Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/2/2005 2:38:53 AM EDT
Just the shit he has been up to lately, just has been staying real low key with everything going one
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:41:29 AM EDT
Well, fuck. Maybe he should be helicoptered in to the Superdome so he can hand out corn flakes and tampons.

Would that be "high profile" enough?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:41:47 AM EDT
No, just staying out of the limelight. The Gov and mayor were getting bagged on real hard yesterday for patting themselves and other .Gov agencies for doing such a good job.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:42:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
Well, fuck. Maybe he should be helicoptered in to the Superdome so he can hand out corn flakes and tampons.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:44:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

You know what, he hasn't done shit in the last year. So that would at least be something.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:45:17 AM EDT
What the hell is he supposed to do . He didnt build a city w/ the shape of a ship's hull . It sank .
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:45:22 AM EDT
Maybe he's staying "low key" as you put it in order to get some real work done and not grandstand to make liberals feel warm and fuzzy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:47:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By UPD415:
Maybe he's staying "low key" as you put it in order to get some real work done and not grandstand to make liberals feel warm and fuzzy.

He hasn't done that in some time, I would be very pleased if he did.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:48:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 2:48:37 AM EDT by olyarms]

Originally Posted By Rocklock:
What the hell is he supposed to do . He didnt build a city w/ the shape of a ship's hull . It sank .

No he didn't and it's not his fault either. But it's his duty to protect the country and the citizens of this country. And he seems to really suck at that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:49:02 AM EDT
Maybe if he's holding hands with Jesse Jackson in NOLA he might keep the black vote
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:51:17 AM EDT
Hey Oly

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:53:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By olyarms:
Just the shit he has been up to lately, just has been staying real low key with everything going one

So you are one of those drooling simpletons that needs to 'feel loved' by the CinC?

President Bush has ordered all sorts of assets in to deal with the problem. If you want a hug, go to your mommy, not the President.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:53:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By twonami:
Maybe if he's holding hands with Jesse Jackson in NOLA he might keep the black vote

Who gives a fuck about votes, that is the biggest fucking problem. Fuck votes and perform.

I realize this is a politicians job to get votes but at times you need to simply act. He seemed to have no problem doing this for some fucking iraqis. But when it comes to us we are fucking the shit on the governments shoes.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:54:09 AM EDT
What would you like to see him do? Maybe he could head down there and micromanage the whole thing while ignoring the rest of the shit this country has going on.

If I was him, I'd be resisting the urge to publicly point out that everyone there chose to be there, and that the entire country has known that New Orleans was at risk of flooding, and that if anyone is to blame for this it is the city of New Orleans for not reenforcing the levees befor this happened. I still remember being told that the city was below sea level and had such a high water table that cemetaries mostly consisted of above ground crypts. That was when I was in second grade, almost twenty years ago.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:57:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 2:59:53 AM EDT by olyarms]
Alright I expect none of you to bitch about the fucking border since you all feel he's doing such a great job.

Let the fucking mexicans rule this country. Let the fucking chaos in NO to happen let our country just fall fucking apart. I mean bush is the fucking greatest president we have ever had. He makes Theodore Roosevelt look like a commie bastard, I mean bush is a fucking god right?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:58:18 AM EDT

No he didn't and it's not his fault either. But it's his duty to protect the country and the citizens of this country. And he seems to really suck at that.

Oly right again ! I've changed my mind . Thanks
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:00:52 AM EDT

His duty is to run the affairs of this country to the best of his ability. It is the duty of the city and state to make efforts to prevent this kind of disaster, and the duty of the people to exercise some fucking common sense and prepare themselves for emergencies.

New Orleans has brought in billions of dollars a year for many years from Mardi Gras alone. Maybe they should have spent some of it on disaster preparation and to reinforce the levees. For that matter, they could have cut off support for the thousands of people in their housing projects, and made those that were able earn the money they were getting by preparing the city for this. It's not like nobody knew it could happen.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:00:53 AM EDT

You really think you know what the President does on a daily basis?
What arrogance and ignorance all in one post.

By the way oly, what have you done to enhance this great Nation of ours this year?
(or any year for that matter)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:01:05 AM EDT
Who gives a shit what you expect ?

Alright I expect none of you to bitch about the fucking border since you all feel he's doing such a great job.

