Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2001 7:41:48 PM EDT
are happening inside the US with the American people.  The military spin room has been running full steam all day getting the people in the US to back the war even more.  

Today I was thinking "what can be done to make sure support for the war continues", when it hit me, remind America of the USS Cole attack, the US Embassy attack, the US barracks attack, the 1993 WTC bombing.  Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I got home every news station was covering all the previous terrorists attacks.

Also reported on the news was that Pakastan and Iran have closed their borders to Afganistan and will provide the US will intelligence information.

George W. Bush is doing an excellent job handling this situation.  From what I hear his advisors are making sure that the job is "finished" this time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
They should drop at least 1 nuke just to let the world know were not fu@kin around! We wont stand for this kind of bullshit!
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Nukes are out of the question.  If we drop one nuke, the rest of the world is going to drop there nukes, on us.  Besides, do you have any idea how many innocent people that would kill?  This is a war against terrorism, not arab counties.  Now I agree that it will be war against those countries that help these terrorists, but it hasn't come to that...yet.  Seriously though, if was of age I would have already been to the recruiting office.  I can think of no better way to die than fighting for my country and everything it stands for.  Especially after killing as many of those bastards as I can.  Have no doubts, they will pay.  We will make them pay.

[pissed]

Snake out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Snake, never say never. they had them in the gulf. if a lot of our boys started commin back in body bags????
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I noticed the same thimg...propoganda all day long.  Bush is doing a great job with all of this, he is preparing us for a long war not a quick fix.  All I can say is it's about time.

I have only local TV, no cable.  And ever since about 5:00pm we have had absolutely no news--a total network blackout.  Anyway one else have this going on??

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Couple things to point out:

Can you count now how many times you've seen the plane go into the building?  100? 200?  They kept playing it over and over and over driving it into our brains.  It's like advertising... the more you see something the more it sticks.

"Bush with tears in his eyes" on the phone with NY.  Portraying America as an innocent victim.. a gentle giant if you will, only trying to make the world a better place.

SO MUCH CHRISTIAN SUPPORT.  All the Arabs see on their coverage is people talking about "god", the church vigils, the National Cathedral...  We're rubbing it into their face the fact that America was founded on Judeo-Christianity, and that we (and our faith) will overcome them.

BEWARE OF PROPAGANDA... notice the subtle nuances in the news coverage.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]
It still makes me angry that GW is doing a great job. But besides FOX, all the other news networks are still trying to get their jabs in. It amazes me that the liberals need to find something negative about him. It must really upset them a lot that there is some good press at all.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#8]
As a matter of fact NO!!  I did not see enough innocent killing this week!!  There should be more---on their side!!  Because if there isn't, then more of our citizens will die.  My GOD what is wrong with you people!  I swear it sounds like if your wife was being attacked you would feel sorry for the attacker.  I am sick of it.  We do not live in a friendly world and things aren't always fair!  Sometimes it comes down between us or them!  

Alot of people on AR15.com are really starting to make me sick with all their touchy-feely lets love one another crap!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#10]
The "innocent" that might die are tomorrow's terrorist.  

Are we gonna destroy them all with whatever means necessary or do you want to wait until they get a nuke over here?  It will be 5,000,000 dead not 5,000.

Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#12]
This is my commandment that I give to you...That you love one another
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#13]
An eye for an Eye....

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The "innocent" that might die are tomorrow's terrorist.  

Are we gonna destroy them all with whatever means necessary or do you want to wait until they get a nuke over here?  It will be 5,000,000 dead not 5,000.

View Quote

EXACTLY!!  I am glad someone understands this.

Waldo, my heart is not hard, it has just seen enough of this world to know what Evil really is.  And by seeing this Evil I have learned how to properly eradicate it.  It is like a poison ivy, you must get the roots and vines or it will grow back.

The difference between me and them is that after I get revenge I don't start up the war again.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nukes are out of the question.  If we drop one nuke, the rest of the world is going to drop there nukes, on us.
View Quote

Umm...who?  Russia won't do it...they hate the Afghans.  Pakistan might try it, but they don't have delivery vehicles to reach the US...and if they use them on US forces in the region, we will respond with nukes of our own, which they won't enjoy at all.
China won't care.  India would support it (they hate the Taliban).
So who exactly would nuke us?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
BEWARE OF PROPAGANDA... notice the subtle nuances in the news coverage.
View Quote

There is nothing inherently wrong in propoganda.  It is a useful tool for preparing a populace for war, and the morality of the propogandizing is contingent on the morality of the war.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is my commandment that I give to you...That you love one another
View Quote

Numbers 31
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people.
And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Midianites, and avenge the LORD of Midian.
Of every tribe a thousand, throughout all the tribes of Israel, shall ye send to the war.
So there were delivered out of the thousands of Israel, a thousand of every tribe, twelve thousand armed for war.
And Moses sent them to the war, a thousand of every tribe, them and Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, to the war, with the holy instruments, and the trumpets to blow in his hand.
And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.
And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword.
And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods.
And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire.
And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts.
And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.
And Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and all the princes of the congregation, went forth to meet them without the camp.
And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, which came from the battle.
And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?
Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.
Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
And do ye abide without the camp seven days: whosoever hath killed any person, and whosoever hath touched any slain, purify both yourselves and your captives on the third day, and on the seventh day.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm sorry Rikwriter, this does not apply for Christians. Are you a Christian?. Jesus has died on the cross and we no longer live under the Jewish Law of an eye for an eye. We live under grace and if struck on the cheek we are to turn to our abuser the other cheek.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We live under grace and if struck on the cheek we are to turn to our abuser the other cheek.
View Quote

