Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 11:53:55 AM EDT
I just got off the phone with Bushmaster and they told me they got an updated list of parts that are not shipable to overseas addresses without export paperwork. They could not provide a list of what parts have been added to the list of controlled parts and have to review each order as it comes in.

Has anyone heard of this new list of controlled parts? I know the Firearms Export Control Act mentions barrels, frames, receivers, complete breach assy, flash hiders but nothing else.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
When I was in Iraq I ordered a scope off the internet from Bushmaster. After a month I called them too ask about the order. They told me I should have called from the begginning because it had to be exported. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I've run into lots of problems with that, TC. A lot of vendors are even reluctant to ship things and they are unaware of laws against it, they just don't want to run afoul of Johnny Law.
I have to fax docs all the time to show i have valid end users......

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
i ship wild turkey to iraq about twice a month......................think that little PO questionairre has stopped me?

if our troops need or want it, it is my GREAT PLEASURE to get it to them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top