Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:10:29 PM EDT
Another Stain on CBS
CBS News released something they have chosen to call a "poll" yesterday, claiming Bush's ratings are at an all-time low. What they failed to acknowledge (until page 18, at the very bottom of a PDF version of the poll) was that CBS contacted substantially more Democrats than Republicans.

To be exact, the final numbers of individuals contacted were 409 Democrats to 272 Republicans. A quick mathematical exercise reveals that 40 percent of respondents were Dems, while only 27 percent count themselves among the GOP ranks.

What we’ve learned about polling from the last two presidential elections, and the ‘02 mid-term elections, is that good polling weights Democrats and Republicans equally. This goes without saying. Every pollster I’ve talked to has said this, and CBS knows this as well.

The failure of this CBS poll to weigh both parties equally just goes to show how incredibly biased this poll really is. (Kudos to the NewBusters website for picking up on this.)

It is an absolute disgrace and another black eye for CBS.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm shocked
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Duh.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Alright, when do we firebomb the headquarters?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]
So you're saying the MSM is biased agasint (R)s?  

No kidding.

Wow....

You learn somthing new every day.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

..............................It is an absolute disgrace and another black eye for CBS.

They've already used up all their eyes.

The only poll that carries any weight with me is the one I conduct. Sample of one- me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#9]
They have zero credibility. It's gotten to the point that if CBS says it, I believe just the opposite.

HH
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed this extremely biased poll. I hope people ban together and fight CBS on this one. They're intentionally misrepresenting facts about a matter. The % diffrence is well outside the margin of error and in the fradulent territory.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw them present that poll last night and I just *knew* it was warped.

They also did stuff like this:

"President Bush also got bad ratings for his handling of katrina. 67% said they were unhappy with katrina rebuilding and 22% said they were happy with.... blah blah"... The question in the poll was probably about rebuilding and had nothing to do with Bush.

All of those polls are total
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3860/605/320/cbs-pollstats.png

348 Independents?  That's going to skew the results even further.  A good chunk of "independents" are liberals who simply don't want to be called "democrats."  Since Bush got roughtly 50% of the popular vote last time, they should have polled equal numbers of those who voted for Bush vis a vis those who voted against Bush.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

interesting.

the dims are weighted less.

any statisticians in the house?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I saw them present that poll last night and I just *knew* it was warped.

They also did stuff like this:

"President Bush also got bad ratings for his handling of katrina. 67% said they were unhappy with katrina rebuilding and 22% said they were happy with.... blah blah"... The question in the poll was probably about rebuilding and had nothing to do with Bush.

All of those polls are total

I knew it as soon as I saw it as well… the NYT, ABC, Zogby, and Washington Post all have been caught over sampling Democrats in polls in the last year.

If you want numbers you can trust look at Rasmussen he is a Republic but his numbers have been spot on in election predictions.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#15]
shocking

not
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

interesting.

the dims are weighted less.

any statisticians in the house?

You are correct.  CBS is correct.  We are all wrong.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I am always somewhat amazed when anyone expects any political leaning entity to play by any set of rules other than their own. Come on people...this is the "enlightened century", where scruples, ethics, character and morals have no place/ meaning, especially if those foolish characteristics could interfere with the desired outcome of whatever it is we want.

In other words, W.C. Fields was right when he opined..."anything worth winning is worth cheating for."

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
They have zero credibility. It's gotten to the point that if CBS says it, I believe just the opposite.

HH

Well, maybe among us, but I don't expect the mainstream news media to carry on about it.

Their aim is to influence the wishy-washy voters who would rather go with a perceived "winner" than to actually have an opinion of their own.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#21]
That is the problem with polls.  They can be swayed in whichever way the pollster wants.  Either by manipulating the sampled population or by deliberately wording the questions in a way that will result in getting the answers you want.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#22]
OMG HAX WTF!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Alright, when do we firebomb the headquarters?

Nah, you have to be smart about this stuff.

Lets publish a cartoon of Muhammad blowing up a mosque and tell the Arabs CBS did it.

You are a visionary and I bow before you!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I just have three letters for you...

C B S

Enough said.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Its still all Bush's fault. He provided CBS with the phone numbers to call just so he could cry conspiracy and be a victim..
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#26]
This of course assumes that CBS chose which people to call by looking at party affiliation. However, I think a more likely explanation for this is that CBS called up people at random and out of that random sample there were more Democrats than Republicans. This is not skewing the survey. If the survey reported something like 50% Democrat and 50%Republican or something close to that effect then one can argue that the survey was skewed since, obviously, the US population is not evenly split along party lines.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Sweeeeeet!!  When I called my lib sister-in-law, and asked her if she'd heard about the skewed poll, she SLAMMED the phone down on me!  I love doing that shit to her, especially since we had gotten into a big debate on media bias a couple months ago (of course, in her opinion, there is none, and it's a made-up story by the republicans.)
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#28]
CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.

CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE. CBS LIES. NO SURPRISE.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
This of course assumes that CBS chose which people to call by looking at party affiliation. However, I think a more likely explanation for this is that CBS called up people at random and out of that random sample there were more Democrats than Republicans. This is not skewing the survey. If the survey reported something like 50% Democrat and 50%Republican or something close to that effect then one can argue that the survey was skewed since, obviously, the US population is not evenly split along party lines.

What a load of bullshit.  Did you happen to catch the results of the last election?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#30]
CBS,NBC,ABC, CNN, are in love with the ALCU  and everyother left wing idea that ever came down the pike.
They ceased to be real news organizations a long time ago. If you REALLY believe what you hear on these networks than I feel sorry for you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#31]
How much you wanna bet that the rest of the media picks up on this , ignores the biased premise , and repeats this BS over & over & over ---  im beginning to see a pattern here!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#33]
34% is not so good. But what's the "real" i.e. like Fox News number? 38%!?  

Those CBS bastards are hiding all the good news again!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Bush's ratings...

He is on a second term isn't he?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
34% is not so good. But what's the "real" i.e. like Fox News number? 38%!?  

Those CBS bastards are hiding all the good news again!

The real numbers are like, 52%, same as the election results discounting Democrat double voting scams.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

It has long been known that Republicans and conservatives, as well as young people, are less willing to answer phone surveys.  They call, I hang up.  I'm busy when I am home and don't have time to waste talking to anyone but my family on the phone.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#37]
You have to understand that the story is true, even if the statistics don't show it.  The vast majority of people hate George Bush more than they love their own children.  Even if we, here at CBS, are unable to prove it with surveys and scientific studies, we know it to be true.  It's just like that Bush National Guard story we broke.  The document we based our story on was discredited in less than three hours, but that does not mean that the  story  is false.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top