BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/17/2007 11:23:22 AM EST
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/04/17/1176696841532.html?from=top5

-SNIP-

EVEN as President George Bush told the nation he was praying for the victims, and that the killings in a place of learning would affect "every American classroom and community", a White House official said Mr Bush continued to believe in the "right to bear arms".

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:26:18 AM EST
He'll cave like daddy and stab us in the back soon enough.

Get ready for a heavy media dose of Finestein and Carolyn McCarthy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:28:29 AM EST
SCOTUS will uphold the DC decision and gun control laws will be very limited
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:29:54 AM EST
Then again this is an Australian paper.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:31:12 AM EST
Doesn't surprise me, the guy can't even blink with out getting attacked.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:31:42 AM EST

Quoted:
SCOTUS will uphold the DC decision and gun control laws will be very limited

Your optimism is probably not on sure footing.  Our rights basicly come down to the political mood swings of Anthony Kennedy a Commifornia moderate.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:33:05 AM EST
The Columbine attny was just on Fox talking about the solution is to go after the guns.

FWIW: Columbine happend in 1999... 5years after the passage of the AWB, gun control does jack shit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:36:13 AM EST

Quoted:

I tend to take a pessimistic view as well, but after listening to Glen Beck's show today and The Leprechaun I have to say that I think it will be the other way around. Glen's fill in and The Leprechaun were both getting alot of callers saying that gun control is the last thing that we need right now. Hell, even The Leprechaun was saying that people have a right to own a gun (although he opposes having people going around "packin'" and he supports registration).

I don't think that DiFi and McCarthy are going to get their way on this one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:36:35 AM EST

Quoted:

Actually, the stabbing in the back going on here finds YOU with the knife in your hand.

He delivered us a dead AWB.

He delivered us a court that gave us the DC ruling, and the individual right ruling.

He has verbally and visibly supported the 2A.

I swear - some of you mutts would ONLY be happy if he capped DiFi on the Senate floor in session.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:40:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:40:09 AM EST
Why is no one talking about the fact that this man was a foreigner targeting US civilians for mass murder? I.E., terrorism, instead they are painting this kid as the boy next door, when he is not, he does not represent gun owners in this country because he is not a citizen of this country. His actions were to kill as many Americans as possible, his rage targetted our citizens for destruction, and his motive though unknown, is still to inflict terror and death upon US citizens.

The media did the same coverup a few months back after my friend was murdered in a Utah mall. Hardly any newspaper meantioned the fact that the person who shot up the mall was a not a US citizen, just left a Mosque, and targetted US civilians for terror and murder. Instead they'll paint these people as the faces of the American Gun owner when in fact they are not even citizens.

C77
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:40:12 AM EST

Quoted:

I swear - some of you mutts would ONLY be happy if he capped DiFi on the Senate floor in session.

That would be... acceptable.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:40:54 AM EST
Freakin McCarthy is already using this terrible incident for political gain and Ted Kennedy said with the bodies not even cold that "we need to take another look at gun control."  These horrible people are  playing politics over the bodies of the young dead victims.

Makes me want to vomit.

The total ban on firearms on campus didn't stop a criminal all it did was stop the victims from defending themselves.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:41:41 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:47:25 AM EST
Gun Confiscation.

Pack/Rifle

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:50:50 AM EST

Quoted:
The Columbine attny was just on Fox talking about the solution is to go after the guns.

FWIW: Columbine happend in 1999... 5years after the passage of the AWB, gun control does jack shit.

Well considering they had a friend buy some at a gun show and then sell to them....he was completely legal in buying them.

He was later convicted to 3-5yrs for selling minors guns.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:53:31 AM EST

Quoted:

you say that like it's a bad thing?
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:55:45 AM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, the stabbing in the back going on here finds YOU with the knife in your hand.

He delivered us a dead AWB.  No Tom Delay did, Jr. said he'd sign it.

He delivered us a court that gave us the DC ruling, and the individual right ruling.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:06:38 PM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

He delivered us a dead AWB.  He did say he would sign it if got to his desk.

