Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2001 11:03:08 AM EDT
Just read where GWB wants to diSASSEMBLE 2/3 or more of our nukes. He wants to do this regardless of Putin's reciprosity. Our current inventory is about 6000 as is Russia's arsenal. Now let me see---Clinton sells and allows our secrets to supercharge the Chinese capabilities by leaps and bounds and Bush removes parity with the Russians where even their own reductions would be to eliminate the stationary, targetable warheads. Are we being set-up in this surge towards One-World Gov't? See Newsmax.com.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#1]
If all we're doing is getting rid of our outdated warheads, fine.
We don't need 'em.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure the remaining 1/3 can still blow up the entire planet, no sweat.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I am sure that we just keep making them better & better, so we probably don't need as many as we use to anyway...[devil]

Tyler
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#4]
We still have enough nukes to destroy the world.

If you think a nuclear exchange is survivable, you're nuts.

Av.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Isn't it about damn time that someone build one bomb big enough to blow up the whole planet?

Was Doctor Strangelove made for nothing?  Can't we jsut have one big bomb each?
View Quote

of course you'd have to have at least one back up bomb in case the 1st Aramgeddon bomb failed.
[}:D]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Isn't it about damn time that someone build one bomb big enough to blow up the whole planet?
View Quote

I think that would be a problem because the mutants might use it after the apes take over.

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#8]
If you think a nuclear exchange is survivable, you're nuts.
View Quote

Who's going to drop a nuke on South Africa?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that would be a problem because the mutants might use it after the apes take over.
View Quote

ALL YOUR APES BELONG TO US! [}:D]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#10]
2,000 Nukes are more than enough.

200 is probably enough. 2,000 are enought to nuke most of the 3rd world.

Then again Japan only took 2 nukes.

The thing is you do not need to Nuke an entire country until it glows, just stragegicly place your nukes where they will destroy the structure and military.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just read where GWB wants to diSASSEMBLE 2/3 or more of our nukes. He wants to do this regardless of Putin's reciprosity. Our current inventory is about 6000 as is Russia's arsenal. Now let me see---Clinton sells and allows our secrets to supercharge the Chinese capabilities by leaps and bounds and Bush removes parity with the Russians where even their own reductions would be to eliminate the stationary, targetable warheads. Are we being set-up in this surge towards One-World Gov't? See Newsmax.com.
View Quote

This was presented to Putin today by GWB as a "sweetener" to get him to agree to the balistic missle defense system.  Regardless, 2,000 warheads on each side is enough to pretty much end the human race as we know it.  I'd be worried more about what happens to the disassembled Russian warheads than I would be that we're getting rid of 2/3 of our own.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'd be worried more about what happens to the disassembled Russian warheads than I would be that we're getting rid of 2/3 of our own.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

Now there's a scary thought.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#13]
If we have an effective missile shield we only need a few dozen to have the rest of the world by the balls.  Heck, we can make more missiles and warheads if the shield is good enough--it would buy that much time.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#14]
We should not let 'em go to waste, as there are plentiful targets.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm all for having and potentially using nukes, but I do think the current stockpile needs to be diluted big time.  Our 1/3 can still serve as a deterrent.

http://www.vce.com/grable.html

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#16]
They should auction the nukes off to US citizens (that present national ID cards of course). [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top