Let the fucking mexicans rule this country. Let the fucking chaos in NO to happen let our country just fall fucking apart. I mean bush is the fucking greatest president we have ever had. He makes Theodore Roosevelt look like a commie bastard, I mean bush is a fucking god right?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:02:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By joker581:

His duty is to run the affairs of this country to the best of his ability. It is the duty of the city and state to make efforts to prevent this kind of disaster, and the duty of the people to exercise some fucking common sense and prepare themselves for emergencies.

New Orleans has brought in billions of dollars a year for many years from Mardi Gras alone. Maybe they should have spent some of it on disaster preparation and to reinforce the levees. For that matter, they could have cut off support for the thousands of people in their housing projects, and made those that were able earn the money they were getting by preparing the city for this. It's not like nobody knew it could happen.

LA is one of the poorest states in our union.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:03:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jrzy:

By the way oly, what have you done to enhance this great Nation of ours this year?

First off I pay my fucking taxes, and my other doings for this country are none of your fucking buisness since I am not a public offical and my private life isn't public.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:04:30 AM EDT

Grow up, you're brainwashed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:04:37 AM EDT

Who gives a shit what you expect? Obviously not your own fucking country.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:07:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RikWriter:

So let me know the fucking great changes bush has done to correct what bill fucked up? Or perhaps really none instead he has just continued to carry the torch. Help the poor of other nations, take away rights and feed us with bs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:08:59 AM EDT

Who gives a shit what you expect? Obviously not your own fucking country.

That one ...missed? you gotta slow down for me , sorry .

BTW I said I changed my mind you are god ...no no just right . smiles see happy happy .
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:09:12 AM EDT
And what the fuck can bush do for NO? Easy he can send 1,000's of troops to provide security( Not sure if any of you have been listing to the scanner but it is rather obvious there is not control and they do not have enough NG's. He can have a lot of shit done.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:09:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 3:09:55 AM EDT by Tomislav]

So let me know the fucking great changes bush has done to correct what bill fucked up? Or perhaps really none instead he has just continued to carry the torch. Help the poor of other nations, take away rights and feed us with bs.

You know this thread is killing whatever shred of credibility you may have had, right?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:09:37 AM EDT

The border problem is a national issue. It effects people nation wide, and is costing us billions. He should act on that. The New Orleans issue is a local one, despite it's magnitude and the outpouring of support nation wide. New Orleans has existed for what, 200 years? In all of that time, surely someone noticed that a powerful storm could destroy the city. Yet they did nothing that prevented it. It ain't the Presidents job to hold everyone's hand in Louisiana. He appointed people to handle it, and they are doing their jobs.

There are thousands of other cities in America, and he isn't micromanaging their problems either. That is why we have local and state governments. The governments of New Orleans and Louisiana dropped the ball.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:10:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 3:10:44 AM EDT by vito113]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:11:09 AM EDT
bush is doing more or less the best he can..

problem is lack of up front leadership. by that i mean the ability to stand up and talk in public and inspire. just words but sometimes such abilities can change the tide of history.. or just get people to calm dawn and deal with the problems at hand.

my guess is that mechanically he is doing a lot more than people realize.

yesterday was a more or less on and off stream of whitehouse talking heads. one guy about mid morning was about as useful as a cardboard box.. chertoff was a little better. then bush comes on flanked by his dad and clinton and basically sounds as nervous as a 15 year old caught sneaking the family car out after dark.. and people start asking what the fuck is he doing with clinton.. and fade to a continous stream of bad craziness from NO..

everyone wants someone to stand up lead.. but we eat our leaders for breakfast....

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:11:51 AM EDT

First off I pay my fucking taxes, and my other doings for this country are none of your fucking buisness since I am not a public offical and my private life isn't public.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:12:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 3:16:31 AM EDT by jrzy]

Yes it is all our business sinceYOU brought up the subject on an open BBS.
Oh poor you paid your taxes, boo fucking hoo.
Hey guess what oly, the Presidents private life is just that also, PRIVATE.

But no matter what the President does or says the idiots who feed off the liberal news wire will still chant thier broken record message of hate for the President.

