Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/27/2005 5:56:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2005 5:57:06 PM EDT by Spaatz]
According to this message board, the media, the Democratic party, and John Kerry, France and Germany don’t support our policy in Iraq. Chirac and other French & German officials made more than a few public statements against our actions. However, behind the scenes France & Germany might not have helped, but they didn’t go out of their way to hinder us. French & German air bases and airspace have been wide open to us for OEF and OIF. If they really didn’t support us their airspace would have been closed tight. Don’t get me wrong; the French are still a bunch of cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys, and neither country is providing troops for Iraq (like they do for Afghanistan) but this is a step in the right direction.

New York Times

September 22, 2005

NATO Reports All 26 Nations Are Aiding Iraq With Training

By Warren Hoge

UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 21 – European countries have overcome their differences with the United States over Iraq, and all 26 members of NATO now provide training and equipment to Baghdad, the secretary general of the group said this week.

The official, Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, a former Dutch foreign minister who backed the war while many Europeans opposed it, said in an interview on Tuesday that he would soon raise the flag over a huge "state of the art" complex in Baghdad where NATO is training 1,000 military officers.

He said that NATO had also arranged for Iraqi troops to be trained in Germany, Italy and Norway, and that shipments of equipment were being airlifted from Eastern European countries that use Russian-built equipment compatible with the Iraqis' Soviet-era matériel.

Mr. de Hoop Scheffer said that he was concerned that most European countries still invested too little in military preparedness, and that he was trying to persuade allies of the importance to European security of actions taken far afield . . .. <snip>

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:37:05 PM EDT
How are they NOT going to overcome their objection to something that HAPPENED years ago?

IMO they are the reason that saddam was able to evacuate his wmd because they gave him
daily reports of OUR war preparations that they obtained through their un briefings........ymmv

It is customary to provide a link............bump, heh
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:39:14 PM EDT
They do have troops in Afghan.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:34:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WildBoar:
They do have troops in Afghan.

Never said they didn't. The German BX at Kabul International (KIA) is full of yummy German beer that we can't buy. It's a cruel tease to walk through there. Stupid GO#1.

I guess I’m trying to attack the myth that “France & Germany don’t support us”. Their support might not be exactly what we would like, but we are still on the same side.

I got the article off the Early Bird, no link there just a copy of the story. I'll see if I can find it . . ..

Here ya go (might not work well):
www.nytimes.com/2005/09/22/international/middleeast/22nations.html
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:43:13 AM EDT
The French and Germans pulled out their calculators and realized they were on the losing end of the contracts. So they have to ante up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:46:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KlubMarcus:
The French and Germans pulled out their calculators and realized they were on the losing end of the contracts. So they have to ante up.

Exactly, they see a chance to make money. Like Kerry, the French will Flip-Flop any time there is a chance they can sell arms.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:09:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:13:46 AM EDT
the frogs are VITALLY important in the gwot, their intel work is some of the best around.

it's just fun to beat up on them "cheese-eatin' surrender monkies"...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:15:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eodtech2000:

Exactly, they see a chance to make money. Like Kerry, the French will Flip-Flop any time there is a chance they can sell arms.

I still believe that the MAIN reason That BOTH Germany and France were "against us" w/Iraq is that they were MAKING so much $$$ w/Sadistic Sadam they didn't want to "give that $$ up".... which is why I STILL avoid purchasing German and France based products.... AFAIK, I only buy one - from France - AllegraD is made by a french company... and the NEXT BEST product I've found is Zyrtec, but during BAD allergy season it's just not as effective for me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:19:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eodtech2000:

Lord knows they won't use them....
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:26:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:
the frogs are VITALLY important in the gwot, their intel work is some of the best around.

it's just fun to beat up on them "cheese-eatin' surrender monkies"...

Very true
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:28:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dusty_C: Lord knows they won't use them....
Oh, c'mon now. The Frogs use their military when putting down cocoa rebellions and striking shipworkers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:37:00 AM EDT
France & Germany are waking up to the fact that they are being overrun by immigrants (many from a certain religion which must not be named) and are starting to get a clue as to what their future looks like and it ain't pretty.

Fuck em.

I won't buy their products, their countries are off the vacation list forever and they can rot in hell with their new "citizens".

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:41:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Merrell: France & Germany are waking up to the fact that they are being overrun by immigrants (many from a certain religion which must not be named) and are starting to get a clue as to what their future looks like and it ain't pretty. Fuck em. I won't buy their products, their countries are off the vacation list forever and they can rot in hell with their new "citizens".
One day the USA will conquer Eurabia after the Europeans die out. We will call the additional territory "New America".
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:44:52 AM EDT

<snip> the French are still a bunch of cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys, <snip>

Too funny but SO true
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:53:16 AM EDT
Standing by former long time obligations isn't active support. What little "support" they are giving is out of a desire to sell anything.
Top Top