Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:27:50 PM EDT
Hi pals.
Question, If an item being sold in the equippment exchange is bought by someone who is available for a FTF transfer, is the seller expected to drop just a small amount off the final purchase price as well as completely omitting any shipping charges as an appreciation for a quick hassel free trade? i see people doing that, or offering to do that a lot. if so then would the same apply to any FTF transactions with small businesses on the equippment exchange as well? I understand they have strict requirements to meet, but i'm sure they arent being forced to sell anything at a set price. (or are they?)

I'm not asking because i expect anyone to drop their price for me for any reason, i'd just like to know how the EE works since i've been using it more and more latley.

*by businesses i mean small one-owner type deals with no retail shop, who mostly depend on internet sales.

thanks!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:36:59 PM EDT
Everything is negotiable. All they can say is take it or leave it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:10:10 AM EDT
IMHO,

If someone is selling xxx for $$ + s/h.... and you say "I live near you can I pick it up or do a meet for FTF sale?" and they say yes, you should expect to pay $$ with no s/h. that should be common sense. Now, if someone is offering xxx for $$$ with FREE SHIPPING. You should feel no shame is asking "I live near you can I pick it up or do a meet for FTF sale for $$ since you don't have to ship it?" Worst thing that happens is they say "no".

As long as you are not asking for like half off a several hundred dollar item, the seller should not have any reason to get upset over your offer.

No Expert
Top Top