Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2001 3:59:31 PM EDT
Now that S&W has been sold, at a huge loss to the sell out parent company, should we all buy a new S&W pistol? This will help keep one of the oldest gun companies in the U.S. alive and be a lesson to those who thought they could sell out our rights with thier "deal". I would like to see the new owners make a ton of money on a company they picked up cheap. I think everyone would understand a multi million dollar loss and fire sale would be the response to any one else considering a deal with the devil.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait and see.  The American company that bought them seems to be an anti company.  Don't know for sure yet.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
hey motoguzzi, i was thinkng the same thing, i think as part of the deal, the company that bought S&W is assuming responsibility for all the litigation and costs - so they could use the $$$. and its good to have S&W under US management again.

but LARRY G has a good point, we should wait a while, the company does make trigger locks, which until recently i have never seen as a conflict of interests.  just .02
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I stopped buying S&W when they signed the agreement and I will not buy another until this thing is resolved to our satisfaction.

But I do love the large framed, blued S&Ws.

Question: does anybody know, I thought I saw that S&W recently changed the internal lockwork on their revolvers? Hmmmm, maybe if that happened, I don't them anyway.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#5]
motoguzzi has a good point, (and a great motorcycle I assume by the name) but as for me, I will wait a while also.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#7]
If the 'new' S&W does not rip up the old deal they can pretty much just pack up and go home. I have quite a few fellow gun-nut friends and NOT ONE will ever buy a Smith again.
Sad, very, very sad.

Allen
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe the company that now owns S&W is a trigger lock manufacturer that has been lobbying for mandatory trigger locks on all guns.  That says plenty to me.  I won't buy a S&W until whoever owns them at the time refuses to honor the sellout.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I love the big 44's, but unless they dump the deal, and shitcan the add on items to meet with political correctness, they will get no more of my money.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#10]
By the time I save the $$$ for the Model 649 .357/BODYGUARD, we'll know.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Question: does anybody know, I thought I saw that S&W recently changed the internal lockwork on their revolvers? Hmmmm, maybe if that happened, I don't them anyway.
View Quote

They went to a frame mounted firing pin instead of the hammer mounted one. It's actually an improvement IMO.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#12]
The "new" S&W looks like the old S&W with a different management team in place.  Do not waste your money!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#13]
It took some work, but I am S&W free.  Got rid of them all.  I will never buy another without a full reversal of the agreement.  I also want nothing to do with B.S. "safety" hardware.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top