Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2001 2:48:57 AM EDT
I'd like to put a Bullpup type stock on my 10/22. Has anyone used either Bushmaster or Muzzlelite version? How was the fit, quality etc. and did it affect the accuracy, good or bad? Thanks for the input, they are kind of expensive to just purchase blind.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 3:00:02 AM EDT
[#1]
They are both the same, and they are both garbage.

Don't waste your money.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 3:38:26 AM EDT
[#2]
What hielo said......
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 5:36:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at the Dragunov stock from Choate,
http://www.riflestock.com/
I just ordered my second one.
They are as tough as can be and excellent to
hold on to. If you order one remember to also order a cheekpiece.
hound out
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 5:59:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I won't fall into that trap. One of the reasons I wanted it was because it was a tactical type stock with a reduced length of pull. The LOP is kind of important. I will definitely check into the Dragunov, glad you're liking them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#5]
lop?
Are you looking for something small or large?
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#6]
What makes either bullpup garbage? I know nothing about the muzzelite and they both probably have heavy triggers but I read that the bushy is reliable and accuracy is pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Hound, I'm looking for a reduced length of pull, 12.5 to 13 inches. I have short arms, hell, I'm short all over. The Dragunov seems to have a lop of 13 inches if you take out the spacers. I'm checking on this. That would make it a good choice.

He-man, we are only referring to the Bullpup stock that is made for a 10/22, not the Bullpup itself. I have no knowledge of the Bullpup, but I have gotten negative feedback from this and other forums about the replacement stock for the 10/22.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#8]
HELPFUL HOUND BACK AT YOU.....there is also the fiberforce stock which will not work with a bull barrel but it is much smaller....
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com--look under
ruger 10/22 products.....I have one of those also, it is small!! I WILL SELL IT.....
e-mail---scottdotjdotbrown at nokia.com
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 5:36:48 AM EDT
[#9]
btt
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 5:51:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks hound, I'll think about it. I usually like to do a lot of research before I buy anything. I'll check it out, but if you have a chance to sell it go ahead. I am really looking at the Choate because I have heard such good reports about it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#11]
As a 10/22 is one of my 2 guns (the other being a .38), I have tried many gadgets for the .22.

The biggest problem with the Muzzlelite is that you can't use high cap mags, 25 round butler creeks for example, with this stock as the pistol grip position and curvature of the mag prevents it. The only high caps I know that will work are those straight 50 round mags.

Link Posted: 3/15/2001 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#12]
no problem kolchak---it is just sitting in the closet...My advice...buy the choate you will love it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top