How did I know you haven't done shit to help this Nation or even your local community.
Cause people like you can only bitch and moan.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:13:08 AM EDT
And I don't give a shit if bush ever sets foot in LA, I just want to see him act and not wait a week until it's to late. And I don't want to hear fucking speeches how the country is with NO, I want him to command and take control. It would take him 24 hours to help mexico if this had happened off the coast of mexico, he would ask for $50 billion to give them a fucking hand.

He just doesnt give a fuck about us, he wants to help the world but not us.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:15:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 3:19:17 AM EDT by Penguin_101]

And what the fuck can bush do for NO? Easy he can send 1,000's of troops to provide security( Not sure if any of you have been listing to the scanner but it is rather obvious there is not control and they do not have enough NG's. He can have a lot of shit done.

Military Expects to Send 30,000 Guardsmen

Thursday, September 01, 2005

WASHINGTON — The military expects to put 30,000 National Guard (search) troops on duty in the Gulf states as demands grow for more security and relief assistance, the commander in charge of military relief and rescue efforts said Thursday.

About 24,000 of those will be on the ground in Louisiana and Mississippi in the next three days, Army Lt. Gen. Russel Honore said in a telephone interview with reporters at the Pentagon (search). He also ordered the amphibious assault ship USS Bataan (search) from the Louisiana coast to waters off Biloxi, Miss., to assist with hurricane relief operations there.

The additional Guard units, plus active duty troops responding to the disaster, brings the total military complement to more than 40,000.

Also, the Army has notified commanders at four or five major bases, including Fort Hood (search), Texas, and Fort Bragg, N.C., to stand by for further word on whether they may be required to send troops to the hurricane-stricken area, according to several defense officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because no final decisions had been made.

"We continue to build our capability," Honore said. "It's a trying situation at best, and the enormity of the task is significant."

A majority of the troops, he said, will be used for security to augment state and local police.

The troops were struggling to get to people in need, and to clear roads to facilitate rescues and levee repairs needed to stem the flood waters.

"It's hard to imagine, but our people had to literally chain saw their route to the base," said Air Force Col. Jim Lyon, commander the 823rd Red Horse Squadron. "They found roads impassible and had to hunt for alternate routes. "

Coast Guard Petty Officer Keric Allen, who spent two nights pulling injured people and families off New Orleans and Gulfport, Miss., rooftops, said helicopter pilots just head for the flashlight beams that victims wave as they wait desperately for help.

"It's hard because I'll land on a rooftop and I can hear a guy yelling from a half a mile away, calling for help. You just hope that you don't run out of gas or have to go home before you get to them," said Allen in a phone call from Gulfport.

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and Lt. Gen. Steven Blum, commander of National Guard forces, met with President Bush Thursday to brief him on the military response.

Earlier Thursday, officials said the aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman was heading to the Gulf Coast to serve as a floating command center for Hurricane Katrina relief operations.

The Truman and the dock landing ship USS Whidbey Island will join five other Norfolk-based Navy ships that were already under way or in the Gulf as part of the Defense Department contingent being deployed to the stricken region. The hospital ship USNS Comfort is expected to reach the Gulf Coast by next Thursday, and a fast combat support ship based at Naval Station Earl in New Jersey and a rescue and salvage ship were also en route. The Air Force was sending in a U-2 surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft to get detailed, high resolution photographs of the Gulf Coast area.

Marine Corps spokeswoman Capt. Gabrielle Chapin said the Marine Corps Air Station at New River, N.C., had dispatched eight helicopters and at least 120 Marines to the region.

Also, Lt. Col. Bob Thompson, spokesman for Air Force Reserve Command, said volunteer pilots and crews were flying C-130 transports and HH-60 helicopters from Reserve bases in Florida, Alabama and Texas to ferry medical supplies and bring in para-rescue airmen for search and rescue missions in the stricken region.

The military's plans to assist with recovery efforts don't involve a large-scale shifting of U.S. troops from Afghanistan or Iraq, a spokesman for the U.S. Central Command said Thursday.

But the Pentagon is looking at ways to bring home from the war zones individual service members whose families suffered from the hurricane and need their help, said Lt. Col. Trey Cate, based in Qatar.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168252,00.html
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:16:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FredM:

Originally Posted By joker581:

LA is one of the poorest states in our union.

That is a fact that I forgot about in my rant.

