Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/24/2002 10:52:13 PM EDT
During a briefing a few days ago I heard one of the enforcers (not Big Chief Moosehead) speak about the "rising cost" of the investigation. Red flags went up for me on that one. Anybody want to place bets on a lawsuit against Bushmaster to cover the money spent to catch Mohammed?
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:18:16 PM EDT
I hate to say BUT I am going to agree with you on this one... EVEN THOUGH it will be thrown out, its gonna cost Bushmaster bucks and expect a rise in cost of merchandise from them. Like Bushmaster had any clue this was going to happen. Where was the intent?? OK then if they succeed, can we sue Chevy for hit and runs? Put on your rain coat, a HUGE mound of shit is going to hit the fan... big fan... big... HUGE!
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:25:42 PM EDT
The lawyers are already smelling blood.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 12:41:24 AM EDT
I think that Bushmaster should sue Muhammed for defamation.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:00:54 AM EDT
Yeah, it may be possible. I know that comrade daley here in chicago has been trying to pass laws making it legal to take gun makers to court for their products. so, far it has been thrown out by most judges. hopefully, if it does go to court, it will get thrown out.
Originally Posted By Kaiser_Soze: During a briefing a few days ago I heard one of the enforcers (not Big Chief Moosehead) speak about the "rising cost" of the investigation. Red flags went up for me on that one. Anybody want to place bets on a lawsuit against Bushmaster to cover the money spent to catch Mohammed?
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:04:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:07:58 AM EDT
What doesn't make the paper is the fact that these guys (Bushmaster, Colt) get sued at least 4-5 times a year over the same kinda thing In Feb. 97 when the North Hollywood shoot-out took place and one of the "ILLEGALLY MODIFIED" AR's turned out to be a Bushmaster, the victims were apparently trying to sue then, due to all the other rifles being manufactured overseas. If Bushmaster gets sued then it is our duty to buy more from them, to help them fight... JerrY A Proud Bushmaster XM-15 owner Since 96'
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:09:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack: I think that Bushmaster should sue Muhammed for defamation.
View Quote
Definately
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:45:29 AM EDT
[b]SUPPORT BUSHMASTER NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!!![/b] [url]http://www.bushmaster.com[/url] That being said, the picture I saw last night was [b]NOT[/b] a Bushmaster, or any other AR-15 type firearm. [b]IT WAS A FUCKING KOREAN CRAP PIECE OF SHIT DAEWOO!!!!![/b] Scott
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:59:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/25/2002 6:00:31 AM EDT by USNJoe]
Following that logic then Chevy will have to be sued as will the compnay that made the tools that were used to drill the hole in the back of that Chevy. Wanna bet that the FBI (background check) and the INS (releasing the illegal) don't get sued?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:12:20 AM EDT
HA! Sue NOI for making him an angry, religious terrorist. We'd see pigs fly and me eating them before that ever happened.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:24:03 AM EDT
I think his momma should be sued for having the little prick.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:25:37 AM EDT
The legal sharks will be schooling Then again they will have to sue the U.S. Army for training him And The Nation of Islam for indoctrinating him And the mosques and Islamic training centers he studied in.. they should also sue the public schools for having taken the ten commandments out of the school and denied him prayer and fellowship with the real God They will never hold the individual accountable for his killings ...its gotta be the shoes..
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:50:07 AM EDT
Call me an optimist but I don't think that will happen, all the city and state gun maker law suits were thrown out, I would like to think that we are beyond that by now. If anyone get sued I'd think it would be the distributer or shop that sold that specific rifle. Also even though the reports have not been kind to the black rifle in the main stream media they haven't been as bad as I had hoped, with alot more air time about legitimate uses of the AR then I would have excepcted. I think the ground swell response to the sniper, was let's get something to defend ourselves with then let's ban those evil guns. I mean just look at the massive rise in CCW permit applications in that two week period! I still think the AWB will go down in flames in 04' and that we are heading in the right direction for the first time since the NFA was passed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:05:59 AM EDT
Why don't they start by suing the people who TRAINED HIM (The Army), which ended up being the reason he chose a similar weapon...
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:24:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:34:59 AM EDT
Can you say "Motion for Summary Judgment Granted?" Good, I thought you could. Won't make it past SJ. Just about all of the suits against manufacurers have been dismissed and the few that remain are in serious trouble. Will cost BM a little but the way things are going on that front, those types of suits are more and more looking like frivolous suits.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 9:30:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DScottHewitt: [b]SUPPORT BUSHMASTER NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!!![/b] [url]http://www.bushmaster.com[/url] -I just placed my order for a shirt and some stickers!the Bushmaster web sight is jammed with traffic!! [<]:)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 9:37:26 AM EDT
They ought to sue the US Army for defective training and over-production.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 9:50:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DScottHewitt: That being said, the picture I saw last night was [b]NOT[/b] a Bushmaster, or any other AR-15 type firearm. [b]IT WAS A FUCKING KOREAN CRAP PIECE OF SHIT DAEWOO!!!!![/b] Scott
View Quote
Details? Was it brought out and paraded around as "the" weapon? I haven't seen it shown yet only refered to as a Bushmaster XM-15.
Top Top