Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/5/2004 8:26:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2004 10:12:00 PM EST by bolt]
...However you still realize he's the best choice. Personaly I do not understand his view point on stem cell reasearch.This could yield great things IMO. How about you? Yes IMMIGRATION is on par with my not understanding his position on this either. I was under impression stem search was really dealt a strong set back w/.gov regulation hampering its best/exploratory reasearch both publicaly and privately.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:42:28 PM EST
Illegal Immigration.

Just what part of "breaking the fucking law" isn't understood?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:43:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By V-Match:
Illegal Immigration.

Same here
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:44:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2004 8:45:22 PM EST by SANGUINE]
Parts of the patriot act.

Homeland Security and the ability to write their own search warrant.

It should be left to Judges in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:44:45 PM EST
+1

Close the fucking border you moron.

Charlie
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:49:06 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:50:09 PM EST
Close the borders!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:50:11 PM EST
1. BORDERS CLOSED
BTW...NO FREE RIDES... IF YOUR HERE ILLEGALLY...YOU GOT TO GO!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:50:21 PM EST
Stem cell research is legal in the private sector.

I don't agree with his steel tarriffs. I don't support all of the Patriot Act. In general, I think he's swung to far left in order to get more votes--but realisticlly, he probably had to.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:51:21 PM EST
Illegals!!

Pisses me off beyond belief!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:57:10 PM EST

Illegal Immigration.

+20

Vast portions of the Patriot Act, Campaign Finance Reform, his lukewarm stance on guns, John Ashcroft, for some of his good points, is still loony (draping a statue? ), and his deficit spending. He isn't fiscally conservative enough.

I just wish that the major parties could field someone that doesn't develop instant illiteracy when in proximity to the Constitution. Maybe Ron Paul (R-TX)?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:58:03 PM EST

Illegal Immigration.

---------

I hate this opinion of Bush's stance on immigration. I am about as right-wing as it gets and I HATE the fact that people are upset about cutting naturalization times in half if the illegals volunteer for the military. There are TONS of people who have no desire to serve their country and yet, there are illegals who wish to be Americans so bad that they will donate 4+ years of their life to the U.S.

On most occassions I would agree that illegal immigration is very wrong, however, this is an exception. I think many illegals just want to exploit the U.S. and live off of our "Milk and Honey", but when there are individuals that will serve our country to protect legal Americans that are not... they have my approval.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:58:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2004 9:01:04 PM EST by rayra]
Illegal Immigration.

and I think we are providing a free focus group for the DNC's next series of attack ads
<--closest thing to tinfoil
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:03:48 PM EST
Illegal immigration & CFR.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:07:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2004 9:08:54 PM EST by AR15fan]
Guest worker / Amnesty for illegals
Condoms for the Congo
Drug welfare for seniors
His articulated reasons for invading Iraq (I support the war in Iraq, there were many perfectly good reasons for invading Iraq, including the simple "Saddam needed his ass kicked." My complaint is Bush overlooks the acceptable reasons for invading Iraq, and instead cites bullshit based on flawed intel)
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:07:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By DonS:
Stem cell research is legal in the private sector.

I don't agree with his steel tarriffs. I don't support all of the Patriot Act. In general, I think he's swung to far left in order to get more votes--but realisticlly, he probably had to.

Steel tarriffs are lifted.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:13:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2004 9:32:32 PM EST by Va_Dinger]
Illegal Immigration
War in Iraq
Goverment deficit spending
Patriot Act (Certian Parts Of It)
Medicare Reform
Halliburton Iraq reconstruction contracts
Lying about Iraq/Al-Qeada conection
Vocal support for the AWB and its renewal
Lying about WMD
Faith Based Initiatives
Etc.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:28:40 PM EST
Immigration.
Stem Cells.
Parts of the Patriot Act (tho I believe it was inevitable knee-jerking).
Faith Based Initiatives.
Aids $$ for Africa.
AWB comments (yeah I know, but it still pisses me off).

