Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 7:50:12 PM EDT
Today I found a guy selling a (supposedly) barely-ever-fired, pristine Russian SKS w/bayonet/sling/everything and 400 rounds of ammo for $200. I am already super-duper low on cash as it is, so it's a hard decision.

Worth it, or let it pass?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You only live once......

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy, buy, buy.......OH yea BUY IT NOW and sell it to me for $201
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy it!

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy it!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#5]
ARDOC's "Frankenstein's monster"

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Today I found a guy selling a (supposedly) barely-ever-fired, pristine Russian SKS w/bayonet/sling/everything and 400 rounds of ammo for $200. I am already super-duper low on cash as it is, so it's a hard decision.

Worth it, or let it pass?

I know the WTS board --- If I hadnt had dumped 2500 bux worth of  money in the last 3 days Id be on it!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a crappy deal.  Especially since you are low on cash.

Hook me up with this guy and I'll set him straight.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
ARDOC's "Frankenstein's monster"

Thought you might appreciate that

(of course if you don't just LMK and it will be removed)

-------------

OK, I'll try calling the guy tomorrow.

If I end up buying it, there is a fair chance that I may have to sell it (gun only) in the relatively-near future (no more than, say, three months). If someone here IMs me a reasonable (i.e., virtually no profit) offer I will keep it in mind *if* I end up having to sell it in coming weeks/months due to other finances gettin' tight. No guarentees, of course, but you never know (just paid for tuition today...ouch ).
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#9]
That is a good deal, I bought a Ruskie SKS 15 years ago for $150 NIB at Turners Outdoors, including taxes and DROS, the price came to $175.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Apparently this guy also has two GI M14 mags for $10 each. Not bad, not bad at all.

Also selling "large amounts" of Israeli surplus .308 for $3 per 20 rnds. I've never heard of Israeli .308 and searches are turning up nothing. Is this stuff any good?

Thanks alot everybody.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Called him yesterday. It was a monthly newsletter for our gun club/range that has (un)classifieds in it. Most of the ads have just been in there for like half a year and nobody looks at them. His ad had been in there a whopping one day and it was already sold.

He also wants me to drive an hour to his house to pick up his mags. I guess it's worth it, $20 for two GI M14 mags is a great price.

BTW, is Israeli .308 surplus ammo worth buying?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top