Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 12:46:55 PM EDT
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/14/bush.iraq/index.html

So President Bush has basically apologized for going to war with Iraq, which is very commendable of him. He has finally admitted that the intel was "wrong" and he can be held responsible.

Now... I hope that people will stop clamoring for the US to pull out of Iraq. When you spill milk on the kitchen floor, you don't run away from it hoping it will clean itself up. You get a mop, and you clean that shit up. Going to Iraq may or may not have been a fully justified, but now that we've traded in a brutal (but contained) tyrant for a power vacuum, we need to help stabilize the region.

running away is a stupid idea. Things have been exactly smooth, but they haven't been exactly terrible either... Though i'm not a GOP zealot or zombie, I do think all these calls for us to withdraw from Iraq right now are ridiculous and overly politically motivated. I think democrats should gracefully accept President Bush's semi-apology and support him in rebuilding Iraq.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Where do you get that he apologized? Are we reading the same article?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Though i'm not a GOP zealot or zombie, I do think all these calls for us to withdraw from Iraq right now are ridiculous and overly politically motivated. I think democrats should gracefully accept President Bush's semi-apology and support him in rebuilding Iraq.

ROTMFFLMMFAO!!!

And if wishes were horses...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
A fairly clumsy attempt to twist the president's words.  Not much imagination.

I only give it out of five.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#4]
How the heck am I supposed to masturbate to this thread?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No kidding.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

LOL!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

With sandpaper

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/14/bush.iraq/index.html

So President Bush has basically apologized for going to war with Iraq, which is very commendable of him. He has finally admitted that the intel was "wrong" and he can be held responsible.

I heard his speach on the radio. He said that there were errors made in intelligence and that that was ultimately his responsibilty. He in no way apologized for going to war with Iraq.

+1

Bush is a real man and admits his mistakes.

Going to war with Iraq was not one of them.

But he did admit relying on fautly intelligence
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

He did not get it he just lied that he did... not surprising considering the poster.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#11]
It was not a mistake, he sincerely believed that the CIA gave him creditable information/intell.  The blame belongs in Bill Clinton's shoulders for dismantling the CIA, and diverting its long-term purpose.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#12]
out of
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He did not get it he just lied that he did... not surprising considering the poster.

I'm listening to that noted bastion of sanity- NPR- right now as I type this, and even they can't spin today's speech as an apology.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You're so picky, its about a bush after all.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm feeling punchy so I'll give you -

out of
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Click Here!

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I give it 4 massacared trolls out of 5 massacared trolls

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#18]
No...the poster's artificial admiration for the Presidents "commendable" behavior is a little too heavy handed.  

The "not have been fully justified" was way too far over the top.  

"Brutal (but contained) tyrant?"  Amateurish.

As a longtime successful troll (I've got a whole "only voting third party" following on DU) on Americ bashing forums, I can't even give it a one out of five.

Very poor performance overall, Gordon.  Try again.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#19]
If Bush 41 had done the job right the first time we wouldn't be in this mess. Dubya is just cleaning up the mess his dad left...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Y'all are crazy, this lame attempt at revisionism (on gordo's part) isn't worth one

Try again gordo, maybe on the DU where they can't read and will believe your interpretation.

In the future, try citing a credible news source as a start. Next you'll be sending wikipedia links as the end-all of information.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If Bush 41 had done the job right the first time we wouldn't be in this mess. Dubya is just cleaning up the mess his dad left...

That is exaclty how he should have sold it to the world. "My daddy made a booboo, he should have taken Saddam out of power when he had the chance. Now, sanctions are hurting the innocent people of Iraq, but if we lift the sanctions, Saddam will be able to rebuild his military power and once again terrorize the people of his country, the Kurds, and his neighbors. I have come to the conclusion that I have no choice but to issue an ultimatum. Either Saddam Hussain resigns and replaces his Dictatorship with a viable democracy, or I will be forced to finish what my father did not..."

Seriously. Who could make a fuss about that?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Just think about gordon_freeman.  When she holds her head just right and pouts......magic, I tell ya.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I concur....

out of

and no masturbation.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#24]
uhhh... I don't see how this is trolling? Haliburton's hurricane machine, now that's trolling. Take off your tin foil hat folks, next thing you're gonna call me a MS-13 gang member out to attack minutemen!

"It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong [...] as president I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq. And I'm also responsible for fixing what went wrong by reforming our intelligence capabilities. And we're doing just that." - GWB

I don't think GWB is as bad as the ultra liberal moonbats keep saying in their silly marches, nor is he infallible like you GOP zealots say either. The truth is that he's somewhere in between and he gets my respect for taking reponsibility for mistakes... hmm, taking responsibility for mistakes, doesn't that sound a bit like" apologizing"? Well, i forgot that to some people here, President Bush is God's second son or something.

out of
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
uhhh... I don't see how this is trolling? Haliburton's hurricane machine, now that's trolling. Take off your tin foil hat folks, next thing you're gonna call me a MS-13 gang member out to attack minutemen!

"It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong [...] as president I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq. And I'm also responsible for fixing what went wrong by reforming our intelligence capabilities. And we're doing just that." - GWB

I don't think GWB is as bad as the ultra liberal moonbats keep saying in their silly marches, nor is he infallible like you GOP zealots say either. The truth is that he's somewhere in between and he gets my respect for taking reponsibility for mistakes... hmm, taking responsibility for mistakes, doesn't that sound a bit like" apologizing"? Well, i forgot that to some people here, President Bush is God's second son or something.

out of

How do you get "So President Bush has basically apologized for going to war with Iraq" out of the above GWB quote????  He took responsibility for his decision (regardless of mistakes by others that might have lead to that decision).  He never said the decision was wrong.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#26]
out of      and that's being kind.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

That's awesome sigline material!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#29]
The intelligence which heavily influenced his decision to go to Iraq was wrong.

Doing the right thing (ousting Saddam) for the wrong reasons (WMDs) is how I interpret the situation.

In the end, it is a good thing we invaded Iraq, no one can deny that... as everyone knows for a fact the Hussein was a sadistic tyrant. People are just always whining about the war in Iraq because the supposed reasons were off, and some people don't think Iraq was worth saving. Here Bush says, ok, the reasons were off but we still did a good thing.

yup, that makes me a . i'll go the technical forums now, and leave the kool aid drinkers be.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Doing the right thing (ousting Saddam) for the wrong reasons (WMDs) is how I interpret the situation.

In the end, it is a good thing we invaded Iraq, no one can deny that... as everyone knows for a fact the Hussein was a sadistic tyrant. People are just always whining about the war in Iraq because the supposed reasons were off, and some people don't think Iraq was worth saving. Here Bush says, ok, the reasons were off but we still did a good thing.

yup, that makes me a . i'll go the technical forums now, and leave the kool aid drinkers be.

Had you just posted that instead of your initial silliness we'd be having an entirely different discussion right now.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Damn this thread gets me so HOT!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's awesome sigline material!

Bless you sir!  That is only the second time known to me that I made a sigline.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#34]
This guy must be 17 or something.

Gordon Freeman is the main character in a video game called Half Life.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
This guy must be 1713 or something.

Gordon Freeman is the main character in a video game called Half Life.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So.

Show me where President Bush apologized again?

+1.

Oh wait.  Are you backpedaling and admitting you're full of shit?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Backtracking and dancing around the original fiction you posted and now running away.

Where did President Bush apologize?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top