Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2007 6:54:26 PM EDT
Anyone know anybody with a "Concealed Carry Weapon" badge like you see advertised in gun magazines that say "someday may save your life". Or you can buy at gunshows without even proof of a CCW. I know of one guy who likes to flash it with his permit in his special wallet, like he's on Law and Order. I just wander if it would fit better up their ass parallel with the crack or perpendicular to it when they show it to the wrong guy(s) (COP ?) trying to be a cop wannabe and they shove it up his ass.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
people just are wierd sometimes
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
what's the big deal?
a guy has a CHL badge.

not that it matters as long as he does not try to impersonate a cop or flash his gun
i could care less that he has a badge.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a member here that lost his CCL for flashing his fake badge in a bar.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I think they're very good to have, and it makes people respect you more. It's a better idea to have it on a chain around your neck, so you can whip it out faster.

(this post captioned for the humor impaired)
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
GEY!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#6]
The best one I heard of was, a "City Council" badge one of the young Councilmen in San Antonio, Texas had made.  He used it to get into the tittie bars for free until the press got wind of it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#7]
if someone finds the link (before me), post a link where I can get a belt holster/thingy for it.

gotta be somethingsomethingCOOL  
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#8]
"Badges? We do not need any malodorous badges."
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#9]
well like the poster said, most of the guys who use the badges give others a bad name. They use them like trophies and flash them around as if we should be impressed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Anyone know anybody with a "Concealed Carry Weapon" badge like you see advertised in gun magazines that say "someday may save your life". Or you can buy at gunshows without even proof of a CCW. I know of one guy who likes to flash it with his permit in his special wallet, like he's on Law and Order. I just wander if it would fit better up their ass parallel with the crack or perpendicular to it when they show it to the wrong guy(s) (COP ?) trying to be a cop wannabe and they shove it up his ass.

Here in SC it is illegal to have or "flash" a CCW badge. I can understand a situation where the badge may save your life, but the law here specifically prohibits it. Flashing a CCW badge is kind of like saying "look at my penis, isn't it big!"
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Linky!

I remember seeing this in the newest "Guns" Magazine.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#12]
a guy on here got arrested for trying to impersonate a cop and impress a chick with one.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Only way the badge might save your life was if it stopped a bullet.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Chicks dig it.

Till you try it on a real popo's girlfriend.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"Badges? We do not need any malodorous badges."

Quoted:
Chicks dig it.

Till you try it on a real popo's girlfriend.

I agree.  It's a very good way to get tossed in the pokey.

(Never hit on a cops GF!)
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
what's the big deal?
a guy has a CHL badge.

not that it matters as long as he does not try to impersonate a cop or flash his gun

So you have one?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

As long as he didn't have the weapon ON him in the bar he shouldn't have lost the CCL. In texas you get a 30 day suspension for first offenses. 2nd offense is 1-3 years. 3rd offense they revoke.

What state and what was the reasoning behind having it revoked? (other than being an idiot for having a CCL badge)
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#18]
More ghey than open carry, you actually have to buy one to show people how spechul you are.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I wish I could find the old thread

Tag.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#20]
mega ghey
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Look at me!! Im important!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd be embarrassed to have one. Heck. I'm embarrassed for the people that do. That's how stupid it is.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#24]
"You know those "Concealed Handgun License" Badges?" Archive Thread (sorry, non-Team Members)

3/6/2006. Classic.

Here's the way it starts out:

Well I had one.

And in doing so got arrested for a C Felony "impersonation of a police officer."

I am 31 and had had my CHL for about two years. I got my CHL because I live in rural Deschutes County Oregon and I take my Keltec P3AT fishing and hiking and I was trying to do the smart thing.

Anyways, this is what happened. I went out partying one night with some friends in late April.

I was having a smoke out front of a club when a plain clothed county deputy taps me on the shoulder. Apparently his girlfriend saw the badge when I had my wallet out at some point (still not sure how that happened) and pointed me out to this guy. He was a new cop, must have been 21 or 22 max. He asks me if I am a cop, and of course I reply "no I am not". He then asks about the badge. I explain to him what it was and inquire to as how the hell he knew I had it. He asks if I am carrying and I of course am not at this time and assure him that that is the case.

He and I talk for about 15 minutes about this, he was actually very nice.(he is off duty by the way.). He leavies me with my silly a** shield and takes my CHL card. He says he is going to hold onto it for the time being.

