Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2001 8:15:25 AM EDT
Hi,

In California, is it legal for a citizen who could otherwise own a handgun to buy a magazine if they are under 21?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Your question doesn't make sense. You can't own a handgun in California if you're under 21.  DOJ would reject the DROS.

Magazines 10 rounds or less, on the other hand, are unrestricted.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hi,

In California, is it legal for a citizen who could otherwise own a handgun to buy a magazine if they are under 21?
View Quote

I suggest [i]American Handgunner[/i].
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I beg to differ. It [i]IS[/i] legal to own a handgun in CA if you're under 21. It is not legal to [i]BUY[/i] a handgun. A parent can transfer a handgun to their under 21 child - no DROSS, background check, or waiting period required. Just fill out a form and mail it in with a check. I did just this with no problems. Even got back a nice thank you letter from the DOJ.

Of course now everytime my son flys he gets pulled out of line and all his carry on baggage thoroughly inspected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top