I'd pay big bucks to see that.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:08:32 PM EST

Quoted:
Why is no one talking about the fact that this man was a foreigner targeting US civilians for mass murder? I.E., terrorism, instead they are painting this kid as the boy next door, when he is not, he does not represent gun owners in this country because he is not a citizen of this country. His actions were to kill as many Americans as possible, his rage targetted our citizens for destruction, and his motive though unknown, is still to inflict terror and death upon US citizens.

The media did the same coverup a few months back after my friend was murdered in a Utah mall. Hardly any newspaper meantioned the fact that the person who shot up the mall was a not a US citizen, just left a Mosque, and targetted US civilians for terror and murder. Instead they'll paint these people as the faces of the American Gun owner when in fact they are not even citizens.

C77

Someone started a couple of threads on that point earlier. It was quickly discounted and dismissed though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:11:40 PM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He delivered us a dead AWB.  No Tom Delay did, Jr. said he'd sign it.

That's all you got?

Which only goes to show you don't know how to fight political guerilla warfare.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:13:45 PM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would also like add that the NRA's Wayne LaPierre got a letter from then-AG John Ashcroft maintaning "the right to bear arms," is an individual right, and not a collective right as espoused by the liberals and anti-gun crowd.  My feeling is that Ashcroft was directed by Bush to draft this letter.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:19:34 PM EST
He said he'll sign an AWB if it came to his desk.

I think he's going to have to eat his words.  Because I bet a bill WILL reach his desk.

The question is:  Will he veto it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:20:07 PM EST

Damn right.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:24:43 PM EST

Quoted:

That's all you got?

Which only goes to show you don't know how to fight political guerilla warfare.

Harriet Meyers and Alberto Gonzalez.

Need I say more? Bush is at BEST, a "moderate". Don't expect him to grow a spine on RKBA issues.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:27:34 PM EST

Quoted:

I think he's going to have to eat his words.  Because I bet a bill WILL reach his desk.

Saying he'd sign it diffused teh whole issue.

Call it a lie, if you will.

Its pretty obvious Bush knew  The Hammer (DeLay) would kill it.

For my money, as long as crap law like the AWB keeps going away, and SCOTUS keeps delivering good verdicts for us,  Bush can deceive the Dems however he likes.

This is war, ANd lying to the enemy in war is fair game.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:28:48 PM EST

Quoted:

Need I say more? Bush is at BEST, a "moderate". Don't expect him to grow a spine on RKBA issues.

GIven neither Gonzales not Myers did ANYTHING to in ANY way harm our gun rights, yeah, yer gonna need ALOT more.

Since yer at ZERO right now.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:28:58 PM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

For my money, as long as crap law like the AWB keeps going away, and SCOTUS keeps delivering good verdicts for us,  Bush can deceive the Dems however he likes.

Then WHEN he vetoes a gun-ban bill,
I'll gladly eat my words and my hat.

But until then, I'll remain skeptical.  Politicians lie.  They'll all stab you in the back for the right price.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:30:25 PM EST
The sheeple are scared and want to do SOMTHING so they ban somthing to "FEEL" better about it. Its easier than being responsable for themselves.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:30:38 PM EST

Quoted:

But until then, I'll remain skeptical.  Politicians lie.  They'll all stab you in the back for the right price.

Bush's SCOTUS DID deliver us a RULING that 2A is an individual right.

Would you like some tobasco with that hat?

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:34:27 PM EST
Cite the case that SCOTUS named it as such?

I believe you are confusing the DC circ with the SCOTUS, and Regan and Bush Sr.  appointees with W's.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:49:29 PM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tend to take a pessimistic view as well, but after listening to Glen Beck's show today and The Leprechaun I have to say that I think it will be the other way around. Glen's fill in and The Leprechaun were both getting alot of callers saying that gun control is the last thing that we need right now. Hell, even The Leprechaun was saying that people have a right to own a gun (although he opposes having people going around "packin'" and he supports registration).

I don't think that DiFi and McCarthy are going to get their way on this one.