Three days later two sheriff deputies show up at my work. They ask to see the badge. I don't have it I tell them. They ask if would come show it to them the next evening. I agree.
I still had no idea of the charge I was about to get slapped with.

I show up at the Sheriffs office and show the one cop my badge. I explain again why I thought it might be a good idea.

He tells me he has to "process me". No Miranda, no citation. Just booked and released with a May 8 court date. I of course now am freaking out. I did nothing wrong besides have the badge in my possession (which is not a crime. It matched what I was licensed for precisely. No words like police, officer, sheriff, agent or otherwise implied LEO.)

I of course call my attorney and my friend at the DA’s office. She assures me that there is no cause for alarm and that they would never be able to convict on the evidence they have. (Did I mention she is a good friend?)

May 8 comes and goes, no charges, no indictment. The only thing that has happened is that two weeks ago I got a letter from the sheriff’s office stating they have revoked my CHL.

So here I sit, bewildered, bummed, confused, and the sincere feeling of being ripped off.
I am not a bad guy, I was not posing. I sincerely thought that all the stupid stuff the badge was marketed under. I even knew better because I have read all the negative stuff about exactly what I got myself into.

As soon as my attorney advises me that this matter is officially closed how the hell do I go about getting my CHL back? I think I may be scr*w’d.

I hope anyone who is in possession of one of those stupid shields throws it directly into the trash without passing go.

Thanks for listening.

Foon

I don't know what the lock/ban count was from this.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I can't think of any situation that would be helped by someone flashing a toy badge.

I can think of many scenarios where having one would create problems for the owner.

The simple fact is that, in this country, badges are seen by the majority as symbols of authority. Most non-LEOs who are issued badges(like paramedics and firefighters) don't carry them when off duty.

Wearing or showing a badge is going to make most people think that you are an LEO. I suspect that in many cases, this is exactly the reason that CCW badges are carried.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
"You know those "Concealed Handgun License" Badges?" Archive Thread (sorry, non-Team Members)

3/6/2006. Classic.

Here's the way it starts out:

Well I had one.

And in doing so got arrested for a C Felony "impersonation of a police officer."

I am 31 and had had my CHL for about two years. I got my CHL because I live in rural Deschutes County Oregon and I take my Keltec P3AT fishing and hiking and I was trying to do the smart thing.

Anyways, this is what happened. I went out partying one night with some friends in late April.

I was having a smoke out front of a club when a plain clothed county deputy taps me on the shoulder. Apparently his girlfriend saw the badge when I had my wallet out at some point (still not sure how that happened) and pointed me out to this guy. He was a new cop, must have been 21 or 22 max. He asks me if I am a cop, and of course I reply "no I am not". He then asks about the badge. I explain to him what it was and inquire to as how the hell he knew I had it. He asks if I am carrying and I of course am not at this time and assure him that that is the case.

He and I talk for about 15 minutes about this, he was actually very nice.(he is off duty by the way.). He leavies me with my silly a** shield and takes my CHL card. He says he is going to hold onto it for the time being.

Three days later two sheriff deputies show up at my work. They ask to see the badge. I don't have it I tell them. They ask if would come show it to them the next evening. I agree.
I still had no idea of the charge I was about to get slapped with.

I show up at the Sheriffs office and show the one cop my badge. I explain again why I thought it might be a good idea.

He tells me he has to "process me". No Miranda, no citation. Just booked and released with a May 8 court date. I of course now am freaking out. I did nothing wrong besides have the badge in my possession (which is not a crime. It matched what I was licensed for precisely. No words like police, officer, sheriff, agent or otherwise implied LEO.)

I of course call my attorney and my friend at the DA’s office. She assures me that there is no cause for alarm and that they would never be able to convict on the evidence they have. (Did I mention she is a good friend?)

May 8 comes and goes, no charges, no indictment. The only thing that has happened is that two weeks ago I got a letter from the sheriff’s office stating they have revoked my CHL.

So here I sit, bewildered, bummed, confused, and the sincere feeling of being ripped off.
I am not a bad guy, I was not posing. I sincerely thought that all the stupid stuff the badge was marketed under. I even knew better because I have read all the negative stuff about exactly what I got myself into.

As soon as my attorney advises me that this matter is officially closed how the hell do I go about getting my CHL back? I think I may be scr*w’d.

I hope anyone who is in possession of one of those stupid shields throws it directly into the trash without passing go.

Thanks for listening.

Foon

I don't know what the lock/ban count was from this.