However, I lack sympathy for those who are content to live in a place where they can't(or won't) work, and leach off of the government. I don't doubt that New Orleans is poor, I've been there. However, I am still struck by the fact that, for the cost of the now destroyed Superdome, they could have probably reinforced their levees and improved their chances of surviving such storms. They didn't, and as a result, thousands are dead, billions of dollars will be spent and New Orleans will not recover for years, if ever.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:16:35 AM EDT

And I don't give a shit if bush ever sets foot in LA, I just want to see him act and not wait a week until it's to late. And I don't want to hear fucking speeches how the country is with NO, I want him to command and take control. It would take him 24 hours to help mexico if this had happened off the coast of mexico, he would ask for $50 billion to give them a fucking hand.

What about sending millions of MREs, Blankets, cots, water and putting the navy and coast guard into action?

Being in communication with the state governments and declaring the request for assistance before the storm hit?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:17:14 AM EDT

But no matter what the President does or says the idiots who feed off the liberal bews wire will still chant thier broken record message of hate for the President.

How did I know you haven't done shit to help this Nation or even your local community.

I could give a fucking shit what the media has to say, I care about what the fuck is happening. NO needs fucking troops we can deploy 10,000's of troops to iraq in hours to help some poor fucking iraqi, but for our own fucking country our goverment doesnt do a god damn fucking thing. And it goes to show simply look at the border all they need from us is our labor. After that fuck us. What a world of help just a few thousand troops would have done the day after all of this.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:17:25 AM EDT

What about sending millions of MREs, Blankets, cots, water and putting the navy and coast guard into action?

Being in communication with the state governments and declaring the request for assistance before the storm hit?

Olyarms won't be happy until someone holds his hand as he cries himself to sleep.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:17:59 AM EDT

WTF does that do if you have no order. Lets go drop millions of pounds of rice over NK and see who gets the food.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:18:04 AM EDT

So let me know the fucking great changes bush has done to correct what bill fucked up?

What the FUCK are you talking about? He's changed everythng he could. The only area he's fucked up in is immigration.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:18:39 AM EDT

I don't know how the hell I missed the telltale signs.
You must be smoking crack.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:18:59 AM EDT

And I don't give a shit if bush ever sets foot in LA, I just want to see him act and not wait a week until it's to late. .

He's BEEN acting. Sorry it's not enough for you...why don't you just keep throwing your idiotic tantrum?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:21:42 AM EDT

But no matter what the President does or says the idiots who feed off the liberal bews wire will still chant thier broken record message of hate for the President.

I could give a fucking shit what the media has to say, I care about what the fuck is happening. NO needs fucking troops we can deploy 10,000's of troops to iraq in hours to help some poor fucking iraqi, but for our own fucking country our goverment doesnt do a god damn fucking thing. And it goes to show simply look at the border all they need from us is our labor. After that fuck us. What a world of help just a few thousand troops would have done the day after all of this.

Again...

Military Expects to Send 30,000 Guardsmen

Thursday, September 01, 2005

WASHINGTON — The military expects to put 30,000 National Guard (search) troops on duty in the Gulf states as demands grow for more security and relief assistance, the commander in charge of military relief and rescue efforts said Thursday.

About 24,000 of those will be on the ground in Louisiana and Mississippi in the next three days, Army Lt. Gen. Russel Honore said in a telephone interview with reporters at the Pentagon (search). He also ordered the amphibious assault ship USS Bataan (search) from the Louisiana coast to waters off Biloxi, Miss., to assist with hurricane relief operations there.

The additional Guard units, plus active duty troops responding to the disaster, brings the total military complement to more than 40,000.

Also, the Army has notified commanders at four or five major bases, including Fort Hood (search), Texas, and Fort Bragg, N.C., to stand by for further word on whether they may be required to send troops to the hurricane-stricken area, according to several defense officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because no final decisions had been made.

"We continue to build our capability," Honore said. "It's a trying situation at best, and the enormity of the task is significant."

A majority of the troops, he said, will be used for security to augment state and local police.

The troops were struggling to get to people in need, and to clear roads to facilitate rescues and levee repairs needed to stem the flood waters.

