folded condition, is a ‘short-barreled shotgun’ whose sale or possession is prohibited.

Does anyone know where I can get an IWB holster for an AK-47

Thought you guys might get a chuckle out of this.

Echap
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#1]
You probably couldn't carry it without wearing a trench coat, but you could carry it concealed in your car.

Note to non-michiganders: You cannot carry a loaded weapon in your vehicle without have a Concealed Pistol License, and the weapon has to be a pistol.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a pretty cool idea--way to use the restrictive rule to your advantage.  Is the folded AK considered a pistol, or a rifle which is regulated under the pistol rules?  Could be really interesting if it's legal
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#3]
The only thing is if you got pulled over and had a ak stuck in your pants the cop would proabaly not laugh that much.  Just guessing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Well that would solve the .45 vs. 9mm debate

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Is that an AK underfolder in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#6]
You could try that special holster that the secret service uses for the folding stock MP5K(??)
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Ya, I could just see the look on the guys face that tries to jack you.

[quote/Al Pachino] Say hello to my little friend! [Al pachino/quote]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
[dirty Harry] Do you feel lucky punk? ....was that 29 or 30 rds....[/dirty Harry]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top