Should've gotten a real attorney too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#27]
The more recent one was where the guy was actually impersonating a police officer, wasn't he? The guy who was trying to pick up chicks, and one of them turned out to be a LEO's girlfriend?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The more recent one was where the guy was actually impersonating a police officer, wasn't he? The guy who was trying to pick up chicks, and one of them turned out to be a LEO's girlfriend?

I think that was it. We just got more of the story later in the thread.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
what's the big deal?
a guy has a CHL badge.

sooooo you gotta badge also .

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Eh a hunk of flashing tin has no legal weight behind it. Your permit does however.
Personally I see no reason for one.
As someone else said the only way one of these is going to save your life is by deflecting a bullet.
So honestly, whats the point?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Eh a hunk of flashing tin has no legal weight behind it. Your permit does however.
As someone else said the only way one of these is going to save your life is by deflecting a bullet.

The whole ad campaign of "THIS BADGE MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!" is BS. If a BG has a gun "up", he probably won't hesitate seeing a badge (WTH, he's going down for it anyway) and too many cops shoot real cops who point a gun at them by accident.

The only possible thing I can think of is that some sheeple, upon seeing a CCW with a badge are less likely to freak, thinking that the CCW'er is an LEO.

Of course, that sword (dare I call it "semi-impersination"?) cuts both ways, depending on the way your state codes are phrased and the zeal of your local DA/PA, as we saw from our associate in OR.

I still think that the guy in Or could have fought the charge, as long as he didn't specifically identify himself as a police officer, however I'm not familiar enough with OR statutes to even be an Interweb expert.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I remember that story
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The best one I heard of was, a "City Council" badge one of the young Councilmen in San Antonio, Texas had made.  He used it to get into the tittie bars for free until the press got wind of it.

Some time back within the last several years an Azusa, Ca city councilman got into trouble for using his city council badge to force a woman into his car after a business dispute. He got spanked, he tried to infer he had LEO status.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#34]
CCW badges?

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#35]
CCL badges are teh weak.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I just wander if it would fit better up their ass parallel with the crack or perpendicular to it when they show it to the wrong guy(s) (COP ?) trying to be a cop wannabe and they shove it up his ass.

Yes, a CCW badge is most usefull as an anal toy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The whole ad campaign of "THIS BADGE MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!" is BS. If a BG has a gun "up", he probably won't hesitate seeing a badge (WTH, he's going down for it anyway) and too many cops shoot real cops who point a gun at them by accident.

The only possible thing I can think of is that some sheeple, upon seeing a CCW with a badge are less likely to freak, thinking that the CCW'er is an LEO.

Of course, that sword (dare I call it "semi-impersination"?) cuts both ways, depending on the way your state codes are phrased and the zeal of your local DA/PA, as we saw from our associate in OR.

I still think that the guy in Or could have fought the charge, as long as he didn't specifically identify himself as a police officer, however I'm not familiar enough with OR statutes to even be an Interweb expert.

Honestly I can not understand this. The only way someone is going to see my weapon is if A) I dont cover it effectivly, or B) if I have to draw down on someone. In the case of A, a badge isnt going to help me. In the case of be, I think the sheeple would already be upset, due to the crisis that required me to draw.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly I can not understand this. The only way someone is going to see my weapon is if A) I dont cover it effectivly, or B) if I have to draw down on someone. In the case of A, a badge isnt going to help me. In the case of be, I think the sheeple would already be upset, due to the crisis that required me to draw.

It's the only thing I could think of that makes any sense, other than blatant impersonation (or misrepresentation of one's self) as a Sooper Ninja SEAL DEA ranger who killed VC in Iraqistan to the mostly drunken bar floozy.

Or you believe the ads in the back of gun magazines like you believed the ads in the back of the comic book that said you'd really get 1000 (usable) armymen for $1.99
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the only thing I could think of that makes any sense, other than blatant impersonation (or misrepresentation of one's self) as a Sooper Ninja SEAL DEA ranger who killed VC in Iraqistan to the mostly drunken bar floozy.

Or you believe the ads in the back of gun magazines like you believed the ads in the back of the comic book that said you'd really get 1000 (usable) armymen for $1.99

I think I'll spend my money on more seamonkeys
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I'll spend my money on more seamonkeys

Don't forget to get some x-ray glasses while you are at it.

We had a thread in the TN Hometown Forum on it also. It's surprising how many people think those POS's are a good idea.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top