Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 11:11:56 AM EDT
I have a couple questions on buying a gun in Florida. I'm military and I just moved here 3 months ago. I don't have a FL identification card of any type.

At my last duty station, in Texas, I could use my New Mexico Driver Licence, and show the gun shop a copy of my military orders and that worked just fine. Will that same thing work here in FL or do I have to get some sort of local identification card?

Thanks for any help you can give..
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Good question, i'm not sure of the answer though, sorry. I would think that what you have is good enough. Hopefully someone else here can answer your question. If not you can always try calling your local gun store and asking them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a couple questions on buying a gun in Florida. I'm military and I just moved here 3 months ago. I don't have a FL identification card of any type.

At my last duty station, in Texas, I could use my New Mexico Driver Licence, and show the gun shop a copy of my military orders and that worked just fine. Will that same thing work here in FL or do I have to get some sort of local identification card?

Thanks for any help you can give..

You're fine, military is exempt from the state resident rule.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info,  looks like I'll be purchasing my first 1911 shortly!

Any recommendations?  I like the looks of the Springfield 1911s.  Any others I should consider first?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info,  looks like I'll be purchasing my first 1911 shortly!

Any recommendations?  I like the looks of the Springfield 1911s.  Any others I should consider first?

If your in NW FL... I can point you toward a good shop, IM me if you are.

Springfield 1911s are fine for the money... Model model/$$$ are you looking to spend ? Kimber is really what you want ot look at if you're not using the pistol as a base gun.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Well seeing how it will be my first 1911 I'd like to spend no more than $600 max and later when I become more proficient with it, do some upgrades.  

I like the looks of the Springfield Mil Spec in black.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top