Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2001 1:54:17 AM EDT
I just finished reading "Excutive Orders" by Tom Clancy, if the battle near the end of the book he talked about the Bradley fighting vehicles having Bushmaster cannons. Are these cannons made by the same company that makes my favorite rifle? (Bushmaster Ar-15). Also does anybody have a picture of this cannon and some tech info.

Six
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:59:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:23:39 AM EDT
[#2]
So, will it fit on my lower or not?
[heavy]

[img]www.boeing.com/defense-space/missiles/ordnance/images/bushiii.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 3:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Just the nickname of the weapon system - not made by BM or AR fame.

Tate
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 4:12:56 AM EDT
[#4]
It is called "M242 Bushmaster Automatic Cannon" it is 25mm and can fire at three rates. Single, 100rds per min and 200 rds per min. It can use three types of ammo. TPT-training practice tracer, HE-high explosive, APDS-armor piercing discarding sabot. max range is out to 3000 meters. (if i remember right). It is also called a "chain gun" as the bolt rides along a chain path that allows the high rate of fire. At the time i used this weapon, it was made by Hughes Helicopter. I loved shooting it. The barral weighes in at 90lbs the upper reciver is 90lbs and the lower was over a 100 lbs. This gun is alos used on the USMC LAV-25.  Great stuff, great weapon system.

Bradley Gunners do it with Chains~

CB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top