McCarthy is on PMSNBC right now.  It really does suck to be right.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:03:19 PM EST
Tests and Tribulations. Shall he pass?
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:07:28 PM EST
Bush needs to learn the game. He should proclaim that we should pull out of Iraq and people will react the opposite. Same with the 2a.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:10:15 PM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't change the subject.
WHEN Bush vetoes a gun ban bill, I'll eat my word and my hat.

Please cite the SCOTUS decision that proclaims the 2A to be an individual right.

As far as I know, it has not reached the supreme court.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:15:30 PM EST
You guys should hear the radio stuff I'm listening to from the BBC...

"Why are the Americans so in love with their guns? Will the Americans learn from us how to control guns better? Or are they content to leave their gun policy as is and just accept the rare massacre?"
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:15:40 PM EST

Absolutely, Gonzales is useless at best and most likely will cause more harm than good.  The only reason he is AG is because he's Bush's friend and Bush wants to win favor with hispanics.  And no I'm not racist I just don't like Gonzales and am beginning to dislike Bush.  

BTW .... 10 to 1 says this gets locked for the Feinstein comment
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:18:28 PM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't change the subject.
WHEN Bush vetoes a gun ban bill, I'll eat my word and my hat.

Please cite the SCOTUS decision that proclaims the 2A to be an individual right.

As far as I know, it has not reached the supreme court.

They have not, at least yet.  Parker Vs. DC in the D.C. Circuit is what he was speaking of.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:20:32 PM EST

Quoted:

He's a second termer.  He could give two shits what the pussy liberals think.  And he WILL NOT give them an inch on this issue in his final years.  That will not be his legacy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:23:52 PM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

The children want everything right now, and if they don't get it it's tantrum time . . .
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:26:12 PM EST

Quoted:

IIRC, he said he would renew the '94 bill if it was shown to be effective.

He never said he'd sign any AWB.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:30:06 PM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:30:48 PM EST

Quoted:

Bush was pushing for the gun lawsuit protection bill, when the Dems added the AWB renewal to it.

Bush demanded a clean bill, asked Congress to kill the unclean version.

He wasn't just watching from the sidelines.

As a side point, we really need the lawsuit protection, something the children on our side don't grasp. With the wrong administration, it's lawsuit that are the threat. The Dems will have trouble passing restrictive gun laws, but a Dem president can do a lot of damage supporting lawsuits, and based upon what the Clinton admin was doing, it will be a cheap victory for them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:38:10 PM EST

Quoted:

You should recognize your friends in this; Bush is a friend of gun owners.

That said, the gun issue is only one piece in this political game; and like most game pieces it is subject to sacrifise in the bigger picture. So you could be right about the "stab in the back", although I think your perspective is skewed.

The reality is that gun owners can't get all they want right now. We have to play smart and take reasonable steps. The "I want my machine gun now!" crowd needs to wise up; that ain't gonna happen. We have to make it happen, and it will take a long time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 2:26:44 PM EST
Whether or not you love it.
NRA 4,000,000 members
I think something like 80,000,000 gun owners, that tells me that 76,000,000  people would rather value their $$$$$$$$$$ and talk than to do something  about it. This country , even politicans are swayed by the majority. Like I said you probably did't want to hear it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:34:22 PM EST

Quoted:

Of course he will.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:38:48 PM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you are mistaking Bush for Delay. I see someone already said it and you objected that he did not know how to operate. Well, I'm not so sure this is the case.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:44:43 AM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

The children want everything right now, and if they don't get it it's tantrum time . . .

He had six years and he pissed it away.  I heard all of the same things from apologists from '89-93 as GHW Bush brought the Reagan Revolution to a screeching halt.  They weren't right then either.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:55:22 AM EST

Quoted:
You guys should hear the radio stuff I'm listening to from the BBC...

"Why are the Americans so in love with their guns? Will the Americans learn from us how to control guns better? Or are they content to leave their gun policy as is and just accept the rare massacre?"

How many Brits would be a bar of soap if it weren't for the United States sending arms to them nearly 60+ years ago?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:32:56 AM EST

Quoted:

IIRC, he said he would renew the '94 bill if it was shown to be effective.

He never said he'd sign any AWB.

Come to think of it, I beleive you are EXACTLY right.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:42:06 AM EST
have you joined the NRA
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top