Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2002 8:59:03 PM EDT

... and nobody told me about it!!

Didn't hear squat about it on the news until after he was gone.

[url=http://www.arizonarepublic.com/news/articles/0928bushvisit28.html]Bush's Arizona visit raises cash, protests[/url]
The Arizona Republic
Sept. 28, 2002 01:45 AM
President Bush helped raise nearly $700,000 for GOP gubernatorial candidate Matt Salmon on Friday, calling him a "breath of fresh air" before telling a crowd of Republicans in Phoenix that America will be relentless in its war against terrorism.

In Flagstaff, Bush also stumped for Rick Renzi, 1st Congressional District Republican candidate. At both stops in Arizona, he continued to beat the war drums against Saddam Hussein and Iraq. He said the United States won't "allow the world's worst leaders to threaten us with the world's worst weapons."
At the Phoenix Civic Plaza, Bush praised Salmon as a strong family man who keeps his promises.

"I know this is the only person I'm campaigning for who rides Harleys, speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese and fronts an Elvis cover band," Bush told an audience of 1,500 people who paid $700 a ticket.
Bush's campaign stops in Arizona are part of a nationwide fund-raising tour for Republican candidates. The timing of Bush's visit couldn't be better for Salmon or Renzi, who are both locked in close elections. Early ballots will start being mailed out Thursday.

The presidential stops in Arizona could help Salmon raise up to $1 million and pour another $1 million into the coffers of the Arizona Republican Party.

The amount raised won't be known until figures are tallied this weekend.

Salmon's Democratic opponent, Janet Napolitano, will also benefit from the Bush visit. As a publicly funded candidate, Napolitano will get a dollar-for-dollar match as soon as Salmon raises more than $615,000.
View Quote

I guess at $700/person I shouldn't have been expecting a personal invitation [BD]

Any AZ folks here go to the rally?

Any AZ folks here actually hear about Bush coming to AZ from the news media BEFORE he arrived?

Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:02:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, I love Flag!

Even better reason to go screw off for a weekend at Busters and kick around in some clean air.

Wish my friend from Flag called to tell me, I would have gone!

Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
... my friend JD invited me but I just got home from a long trip to the eastern seaboard and I chose to stay home.

... I would have LOVED to talk with [b]GWB[/b] even if it was for my allocated 52 seconds.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
... my friend JD invited me
View Quote

As in JD Hayworth?

Invite him to the AZ shoot! [8D]
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#4]
President GW Bush was also in Denver yesterday.  Didn't go down. . . didn't eat the food from the pricy plates.  

He raised $1,500,000 for the GOP during those 3 hours.  (Beauprez will get $600,000.)
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#5]
he was on fox news when he was in az
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... my friend JD invited me
View Quote

As in JD Hayworth?

Invite him to the AZ shoot! [8D]
View Quote

.... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEExcellent idea. However, [b]JD[/b]/s schedule is tight.

... But you know what? It CAN be done.

I'm serious, I'll try. I might need to call on some of you;    OK?

... [b]JD Hayworth[/b] is, and has has always been one of us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top