Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 5:25:54 AM EDT
I remember reading on this site at one time or another that there is a process you can go through to buy ammo in bulk (read: a pallet) from walmart.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:31:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Id assume talking to the manager and having him special order one just for you would work?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
That would be interesting to see a manager who really cared enough about his CS to pull this off. If it happens for you I would be all over the Manager at my local Wal Mart.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:42:53 AM EDT
[#3]
It's hard enough finding some SOB with the damn key to slide open the cabinet much less a manager or someone with an IQ over that of a cantaloupe.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It's hard enough finding some SOB with the damn key to slide open the cabinet much less a manager or someone with an IQ over that of a cantaloupe.

Damn that's cold .

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn that's cold .

But true...I have the same problem here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn that's cold .

maybe cold ....but fuckin sure is true !
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:09:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Are Wally worlds prices good?  I haven't been shopping much but I took a look at wally the other day and  Of course I was looking at 7MM Rem Mag.  Don't need any more pallets of .223.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:09:29 AM EDT
[#8]
the walmarts down here suck ass.    i have to buy all my gun related items from academy
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:12:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My WM ammo counter used to be well staffed, but after the remodeling this is true.  The counter guys are still cool, but the store is understaffing all areas and the counter dude is being sent off to auto, running the paint mixer, moving pallets or something.  Worse, somebody busted one of the display doors, so the ammo is in the back until it gets replaced and they're having trouble keeping track of what's in stock.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:17:57 AM EDT
[#10]
It was not ammo but I worked with a manager and did a bulk order at a Walmart.

Everything went fine with the ordering part.

Delivery was not so good.  After placing the order (and NOT paying any money up front ) that was the last anyone ever heard of the order.

Never did get delivery of even 1 item.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:33:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:35:24 AM EDT
[#12]
From what I have heard the manager can put in the order for any amount they like. But there is no guarantee that they will receive the order. Supply chain decides who gets what and how much to a major extent.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Did it  years ago before all the ammo stores on the internet..  Ordered 20K of .22 Eley match.  Went thru the service desk and had the ammo in about 10 days.  No problems.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:43:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn that's cold .

maybe cold ....but fuckin sure is true !

This is so wrong, to cantalopes.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I nearly had a deal set up for this from WM, then I found a cheaper deal.

I doubt it will happen now, the ordering is done/shipped automated, the mangers don't call and ask for amounts, the computer knows it already.

The store managers don't have that much control over what they get, even now some of the shelves are clean and the distro center has to part shipments out

another thing is you won't get a break on price just because you bought a pallet, the mangers cannot change the price.

good luck post pics
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#16]
sounds like youd be better off ordering from aim, century arms (for imported ammo) or some other retailer and pay freight.  i remember century delivered pallets of 5.45x39 in crates (im sure they still do)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:01:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I've ordered bulk ammo (more than 1 case) from Walmart in the past (well in the past so this may no longer be true) with no issue. At the time they were the cheapest. I spoke to the manager in charge of sporting gogods, took about a week or two and they called me when it was in. I don't recall having to pre-pay.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I can't imagine why any manager would tell you NO for wanting to buy that much of one product in his store.  I DO however see paying first as being important.  What's he going to do with that much ammo in his stock room if you decide you can't afford it when it shows up?  Plus if you pay up front you're a customer who paid for something and he's most likely NOT going to want to return it.  Might even setup a delivery date.

I'd just find the regular guy you buy ammo from in the store and talk to him first. Let him bring a department head or manager over and set it up right there.  Pick an odd time though....not 5pm on Friday or noon on sunday.  Something like 3pm on a Tuesday.

FWIW...out here in NV they had a restriction on how many boxes you could buy for a while.  Not sure how many people enforce it and again....it's a lot of money for ONE person to spend at WalFart.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Id assume talking to the manager and having him special order one just for you would work?

One would think. If you are looking for that kind of order, I'd suggest calling AIM or the like. I'd think you'd get a better deal then from wally world.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#20]
WalMarts are all different, but there is usually one in your area with the most guns/ammo than the rest.

Each department is like its own mom and pop store.

At the last two places I have lived (both big city WM and small town WM), I went in enough to know who worked sporting goods, who ran it, when they marked stuff down, etc etc etc.

It is all about relationships.  Treat the folks that work there like....... people and you will be amazed at what they will do for you. And you will make a new friend or two in the process.

I have had my local WM guys do the following for me:

Call me on my cell about ammo they were marking down for clearance and asked me if i wanted them to hold some back for me.
6 box limit on ammo? Not for me.
Called area manager at home to see if something could be marked down more for me. (muzzleloader display model)
Invited to quail hunt (I fo'ed and it was fun!)

Treating people like you want to  be treated is not only the right thing to do even if you never 'get' anything out of the deal, but also you often do reap tangible rewards.  

People are people whether they work for GI Joe's Tactical Heaven or WalMart.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#21]
doubletap
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Also, if you don't know who's your local store manager and not really on buddy terms with whoever is working the ammo counter, ask for the "Store Director"... that's what they call the store managers nowadays and it will get their attention since they have NO idea who you are and why you are asking that.

I say this because if you don't, you'll likely get a co-manager would can't do it or even worse, an assistant manager who is totally useless when it comes to ordering.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I nearly had a deal set up for this from WM, then I found a cheaper deal.

I doubt it will happen now, the ordering is done/shipped automated, the mangers don't call and ask for amounts, the computer knows it already.

The store managers don't have that much control over what they get, even now some of the shelves are clean and the distro center has to part shipments out

another thing is you won't get a break on price just because you bought a pallet, the mangers cannot change the price.

good luck post pics

They can order any amount they want of an Item. Some items automatically replenish but not all of them.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

And that cantaloupe needs to be pro-gun

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Are Wally worlds prices good?  I haven't been shopping much but I took a look at wally the other day and  Of course I was looking at 7MM Rem Mag.  Don't need any more pallets of .223.

The 9mm and .40 is cheaper than anything I can find on the net.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I was more interested in looking for a pallet of 12ga.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Have you tried site to store?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#28]
The site to store thing might work.
Otherwise I wouldn't expect to get too far simply because it's in no one's interest in that store to do that, they get shit in, they slap it out on the selves, they ring it up as you exit. And they get the same wage weather you buy ammo by the pallet or a couple boxes at a time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top