Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 7:56:42 AM EDT
I'm sure it will be fair and balanced.Here60 Minutes, A Terrorist Tool?

Some choice quotes:

Diaz is hoping Congress will pass a law requiring that the names of owners of .50-caliber rifles be kept on file.

"No one in the U.S. government knows who has these guns," he says
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#1]
[scrambling to buy stock in companies that make .50 caliber rifles]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
They should have had Dan Rather do this piece.

Then it would be fair and balanced.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]

I want to see Dan Blather shoot down a satellite with one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#4]
"CBS, making news where there isn't any since 1930"
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn't CBS or one of the other alphabet news stations do a show on the .50 BMG in the late 90's?  I seem to remember them focusing on how evil militias could shoot at politicians a mile away and kill them and four other people at once.  Now its foriegn terrorists who will be shooting at politicians from over a mile a way with the same results.  

Same stuff, just a different twist to the same old "we gotta ban em' before someone goes crazy" story.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#6]
NBC did a show on 50s. Fell flat.

CRC
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:38:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Didn't CBS or one of the other alphabet news stations do a show on the .50 BMG in the late 90's?  I seem to remember them focusing on how evil militias could shoot at politicians a mile away and kill them and four other people at once.  Now its foriegn terrorists who will be shooting at politicians from over a mile a way with the same results.  

Hey, if 5 people are lined up, i'd bet most of them die from a .50 shooting at the one in front.    IOW, the statement was not misleading.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#8]
i havnt seen anyone using .50 calibers for crimes.
it sounds like the news medis is trying to give them idea's?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#9]
VPC sent an email out this week

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=311404

Get ready to write some letters.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Why is that guy wearing a purple flightsuit? Is that what the leo's wear in PRK now?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm sure it will be fair and balanced.

Here's a preview of it 60 Minutes, A Terrorist Tool?

Some choice quotes:

Diaz is hoping Congress will pass a law requiring that the names of owners of .50-caliber rifles be kept on file.

"No one in the U.S. government knows who has these guns," he says

Expect...

Demonstration of .50 blowing apart cinder blocks and/or piercing light armor.

Film clips of .50 cal being used by troops in Iraq.

Pictures of David Koresh and the Branch Davidians (voice over that they had 2 .50 cals at Waco).

Photo copy (camera zoom), of "Al Quida training manual" and mention of instructions of how easy it is to obtain firearms in the USA.

Mention of the wide availability of AP/incendiary and RUFUS, rounds over the internet or at gun shows.

File footage of militia types in camoflauge, praising the effectivness of the .50 cal.

Close-up picture to any (or all), of VPC reports "Sitting Ducks Details 50 Caliber Sniper Rifle Terrorist Threat to Refinery and Hazardous-Chemical Facilities",  "Just Like Bird Hunting"—The Threat to Civil Aviation from 50 Caliber Sniper Rifles", "Voting From the Rooftops: How the Gun Industry Armed Osama bin Laden, Other Foreign and Domestic Terrorists, and Common Criminals With 50 Caliber Sniper Rifles"

Computer generated footage of .50 cal knocking down a weather sattellite
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Correspondent Ed Bradley reports on the big gun that was recently banned in California for 60 Minutes, Sunday, Jan. 9, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

This POS Ed Bradley, back in the 80's hosted a CBS evening fake news magazine called "Street Stories with Ed Bradley".  In one episode he supposedly uncovered how "kids could buy Uai machineguns on the street for $50."

I remarked at the time, "If that's so, I'll take a dozen, and give them away to family and friends for Christmas."

He interviewed some little 12 yr old punk supposedly guarding his turf with a "machine gun".  The kid kept it more or less covered by blocking the view of the "machine gun" with his back to the camera, looking out the door of the stairwell of his hellhole in the projects.

Finally got a good look at it... it was one of those Crosman airguns that had some plastic added to try to emulate an M16.  The buttstock was broken off, only the pistol grip remained.  You could see the jagged edge of the broken buttstock.  A damn air rifle...

That was Ed Bradley's "$50 machine gun purchased on the street".

Lying POS Ed Bradley.  He lied then, he'll lie now.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I love how they think banning the is going to keep them out of the hands of terrorists.

They kill me, they really do.  Fucking ban Jet liners and fertilizer too.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i havnt seen anyone using .50 calibers for crimes.
it sounds like the news medis is trying to give them idea's?

