Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 3:14:02 AM EST
To absolutely nobody's surprise on this board, CBS was again going full bore this morning with its anti-gun pro Kerry propaganda. They featured a so-called expert who accused Bushmaster of "skirting" the law. Then they showed a clip of Kerry saying he would never "need" an AK-47. The Democrats better wake up before it's too late. Use of the word "need" can be a very misleading term. It certainly looks like we're in for it this week. It's going to be a very stressful period.

I e-mailed CBS, which I'm sure they will ignore and I plan to boycott any sponsors I can. I think it pretty much boils down to the scheme that Democrats have in mind where they force an AWB renewal and the president shoots the Republican party in the foot by signing it. If by some miracle he signs an AWB before the election, he can kiss the Whitehouse goodbye. In the next major election, the Republicans would lose the majority in the House and Senate. They know this.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:27:16 AM EST
I have been watching at smothering, they are busy there as well. Someone posts it is about to end, no one responds, so as soon as it goes to the second page, they start a new one.
Also found it on some other message boards I frequent.
I step in where needed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:33:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By rn45:
To absolutely nobody's surprise on this board, CBS was again going full bore this morning with its anti-gun pro Kerry propaganda. They featured a so-called expert who accused Bushmaster of "skirting" the law. Then they showed a clip of Kerry saying he would never "need" an AK-47. The Democrats better wake up before it's too late. Use of the word "need" can be a very misleading term. It certainly looks like we're in for it this week. It's going to be a very stressful period.

I e-mailed CBS, which I'm sure they will ignore and I plan to boycott any sponsors I can. I think it pretty much boils down to the scheme that Democrats have in mind where they force an AWB renewal and the president shoots the Republican party in the foot by signing it. If by some miracle he signs an AWB before the election, he can kiss the Whitehouse goodbye. In the next major election, the Republicans would lose the majority in the House and Senate. They know this.

It's not going to be a stressful period. All you have to do is stop watching the news and get all your info from the net. That's what I do and I stay stress-free.

The Dems have today and tomorrow to get something done. They are out of time and they know it. They will NOT try anything now because they have already started blaming Bush. If they somehow got something passed and he signed it, then it would (in Democratic eyes) make Bush look good. They would rather make Bush look bad (in an election year) than get the AWB passed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:25:03 AM EST
The Democrats know the bill is dead. Even Feinstein is saying so... the sole purpose of the relentless media drumbeat is to try and attack the President now. They want to drag his numbers down by making it sound like he is personally handing out machineguns to crackheads on their way to gun down schoolchildren.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:13:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
The Democrats know the bill is dead. Even Feinstein is saying so... the sole purpose of the relentless media drumbeat is to try and attack the President now. They want to drag his numbers down by making it sound like he is personally handing out machineguns to crackheads on their way to gun down schoolchildren.

Bingo
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:16:37 AM EST
Let not your hearts be troubled. It is OVER...we won.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:29:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2004 5:29:35 AM EST by BeetleBailey]
email sent

p.s. contact info here: link "send an email to..."
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:30:09 AM EST
The wailing and moaning is getting much louder now. Heheheh.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:34:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By goodmedicine:

Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

Bingo

B+1
Top Top