Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 7:41:24 PM EDT
Cle 6
Yanks 4

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Super Huge Yankees fan here.  The one bright star is no more Torre.  He did a good job when he had Zimmer on the bench, but how many rings since then...0.  If this is what it took, then I will have to take my lumps.  Thank God football is here...Go Panthers.  And I still hate the Red Sox.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Say it ain't so, Joe....
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]
<------Cleveland Native and fan.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Super Huge Yankees fan here.  The one bright star is no more Torre.

Who will do better than Torre?  I hate to see him go.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Not a Yankees fan.  Born and raised in Mass.

It's a shame that Joe might be done.  He is probably the best manager out there.

Oh well--better Cleveland than the Yankees
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Go Tribe!

Actually I'm more anti-Yankee then pro Indians, lol
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dude, ARod hit a homer tonight and two hits yesterday, do you want him to walk on water and hit a bases empty Grand Slam?  I agree with you on the rest(and I was the one you were agreeing with above) that Donny Baseball is ready I think to manage now.  Maybe bring back Wade Boggs as the hitting coach.  Of course, last year I wanted Lou Pinella, and we see what he did with the Cubs.  

That was pretty good. But seriously, he was 4 for 17 I believ in the series, he had his first post season RBI since 2004 with that solo homer in the 7th; he just doesn't play well in the post season for some reason. Don't get me wrong he is a great player and will probably win the AL MVP but I just think the Yanks need to go another direction.

Bring on Wade Boggs he would be a great bench coach!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yea! Go millionaires!

Jealous?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#10]
It's ok though....it's not easy to handle being a fan to the best baseball team in the world
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It'll be sad to see Torre go as I really like him BUT.....like soemone else already said he really didn't manage much anymore...Just put the pieces on the field and go.

I am a HUGE Don Mattingly fan and would love to see him at the helm of the Yankees next year if Torre is inded let go.

I just hope they re-sign Posada and get rid Arod. He can't seem to play in the postseason; same for Matsui.

Dude, ARod hit a homer tonight and two hits yesterday, do you want him to walk on water and hit a bases empty Grand Slam?  I agree with you on the rest(and I was the one you were agreeing with above) that Donny Baseball is ready I think to manage now.  Maybe bring back Wade Boggs as the hitting coach.  Of course, last year I wanted Lou Pinella, and we see what he did with the Cubs.  

So he was what, 3 for 24 in the post-season?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yea! Go millionaires!

Jealous?

Of having the highest payroll in the MLB by $40million and no World Series in 7 years?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Indians vs Rockies in the series, what do you wanna bet?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Indians and Rockies:  that will hold the nation's attention and bring in the big ratings(sorry to be an a..hole, bitter Yankees fan here.)
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I just knew something good was going to come out of this day.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Indians and Rockies:  that will hold the nation's attention and bring in the big ratings(sorry to be an a..hole, bitter Yankees fan here.)

Last year didnt "hold the nations attention" but thats not the point. It was great baseball.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:59:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Indians got lucky..............GO BOSTON
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It would hold the attention of baseball fans who just love the nuances and mystique of the game.  Two up and coming teams. Not to mention Boston and Indians will be a good series as well.  Both have good offense, and both have good pitching.

It is great to see someone able to compete with the Yankees, given that the Yankees have basically unlimited budget.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#20]
And they are still the greatest sports franchise in the history of sports.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#22]
dig the hole
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Indians vs Rockies in the series, what do you wanna bet?

I would love to see that.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What was the whole team's batting average?  It ain't just ARod.  For the most part, the pitching gets much better in the postseason as compared to the regular season.

Blaming ARod is just silly.  The whole team didn't hit for shit.

Valid point...but don't forget the crappy pitching. It just seems the whole thing went down hill once they hit the postseason.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Always glad to see my hometown team win. Take that, Lebron.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What was the whole team's batting average?  It ain't just ARod.  For the most part, the pitching gets much better in the postseason as compared to the regular season.

Blaming ARod is just silly.  The whole team didn't hit for shit.

Valid point...but don't forget the crappy pitching. It just seems the whole thing went down hill once they hit the postseason.
A-rod, Jeter, Posada, Giambi all punched the clock but went straight to the breakroom, they probably spent over a billion dollars only to be eliminated 3 years in a row in the first round
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Yuck the Fankees
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top