"It's hard to imagine, but our people had to literally chain saw their route to the base," said Air Force Col. Jim Lyon, commander the 823rd Red Horse Squadron. "They found roads impassible and had to hunt for alternate routes. "

Coast Guard Petty Officer Keric Allen, who spent two nights pulling injured people and families off New Orleans and Gulfport, Miss., rooftops, said helicopter pilots just head for the flashlight beams that victims wave as they wait desperately for help.

"It's hard because I'll land on a rooftop and I can hear a guy yelling from a half a mile away, calling for help. You just hope that you don't run out of gas or have to go home before you get to them," said Allen in a phone call from Gulfport.

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and Lt. Gen. Steven Blum, commander of National Guard forces, met with President Bush Thursday to brief him on the military response.

Earlier Thursday, officials said the aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman was heading to the Gulf Coast to serve as a floating command center for Hurricane Katrina relief operations.

The Truman and the dock landing ship USS Whidbey Island will join five other Norfolk-based Navy ships that were already under way or in the Gulf as part of the Defense Department contingent being deployed to the stricken region. The hospital ship USNS Comfort is expected to reach the Gulf Coast by next Thursday, and a fast combat support ship based at Naval Station Earl in New Jersey and a rescue and salvage ship were also en route. The Air Force was sending in a U-2 surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft to get detailed, high resolution photographs of the Gulf Coast area.

Marine Corps spokeswoman Capt. Gabrielle Chapin said the Marine Corps Air Station at New River, N.C., had dispatched eight helicopters and at least 120 Marines to the region.

Also, Lt. Col. Bob Thompson, spokesman for Air Force Reserve Command, said volunteer pilots and crews were flying C-130 transports and HH-60 helicopters from Reserve bases in Florida, Alabama and Texas to ferry medical supplies and bring in para-rescue airmen for search and rescue missions in the stricken region.

The military's plans to assist with recovery efforts don't involve a large-scale shifting of U.S. troops from Afghanistan or Iraq, a spokesman for the U.S. Central Command said Thursday.

But the Pentagon is looking at ways to bring home from the war zones individual service members whose families suffered from the hurricane and need their help, said Lt. Col. Trey Cate, based in Qatar.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168252,00.html

I know you have that special problem.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:22:34 AM EDT

What planet are you from and where do you get these lies?
Do you know what has been sent down to NO?

Obviously not.
The liberal news is all you must be watching because the reports I have been seeing are a lot more in line with a massive movement of aid.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:24:00 AM EDT

Pretty close, yeah.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:25:15 AM EDT

So let me know the fucking great changes bush has done to correct what bill fucked up?

What the FUCK are you talking about? He's changed everythng he could. The only area he's fucked up in is immigration.

Immigration and letting that fuck clinton near the White House.
I'm reserving judgment on the clinton thing until I see what useful purpose he might have, still can't figure that one out though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:25:31 AM EDT

Brilliant , but you forgot to say fuck .....at the end right after "...this." . Man a good fuck would have made your "thought " complete .
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:25:42 AM EDT

You know what, he hasn't done shit in the last year. So that would at least be something.

It is apparent that you have no idea what being President entails.

No modern President, least of all this President, has had the luxury of not doing "shit".
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:27:20 AM EDT

So what has he changed? Besides a fucking 94 ban that wasnt going to happen any ways and he had no doing in it.

And Immigration is a huge fucking problem, when I have a dirty mexican pissing in my front fucking yard and I get hit by a family of fucking illegals with no insurance, when my fucking truck is broken into by a dirty mexican who cant speak english WHEN I can go to a job site and see 40 guys who cant speak english and cant read the no on site hiring sign and trying to work. When I can goto a apartment complex with a friend who is a property manager and see 6 living in a single bedroom apartment. When I can see cars running around with mexican flags and no plates. When I can get the police in my back yard looking for a "hispanic" suspect who just robbed and beat and elderly woman and crashed a stolen car

The illegals are a HUGE FUCKING PROBLEM
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:27:57 AM EDT

The president is not the primary government in NO unless martial law is declared. That may be next but the impotent governor has the primary responsibility. You see we are the United STATES of America, not the USSR.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:28:43 AM EDT

Immigration and letting that fuck clinton near the White House.
I'm reserving judgment on the clinton thing until I see what useful purpose he might have, still can't figure that one out though.

Hell he wants his pops and fucking bill to raise money for the flood. He loves fucking clinton, no fucking suprise here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Top Top