That said, he's still a good pres and his handling of the war on terror and tax cuts have earned him high praise from me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:47:11 PM EST
Immigration.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:47:40 PM EST

Illegal Immigration.

+10000000
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:49:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By cyrax777:

Illegal Immigration.

+10000000

I'm glad you are all so eloquent and descriptive in naming why you don't like this policy?

Or...wait... was that just a BandWagon that passed by?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:53:47 PM EST
Illegal Immigration
Medicare Reform
Faith Based Initiatives
Stem Cell Research
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:47:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2004 10:51:37 PM EST by K2QB3]
Immigration is very simple.

A ponzi scheme requires a rapidly expanding population of suckers to continue.

We've got $55 trillion in current unfunded liabilities to deal with.

There are 110 million privately employed in the US.

So every taxpayer in america needs to pony up half a million 2004 dollars and counting on top of their current tax burden to meet the obligations the government has made.(SS, medicare)

OR, we need a whole bunch more people to tax.

Steel tariffs were wrong on principle, over or not.

THE FARM BILL in its entirety.

Budget and trade deficits.

Ashcroft, in his entirety. I can't believe he's still got a job after trying to classify parts of the criminal law code of the US.

The war on Iraq.

Patriot act and Patriot II that passed without comment the day they announced they got Saddam.

Oh yeah, stem cells,faith based, constitutional amendments, medicare expansion, etc.

The fact that his tax cuts were so blatantly regressive the GOP has no strong arguement when the left beats them over the head with it every five minutes.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:29:22 AM EST
Illegal Immigration and failure to revoke China's favored nation trade status.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:37:53 AM EST
Oh crap, forgot monkeying with the constitution!

Any president that seeks to add an amendment to the US constitution specifically to deny someone a right, whether we agree with it or not, is seriously fooked.

That really bothers me. Not the idea he's fighting, but the weapon he chooses. Very reckless, IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:57:13 AM EST
1) immigration
2) parts of the patriot act
3) stem cell research
4) marriage amendment

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:03:26 AM EST
1)immigration
2)marriage amendment
3)medicare give-away
4)faithbased initiative
5)abortion
6)AIDS funding- (too much of it, quit taking my money and giving it to people who have made poor decisions)
7)No child left behind

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:06:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:

Lying about WMD

Neither were lies. You're the one repeating the lie.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:08:17 AM EST
I don't like the President's policy on immigration, nor do I like the way he's bent over for the Democrats on Medicare. I am not crazy about the No Child Left Behind act and I don't especially feel like sending $15 billion of our money to Africa so they can fight AIDS.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:17:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 2:22:11 AM EST by SouthHoof]
Some of you are swallowing the Democrat talking point about stem cell research. President Bush has NOT suspended government funding stem cell research only that for harvesting new embryonic sources. That is a significant difference. Funding for stem cell research has increased since W took office.

That policy has sent scientists in promising directions to find other sources. I heard on Charles Osgood's radio program on Monday morning that a scientist has incubated stem cells from a childs baby tooth.

Back to the orginal question. About the only thing that has me concerned is the current price of oil/fuel. I'm not sure if Bush can do anything about it.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:03:04 AM EST

Illegal Immigration.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:04:38 AM EST
1) Letting OPEC screw us

2) Out-sourcing USS jobs

3) Illegal immigrants

r/s

Dan
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:06:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 9:07:58 AM EST by Dog1]

Illegal Immigration.

Yep here too....I simply do not understand, other than pandering to the Hispanic vote, how a party that uses National Security as cornerstone, turns a blind eye to the problem....

And Abortion
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:24:07 AM EST
I agree with the borders issue.

As far as the stem cell research, you guys falling into the liberals arguments. Bush has authorized stem cell research on existing stem cell lines. As a matter of fact, he is the only President to authorize funding for it but is against the creation of new stem cell lines.

