Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 5:57:58 AM EST
In MI, to own a pistol we need to have a "safety inspection" done to get a green card, basically a registration scheme. MI law defines a pistol being any firearm that is less than 30” in length. My Polish AK-47 underfolder that I am building will be 26” long when folded, and thus a pistol. It seems that I will be able to legally carry this with my CCW as this weapon will have a safety inspection and a green card issued.

WEAPONS:
Firearm fully operable when folded or contracted with length of 30 inches or less as a pistol A firearm containing a stock capable of being contracted or folded to an overall length of 30 inches or less and being fully operable in such contracted or folded condition is a pistol requiring licensure for purchase, carrying or transport, and is subject to safety inspection. A rifle with a barrel of at least 16 inches in length and a stock capable of being contracted or folded to an overall length of less than 26 inches, being fully operable in such contracted or folded condition, is a ‘short-barreled rifle’ whose sale or possession is prohibited.
A shotgun with a barrel of at least 18 inches in length and a stock capable of being contracted or folded to an overall length of less than 26 inches, being fully operable in such contracted or folded condition, is a ‘short-barreled shotgun’ whose sale or possession is prohibited.

Does anyone know where I can get an IWB holster for an AK-47

Thought you guys might get a chuckle out of this.

Echap
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:02:58 AM EST
You probably couldn't carry it without wearing a trench coat, but you could carry it concealed in your car.

Note to non-michiganders: You cannot carry a loaded weapon in your vehicle without have a Concealed Pistol License, and the weapon has to be a pistol.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:17:39 AM EST
That's a pretty cool idea--way to use the restrictive rule to your advantage. Is the folded AK considered a pistol, or a rifle which is regulated under the pistol rules? Could be really interesting if it's legal
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:56:33 AM EST
The only thing is if you got pulled over and had a ak stuck in your pants the cop would proabaly not laugh that much. Just guessing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:58:29 AM EST
Well that would solve the .45 vs. 9mm debate

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:59:04 AM EST
Is that an AK underfolder in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:59:50 AM EST
You could try that special holster that the secret service uses for the folding stock MP5K(??)
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:46:04 AM EST
Ya, I could just see the look on the guys face that tries to jack you.

[quote/Al Pachino] Say hello to my little friend! [Al pachino/quote]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:08:30 AM EST
[dirty Harry] Do you feel lucky punk? ....was that 29 or 30 rds....[/dirty Harry]
Top Top