Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2001 3:13:51 PM EDT
Sadly, I just learned that Collin County Gun Range located in the outskirts of McKinney, TX has lost their legal battle and will be shut down. They were originally not located in McKinney city limits but were annexed and then they started the whole legal investigation and battle. They are located east of North 75 Expressway off of 380. The NRA donated 10,000 to the fight but it didn't help I guess. Their being closed basically for noise disturbance to neihbors and businesses(don't see how since the freeway drowns out anything around and there isn't any home that close, also it's on 10 acres of land.), not being properly set-up to prevent a bullet from exiting the range(which I don't agree with), and because of the safety hazard to the range customers, the highway, and neihbors. It deeply saddens me that one by one our freedoms and rights guarunteed by out Constitution and Bill of Rights are slipping away day by day to anti's using our own democratic system to make the things we do, the way we live, and the people we are illegal. I hope for our countries sake that this does not cause a domino effect across the country in the following years causing for gun range closures by the hands of the anti's.[v]

[b]GOD BLESS AMERICA[/b]

Lethal[heavy]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to shoot my AR15 and M1 there.  Nice range with nice people.  They truely got a raw deal - they were there for years with no problems.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top