Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 4:41:28 PM EDT
If I were going to make an offer to purchase and existing business that held a pawn FFL, would the check be "walked through" or would it take the same amount of time as a non-existant FFL?

Also, is there a provision to assume the FFL?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no provision for a buyer of an existing business to acquire an FFL, you would have to start from scratch. Also sit back for a long wait, I know another dealer who opened a second location and it took 5 months for the ATF to license said location even though this guy has been in business since God was a child.

Jake
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:44:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If I were going to make an offer to purchase and existing business that held a pawn FFL, would the check be "walked through" or would it take the same amount of time as a non-existant FFL?

Also, is there a provision to assume the FFL?
View Quote

You need to read the regs.  Pawns seem to have some unique regs about how they do business.  The Q&A is the best part, as it answers your questions.

[url]www.atf.treas.gov[/url]

mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top