Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/21/2018 12:57:10 AM EDT
My agency recently switched CAD systems and we will be going to a new RMS system within the next few years. Right now our RMS system is outdated by 30 years, and our "new" CAD program is Motorola Premier One, which is not very user friendly. It seems like with such a large agency as ours and our annual budget I would think that we could have gone to a much better system. A lot of local agencies use OSSI and Smart Cop, to me it would be nice to know what information has on someone when I stop out with them. While this program is better in some ways, it takes more strokes of the key to find things. My question is who else uses this program? Is your agency on a better updated version of the CAD?, I heard that the version we are using is outdated 5 years.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:54:06 PM EDT
No help here, we use a CAD, RMS and report writing programs that were developed in house.

But I'll give it a bump.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:18:47 PM EDT
We use SmartCop. PM me if you have questions.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:25:45 PM EDT
We use RIMS by Sun Ridge Systems. It is an impressive program.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:38:52 PM EDT
If anybody recommends New World Systems - run and run fast and far.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:05:13 PM EDT
We have Archonix right now - DO NOT RECOMMEND, awful support and their "updates" always just mess things up, a lot of search functions do not work as they should

We're trying to switch to Zeurcher (now under CentralSquare) next year. Looks promising, US based customer service, programs themselves look promising. Zeurcher is meant for small-medium agencies, they have something separate intended for larger agencies.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:15:35 PM EDT
We use Motorola CAD. Once you understand how it works, it's actually a pretty good system. I didn't like a couple of the updates over the years but overall, it works just fine.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 6:39:27 PM EDT
We use NexGen. They are a smaller company based out of Connecticut. There have definitely been some growing pains when we transitioned to this system, but the techs have been pretty responsive to our concerns, and they are good at getting back to you. Most of our issues revolved around multi-agency inter-operability, since we were one of their first clients to request that. We were initially looking at SunGuard, but it was double the price. Heard good things about their product from the agencies that went with them.
Top Top