Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2012 5:50:43 AM EDT
My friend opened his own gun store in another state.  Can I drive there and buy a long gun from him and drive it back?
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 5:53:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 5:54:32 AM EDT
IIRC, no. Must be a resident of he state or have it shipped to an FFL in your state and and then Transferred to you.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 5:59:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 5:59:42 AM EDT
Long guns can be purchased by and transferred to an out-of-state resident from an FFL so long as neither state prohibits it.  Some states have that silly "adjoining state" rule, others don't.  Check your local laws.

Handguns can be purchased from an out of state FFL but must be transferred to the purchaser by a home state FFL (i.e. have to ship it to an in-state FFL for the 4473).

All private party sales between holders must be shipped to an FFL in the purchaser's home state for transfer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top