Well there has to be a reason to ban them  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#15]
The picture of the guy in the flight suit holding what looks like a Mcmillan .50 has a trijicon reflex acog mounted on it. Not my first choice in optics if I had a .50
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The picture of the guy in the flight suit holding what looks like a Mcmillan .50 has a trijicon reflex acog mounted on it. Not my first choice in optics if I had a .50

I saw that also.    thats so you can use it inside the bank for the bank robbery.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Just saw a commercial on this upcoming episode and it sure sounded fair and balanced. Ya right.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#18]
News reporter jobs ought to just last 3 months so they don't get so powerful. This might just make them tell more lies.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I think the left wing biased media all got their talking points earlier this week, here's an editorial on .50 cal smells like bullshit

You can expect more after 60 minutes, then NPR, then Air Amerika, then the Hollyweird Left, then the usualy slimebags in congress, CNN, etc.

ETA: note the date on this "news" release from these commies commie pukes
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Instead, he said, the law is intended to keep the firearm out of the hands of "terrorists, general nut cases and survivalists." He cited government reports suggesting that it had been used in assassinations overseas and that at least 25 had been bought by Osama bin Laden.

This LIE has been repeated so often and so loudly it is accepted as fact.

What the FACT is, 25 Barretts were purchased by the US Govt and given to Mujahadeen to fight the Soviets in Afganistan.  So were a lot of other armament.  Bin Laden was not even on their radar at that time.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:45:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Omg the big scary rifle is going to kill me.  Hide me.  It looks so mean.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:51:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw that also.    thats so you can use it inside the bank for the bank robbery.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:23:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Ok, let's say I'm a terrorist...  Would I rather:

A) Use an SA-7 MANPAD that weighs around 30 pounds, was designed to engage and shoot down aircraft, and is in a lot of terrorist hands or...

B) Use a .50 cal rifle, most likely single shot, weighs at least 25 pounds, was not designed to engage aircraft, is probably more expensive than the old MANPAD they already have...

Which is the worse image - the Airbus in Baghdad hit by a MANPAD spewing flame from the wing or a complete miss of an airliner with a .50 cal???

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:44:47 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Ok, let's say I'm a terrorist...  Would I rather:

A) Use an SA-7 MANPAD that weighs around 30 pounds, was designed to engage and shoot down aircraft, and is in a lot of terrorist hands or...

B) Use a .50 cal rifle, most likely single shot, weighs at least 25 pounds, was not designed to engage aircraft, is probably more expensive than the old MANPAD they already have...

Which is the worse image - the Airbus in Baghdad hit by a MANPAD spewing flame from the wing or a complete miss of an airliner with a .50 cal???

Stop making sense. You'll scare people.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:56:25 AM EDT
[#26]
If they do ban the .50, I'm getting a radiator for my 'Cuda so it'll run, then selling my other car to get the cash for a .50BMG rifle. Preferably semi-auto. Then I'll play the Star Spangled Banner every time I take it to the range.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Expect...

Demonstration of .50 blowing apart cinder blocks and/or piercing light armor.

Yep.

Film clips of .50 cal being used by troops in Iraq.

Nope.

Pictures of David Koresh and the Branch Davidians (voice over that they had 2 .50 cals at Waco).

Yep. They also claimed shots were taken at the FBI with one.

Photo copy (camera zoom), of "Al Quida training manual" and mention of instructions of how easy it is to obtain firearms in the USA.

Nope.

Mention of the wide availability of AP/incendiary and RUFUS, rounds over the internet or at gun shows.

Yep.

File footage of militia types in camoflauge, praising the effectivness of the .50 cal.

Nope.

Close-up picture to any (or all), of VPC reports "Sitting Ducks Details 50 Caliber Sniper Rifle Terrorist Threat to Refinery and Hazardous-Chemical Facilities",  "Just Like Bird Hunting"—The Threat to Civil Aviation from 50 Caliber Sniper Rifles", "Voting From the Rooftops: How the Gun Industry Armed Osama bin Laden, Other Foreign and Domestic Terrorists, and Common Criminals With 50 Caliber Sniper Rifles"

Nope.

Computer generated footage of .50 cal knocking down a weather sattellite

Nope. Somehow they missed that one. [
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top