Sorry chief, all out of World Trade Centers to blow up...  Get real

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:05:51 PM EDT
[#22]
id like to see a nuke rammed down the throats of some terrorists.
"oh pompey, how could you say that, youll kill innocent people and god this and god that..."
heres how i see it, you have a terrorist "fighting" for his/her home and trying to destroy the american devil in order to preserve his people and their way of life, but, oh no, if he does, there will be no family, no friends, nothing left, because the last time a barbarian did this to america, we nuked them.  maybe im just too pissed to be rational, but maybe being pissed is rational.  hmmm.  anyway;
sic transit gloria mundii
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#23]
N.B.

F garden weasel
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:42:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
An eye for an Eye....

And 10,000 eyes for 10,000 eyes
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:06:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If your God wants me to turn and wait for another smack, it makes me even that much more satisfied that agnosticism is the right choice for me.  Thankfully, your God did grant me the freewill to choose that....

Asbestos on....

WWoodworth
"Remembering the Innocent"
View Quote

I consider myself a very spiritual and christian person, and I see nothing wrong with your statement.  You will get no arguement from me.

Fact is this.  GOD does value human life, that's why he gives us the means neccessary to protect ours, even at the cost of anothers.

We always read on these Gun Boards to never take a knife to a gun fight.  That same rule applies between two waring countries...you take the biggest baddest weapons you have.  Other wise why bother going.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:52:17 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm really shocked at the mood on this board.  I read so many posts worrying about the "innocents" in Afghanistan .How many "innocent school children" were lost in Hiroshima and Nagasaki?  Was it a price worth paying for all of the US personnel that were ultimately saved?  We have never fought a war on our "home turf".  We, the U.S., do not seem to comprehend that when a war is waged in your home country, that "innocents" will die.  We've not been faced with that.  The body bags in the 2nd WW, Korea, and Vietnam were not filled with innocent US citizens; they were filled with Military personnel; young but not innocent. If our main concern centers around not harming innocents, than we MUST NOT go to war.  If we accept that innocents will surely die, as unfortunate as it may sound, than we can adequately confront the enemy on his home turf.  I don't want another Vietnam.  I lost a cousin in the WTC;  I view him as a casualty of WAR.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#27]
You're all nuts.  You don't even need nukes for these ass holes.  They aren't even as equipped as Sadam was.  We might as well us sling shots.  Now before I get everyone tellin me sling shots won't do shit, I know, it was an exageration, I'm just trying to make a point.  Besides, a nuke would be too quick.  I'm all for slow deaths to the bastards that did it.  As for the innocent, we shouldn't "hunt" them down too, but it is a fact of war that there will be innocent dead.  

Snake
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 2:28:11 AM EDT
[#28]
“We sincerely hope that the great American people could differentiate between the people of Afghanistan and a handful of fundamentalist terrorists,” said a statement from the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan.

-msnbc.com
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/629304.asp#BODY[/url]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:59:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nukes are out of the question.  If we drop one nuke, the rest of the world is going to drop there nukes, on us.  Besides, do you have any idea how many innocent people that would kill?  This is a war against terrorism, not arab counties.  Now I agree that it will be war against those countries that help these terrorists, but it hasn't come to that...yet.  Seriously though, if was of age I would have already been to the recruiting office.  I can think of no better way to die than fighting for my country and everything it stands for.  Especially after killing as many of those bastards as I can.  Have no doubts, they will pay.  We will make them pay.

[pissed]

Snake out.
View Quote

The other "side" has shown no reluctance in killing innocents.  Violent, immediate death is the only thing these "people" understand.  If you look at the scenes of dancing in the streets after WTC, you will understand there are no "innocents" in that area.

This is not the last incident we will experience.  When the terrorist acquires an Improvised Nuclear Device or Bioweapon like anthrax, and wipes out ALL of New York City or Washington next time, then you will understand better.  If we don't show the willingness to kill in numbers to take their breath, they will show us.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:02:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
“We sincerely hope that the great American people could differentiate between the people of Afghanistan and a handful of fundamentalist terrorists,” said a statement from the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan.

-msnbc.com
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/629304.asp#BODY[/url]
View Quote

Then the "people of Afghanistan" should gather up the "handful of fundamentalist terrorists" and deliver them to us for justice.  Otherwise you are harboring them and are a legimate target.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Invade them systematically.  Nuke them systematically.  NO MORE TOLERANCE.  NONE.  AT ALL.  No more tit for tat.  No more you bomb us we bomb you.  A thousand years from now people should hush when the story of United States retaliation on terrorism is told.  Anything less is a further provocation.  We will be better off in the end.  The pecking order needs to be reestablished.  Planerench out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top