Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 4:10:51 PM EDT
Anyone?

I tell you I am worried about this one. I felt good before the debates, the WMD team's "results," more troubles in Iraq, the great Lib media push, "new voters," felons voting in some places and other factors. Now I am worried. I simply have a bad, bad feeling.

Is anyone buying more than they would now in anticipation of a possible Kerry win? I feel certain a Kerry Administration would ban further sales period AT BEST... Worst case???

I am seriously considering biting the bullet and rounding up 4-5 weapons on my list, even if I have to drop several on a credit card.

Am I being too pessimistic or simply prudent?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't matter who wins...the GOP has a hammerlock on the House...no anti-gun bills will ever pass as long as the GOP has that majority...

Ironically, the GOP gained control of Congress because of "revenge" for the AWB...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Can Kerry issue a EO banning them??  If so that would be my big worry.  You are right about the house, we will maintain that majority and it looks like we might pick up 1 or 2 in the senate.  If Kerry does get elected I think the house and senate numbers will increase in 2006
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can Kerry issue a EO banning them??  If so that would be my big worry.  You are right about the house, we will maintain that majority and it looks like we might pick up 1 or 2 in the senate.  If Kerry does get elected I think the house and senate numbers will increase in 2006

He cannot issue an EO banning American made guns. If that were possible, Klinton would have done that rather than AWB. Buy, never trust any politician to keep his word.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know what is possible through EO? To what extent could Kerry fuck us were he to have the chance?

Ammo sales/importation?

Weapon configuration?

Excise taxes on guns or ammo?

So on and so forth...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I am not going to be buying anymore guns for a while. Now is the time for magazines, ammo and practice!

"I beleive there's a storm a brewin', nine crows at nine o'clock neigh" - Clutch
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Does anyone know what is possible through EO? To what extent could Kerry fuck us were he to have the chance?

Ammo sales/importation?

Weapon configuration?

So on and so forth...

Everything that can be done be EO to screw gun owners has been. Basically that is the GCA68 allows the ATF to determine "sporting purpose" Clinton used an EO to force the ATF (an executive branch agency) to further restrict what they felt "sporting purpose" was.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Been at it for the last year or so, someday, we're gonna need them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ammo sales/importation?

Weapon configuration?

So on and so forth...

None, except maybe importation of ammo. He can do nothing about sales, configeration, or taxes by EO. Any changes he would want to make would require congressional approval.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ammo sales/importation?

Weapon configuration?

So on and so forth...

None, except maybe importation of ammo. He can do nothing about sales, configeration, or taxes by EO. Any changes he would want to make would require congressional approval.

Good deal then but banning imported ammo would certainly effect my enjoyment of the hobby... I do not think I have shot domestic ammo in years except what the department issues.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He cannot issue an EO banning American made guns. If that were possible, Klinton would have done that rather than AWB. Buy, never trust any politician to keep his word.

Maybe not banning them, but maybe restricting them something like Kalifornistan ?
Restricting mag capacity or certain "cosmetic" features ??
That wouldn't "technically" ban them you know.
Besides, we would have until January to stock up but the price gouging dealers would make a "New Bans A comin'" killing.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I am not buying new guns, but I am buying the pre-ban mags.

Interesting to see that Butler is worried enough not to start major production runs on 10-22 mags.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#14]
yeah - although the presidential candidates all state how they will fix problems, etc, THEY DO NOT CREATE LAWS
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone else with thoughts on this?

Is there a way a Pres can back door anything else without Congress?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I have been preaching fear of November to all my customers and sales have doubled....

But seriously...one never knows what is around the corner.

MT
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#18]
There's a certain limit with some EO's where congress has to vote on certain things to make sure it's legal, too late to look up right now.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I've said it a hundred times on this site...don't waste your money right now on parts kits and furniture...that shit won't get banned...BUY STRIPPED LOWERS AND MAGS!

Ive been buying complete rifles..maybe I should get a couple of lowers to put on the shelf in the safe
I have enoughmagazines, but I do need a Beta-C
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:19:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I've said it a hundred times on this site...don't waste your money right now on parts kits and furniture...that shit won't get banned...BUY STRIPPED LOWERS AND MAGS!

Couldn't he fairly easily stop importation of AK or other part kits from Europe, though?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:07:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I am not buying new guns, but I am buying the pre-ban mags.

Interesting to see that Butler is worried enough not to start major production runs on 10-22 mags.

They're not?

They have been slow getting their normal cap steel lips out though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#23]
If Kerry wins, I am buying 20 30 round magazines the next day and putting in an order for another 1 or 2 lowers from MEGA. If Bush wins, smooooth sailing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

That doesn't even make sense.

Under the Klinton Ban, those lowers DID NOT qualify as Pre-Ban weapons.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

like people didn't 'skirt' that
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I am not going to be buying anymore guns for a while. Now is the time for magazines, ammo and practice!

"I beleive there's a storm a brewin', nine crows at nine o'clock neigh" - Clutch

Amen Brother!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#27]
All you would have to do is to buy a bunch of lowers and have one upper, and one trigger group, buttstock, pistol grip. Then place trigger into lower, temporarlily place butstock and grip, and the upper - snap photo, repeat until you have done all lowers.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

like people didn't 'skirt' that

True, but I'm talking about what's legal.......

Just like there was nothing to stop you from producing your own lower from an 80% and claiming you made it years earlier
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:00:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Why worry about it... If worse comes to worse. A bolt action will get you a semi.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Basically, renewing the AWB through an EO simply can’t be done!  You guys need to give that a rest.

However, if Kerry wins the presidency, he’ll have the “bully pulpit” to fight for a new (and almost certainly far more restrictive) AWB.  It’s very possible that he could either steam roll Congress into passing one or use the issue to obtain a Democratic controlled Congress in 2006.

Right now I’m waiting for prices to go down a bit.

However, if Kerry wins, early the next day I’ll be on the phone ordering everything I can afford.

I’m making a list right now!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Again, couldn't he fairly easily stop importation of AK or other part kits from Europe via EO, though?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Again, couldn't he fairly easily stop importation of AK or other part kits from Europe via EO, though?

No,

No specific authority to do it.

If you want proof its right here ...
See thats nothing. I can only prove something exists, not that it does not. So until there is something that shows you that the authority exists, then it doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#34]
you can prove something don't exist. Not all things, but some things.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Why are you worried?  sKerry is an avid sportsman and gun owner.  He wants to defend our second amendment rights!!  Just ask him......
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No,

No specific authority to do it.

If you want proof its right here ...

See thats nothing. I can only prove something exists, not that it does not. So until there is something that shows you that the authority exists, then it doesn't.

Didn't Clinton ban Norinco/Chineese rifles and ammo from import by EO or am I mistaken?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Doesn't matter who wins...the GOP has a hammerlock on the House...no anti-gun bills will ever pass as long as the GOP has that majority...

Ironically, the GOP gained control of Congress because of "revenge" for the AWB...

+1

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Those PUSSIES???
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

it definately matters who wins.  there WILL BE anti-gun leglislation passed within the next year if comrade kerry is elected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top