Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2002 3:14:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
if its anything like my H.A.W.G. its well worth the money. lots of water and lots of cargo space

I wish i would have got one years ago. It beats lugging around several bottles and a canteen
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Try looking on Ebay.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
all of the MAXIMUM GEAR camelbaks are worth it!

I have the Thermobak 3L OD Green. I like the carrying Handle and the Condura Material is real Rugged.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anybody have any experience with this model?
Is it worth the extra money?
[url]http://www.camelbak.com/mil/cb_prod.cfm?Product_ID=52&CATID=6[/url]
View Quote

Depends on what you want to use it for. I have a 3-liter Thermobak and a MotherLode, and I can tell you that the extra liter of water makes a difference. On a day hunt I'll easily go through 3 liters with little to spare.

If your working in tight spaces, vehicles or near a water source, the Stealth is a good choice. Let your requirement determine the model.

I agree with Olyhater, all the max gear is top shelf stuff. I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of it. I bought my MotherLode from a guy near Ft. Campbell, and my Thermobak from Lightfighter. Brad had a great price, fast service, only one small item was on backorder. I'll order from him again. Look at their site: [url]www.lightfighter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:09:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Depends on what you want to use it for. If you just want to carry extra water around you can get camelbak cheaper. Under $30.00. I have two one in desert and one in woodland. No pockets on either. I use them just to carry extra water. Great to have.
TOW2B
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:19:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got the Thermobak 2 Liter in desert camo, wish I'd gotten the 3 liter, as I have to go to the house once during the day to refill when doing farm work. I chose the desert camo since I primarily use it while working outside in the hot sun. and it keeps the water cooler than black. You may be better served by black depending upon your application.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Depends on what you want to use it for. If you just want to carry extra water around you can get camelbak cheaper. Under $30.00. I have two one in desert and one in woodland. No pockets on either. I use them just to carry extra water. Great to have.
TOW2B
View Quote

Dude!

Where did you find CamelBak Max Gear for under $30???? I'm looking for that place!

Are these Thermobaks or the commercial "rec" gear?

Let me know,

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had the stealth for about three years. It's been to Saudi, Kuwait, Europe, and on a BUNCH of field exercises. It barley shows any wear and as long as you clean it out every once in a while, it'll stay good for a pretty long while. It fits nicely under a tac vest, backpack, or just about anything else.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm curious as to what everyone has to say about some of their accessories, like the tube cover, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top