Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2002 5:49:42 PM EDT
Just when I thought the [b]BRC[/b] was a given for me I have been thrown that proverbial curve ball.

By the time the [b]BRC[/b] gets here I will have been on my new job [Logistics Tech. for the worlds largest injection molding company catering exclusively to GM, Toyota, Isuzu, Honda and Ford] for a total of about 40 days.  I was willing to take the one day off [31 May] I needed in order to make the [b]BRC[/b].

This week-end though at drill I noticed our June drill dates have been changed from the 22nd & 23rd to.....yep.............you guessed it...........June 1 & 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:(!]

If I miss drill [which I technically could do and make it up during the week doing PMCS on the tankers or hummers or 931s] then I subsequently miss two extra days of work.

A missed drill and 3 missed days of work so early into this new position aint' gonna cut it for me.  Despite how much I wanna make the [b]BRC[/b], I gotta let my duty lie with the Company and the Guard.

I was really looking forward to meeting all you guys and will certainly miss all the times we were gonna have those 3 days.

Maybe next year huh?

Good luck to you all on the door prizes, the competitions, the beer drinking binges and on your travel safety to and from the [b]BRC[/b]

a3kid, EricTheHun, BeauBeaux 1&2, Hank, ARLady, Hurricane_Emily & Josie, Anti, Ed and all the others...........you guys have fun and I'll see ya next year come hell or high water!

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
feel bad for you man.
but sometimes, you have to prioritize. you're doing the right thing.  the BRC don't pay de bills.
next year, my friend.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Psst. I'll purchase any leftover raffle tickets you may have!

Ohh [edit] sorry you can't make it, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't go... Maybe weeping is very appropriate.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Psst. I'll purchase any leftover raffle tickets you may have!
View Quote

damn, he beat me to it!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#6]
That sucks!

medcop
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't make it either.  I will be stuck in Selmer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#8]
That's right QCMGR.........you made the move down here already didn't you?

I remember getting your e-mail about your e-mail not working or something like that and I forgot about it since.

Sorry!

We need to get together sometime and burn some powder or at least make the local shops and have a beer or something.

Keep that in mind and maybe we can come up with a date.  Jackson for me is only about a 40 minute drive....something I do with very little provocation or cause.

See ya!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Boohoo, I dont even have the luxury to say I was gonna go.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's right QCMGR.........you made the move down here already didn't you?

I remember getting your e-mail about your e-mail not working or something like that and I forgot about it since.

Sorry!

We need to get together sometime and burn some powder or at least make the local shops and have a beer or something.

Keep that in mind and maybe we can come up with a date.  Jackson for me is only about a 40 minute drive....something I do with very little provocation or cause.

See ya!
View Quote

I have been in Michigan this week but I am going back Wednesday.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Now that sounds like a plan to me Sir_Slayer..........anybody got an old refirgerator box or something?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:13:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Dues to my health and financial situation I will not be attending either [:(]...[>Q]...[>(]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:16:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Brad, I understand what you're going through.

I might have to part with a new toy to finance the trip.  Know anybody who wants a satin, stainless 70 series Colt Government model in excellent condition?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:21:32 AM EDT
[#15]
... Oh bummer man!

... On the other hand I didn't think I was going to be able to go at first but now things are looking as if I'll be able to make the trip.

... Tides ebb and flow
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:25:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Darn, I am really sorry X--Kill. Was really looking forward to getting together again. You will be missed for sure. [smoke]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:33:38 AM EDT
[#17]
a3:

Just secure your transportation to and from if you can.  I am sure an active member could show up with nothing more than an appetite and desire to shoot, and do just fine.  Given the company, I am sure that the hospitality that we will all experience will produce a lifetime of memories.

JUST DRAG YOUR CARCAS HERE AND LET YOUR NEEDS BE KNOWN.  (Didja hear that?)

-White Horse

{Edit}  Sorry you can't make it X.  We will drink a toast to all who could not make it, as you will be in our hearts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks White_Horse......while I certainly can't during drill.....you can bet I'll return that toast with my glass.....err...I mean Tecate, held high on Saturday night 1 JUN.

Scott:.........Thanks man.....was really looking forward to spending time with you and your family................other ways/means will present themselves later on I am sure.

[beer] to you all my friends!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top