The other thing you are not hearing about is research currently being done with umbilical cord blood which contains stem cells and adult stem cells which is actually producing better results.

We all need to research the liberal attacks on the President. He is not perfect but is definately better than anything the Democraps have.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:29:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 9:30:14 AM EST by Hokie]

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:
Illegal Immigration
War in Iraq
Goverment deficit spending
Patriot Act (Certian Parts Of It)
Medicare Reform
Halliburton Iraq reconstruction contracts
Vocal support for the AWB and its renewal
Lying about WMD
Faith Based Initiatives
Etc.

Halliburton got a no-bid contract in Serbia too under Clinton. They get the no-bid contract because they're one of the few entities that can take on such a project and do it without the entire ordeal turning into a giant clusterfuck by going with the low bid. When you pick the low bid, sometimes you end up paying more than if you went with one of the higher numbers. That, and they're resume is pretty extensive. They get the jobs because they can do the jobs - proven time and time again.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:29:51 AM EST
Illegal Immigration.

When 9/11 happened, I was wondering when something was going to be done about this....and I still am.

I say we should mine the borders. Create a Korean-style DMZ wherever possible.

Scott

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:33:18 AM EST
Defense of Marriage amendment and other 10th amendment violations.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:39:27 AM EST
My favorites:

The Environment (or is that the War On The Environment?)
The War in Iraq
Lying about WMD
Deficit spending and the ballooning national debt
The Patriot Act
Faith Based Initiatives
Marriage Amendment
Stem Cell Research
Illegal Immigration
Campaign Finance Reform

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:24:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By Aardvark:
My favorites:

The Environment (or is that the War On The Environment?)

Only if you're a DU troll.

Lying about WMD

Except neither was a lie. You're the one repeating a lie.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:27:54 PM EST

Illegal Immigration.

+1
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:28:24 PM EST
illegals
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:32:12 PM EST
Close borders & illegal immigration
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:51:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 1:59:16 PM EST by ThunderStick]
I'm surprised at how ignorant some people are:

Bush did not lie about WMD or the Iraq Al Qaeda "connection". Everyone believed Saddam had WMD (the French, Germans, Russians, Brits, UN). You could say they were WRONG about Saddam and WMD, but you can't say they lied.

As to the Iraq--Al Qaeda link. There were many contacts and links between Saddam and Al Qaeda. Go to a bookstore and buy a copy of the 9/11 report. Within this book, you will see many connections and info about cooperation, training camps and terrorism. Plenty of footnotes also for further info. You will also see exactly why Al-Qaeda attacked the US (page 53 if my memory serves me)

Some of you have your heads up your butts on "Stem Cells:" There is no ban on Stem cell research. Federal funding is limited to current stem cell lines, but billions in private research, which is highly efficient, and doesn't cost the taxpayers a dime is ongoing.

What I cannot stand about Democrats and Republicans is:

1. The massive amount of spending and government waste
2. The massive unfunded obligations (social security, medicare, interest on the federal debt) deficit of about 35 trillion dollars.

For the facts on Halliburton: Go to www.factcheck.org for the truth on Halliburton. There is no illegality. Also, very few companies in the world can do what Halliburton does, so by necessity they will get government contracts by default.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:58:53 PM EST
stem cells, health care, immigration, environmental policy, energy policy, AWB support, some portions of his tax policy...there's a bunch.

I've got a primary issue and three major issues. My primary is the GWOT. My majors are guns, health care and the environment. Kerry is actually closer to my position on two of my majors, altho I'm not in agreement with him on every point. But GWB has exactly the right take on the GWOT and is a hell of a lot closer on 2A issues.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:59:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By macro:

Illegal Immigration.

+1

+1.0x10^6
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:03:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By Taxman:

Illegal Immigration.

Same here

+1
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:07:42 PM EST
V-match has it.

It is making me nuts.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:08:49 PM EST
Top Top