Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/26/2006 9:27:47 PM EDT
by J. Grant Swank, Jr.
Jan 26, 2006

US President George W. Bush was correct in saying there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq under the Saddam Hussein two decades-plus murder rule. Recall that numerous Democrats prior to Mr. Bush's election to the Oval Office said the same. Further, many said the same after Mr. Bush moved into the White House.

Now we have proof.

It comes from none other than Hussein's General Georges Sada. The nub of his data is this: Hussein flew WMD into Syria before Operation Iraqi Freedom. They were loaded onto civilian planes with seats removed to make room, so states Hussein's second in command official in Hussein's air force.

"Saddam's Secrets," is the name of his recently released book. There details are exposed, according to The New York Sun's Ira Stoll.

"'There are weapons of mass destruction gone out from Iraq to Syria, and they must be found and returned to safe hands,' Mr. Sada said. 'I am confident they were taken over.'"

Therefore, Mr. Bush was correct in his repeated assurance that the liberation of Iraqis was motivated by removing these WMD, such feared over years by both Democrats and Republicans. They were also feared by other free nations' leadership.

When Mr. Bush said over television that "we did not find those weapons" after the liberation, he was speaking truth. They had been hoisted from Iraq into Syria.

Now it's time to go after Syria. And the entire free world should do so, not just the United States. Further, the Democrats should apologize to the President and American people for carping against the President when the President was indeed correct.

Syria has long been a supporter of Islamic killers international. Many hide within its borders. Many of its leaders are radical legalistic Muslims who follow the murder and maiming dictates of the Koran.

http://www.postchronicle.com/commentary/article_2124562.shtml
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:34:07 PM EDT
Don`t hold your breath waiting for Democrats to say Bush was right. They would rather die first. Hey! Now that`s an idea!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:39:37 PM EDT
Yeah, I'll be waiting anxiously for the headlines on the NY Times, Washington Post, NewsWeek, etc with the admission by the editors that they were all wrong.

-K
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:40:21 PM EDT
Didn't we see this on another thread?

NTM
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:53:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Special-K:
Yeah, I'll be waiting anxiously for the headlines on the NY Times, Washington Post, NewsWeek, etc with the admission by the editors that they were all wrong.

-K

+1 aint gonna happen
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:54:23 PM EDT
As much as I'd like to see this as proof - it's one man's word.

That's not going to change minds....not when they WANT to believe Bush lied.

I think the WMD's are in Syria, but a guy selling a book isn't proof.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:00:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 10:07:57 PM EDT by cnatra]
rest of article:

"Mr. Sada, 65, told the Sun that the pilots of the two airliners that transported the weapons of mass destruction to Syria from Iraq approached him in the middle of 2004, after Saddam was captured by American troops.

"'I know them very well. They are very good friends of mine. We trust each other. We are friends as pilots,' Mr. Sada said of the two pilots. He declined to disclose their names, saying they are concerned for their safety. But he said they are now employed by other airlines outside Iraq."

Iraqi Airways Boeings had their seats removed in order to transport cargo. Special Republican Guard Brigades transported WMD onto the planes.

"'Saddam realized, this time, the Americans are coming,' Mr. Sada said. 'They handed over the weapons of mass destruction to the Syrians.'"

Sada, 65, informed media that by divulging detail he fears for his family's safety. But he feels compelled to tell the facts now that so much has developed, especially since Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Vouching for his honesty is Terry Law, President, World Compassion, Tulsa, Oklahoma, a humanitarian organization. Law stated to the press that he has known Sada, a Christian, since 2002, having spent time in his Sada's in the USA. Law has no doubt that Sada is revealing truth.

"'Do I believe this man? Yes,' Mr. Law said. 'It's been solid down the line and everything checked out. This is not a publicity hound. This is a man who wants peace (while) putting his family on the line.'"

Sada thanks the multinational forces for what they have done to liberate Iraqis from Hussein's hellish reign. He does not consider them as occupiers but liberators. He does not regard Operation Iraqi Freedom as an intrusion but a liberation.

"'They liberated the country and the nation. It is a liberation force. They did a great job,' he said. 'We have been freed.'"

Now Sada will meet with Washington officialdom, particularly the Senate Armed Services Committee select members.

"The book also says that on the eve of the first Gulf War, Saddam was planning to use his air force to launch a chemical weapons attack on Israel."

In April 2004, US Vice President Dick Cheney stated to the press that he had seen reports regarding Hussein's WMD being moved to Syria.

Further, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon on December 23, 2002, stated: "'Chemical and biological weapons which Saddam is endeavoring to conceal have been moved from Iraq to Syria.'" See article in the Fall 2005 Middle East Quarterly .

American press gave those words little aattention since the nation was caught up in Christmas celebrations and vacations.

Syria and Iraq were joined at the hip regarding the Baathism ideology—a mix of Nazism and Marxism.

Syria's own chemical warfare agenda has been of extreme concern to the United States and Israel.

"In March 2004, the director of Central Intelligence, George Tenet, testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee, saying, 'Damascus has an active CW development and testing program that relies on foreign suppliers for key controlled chemicals suitable for producing CW.'

"Mr. Sada is an unusual figure for an Iraqi general as he is a Christian and was not a member of the Baath Party. He now directs the Iraq operations of the Christian humanitarian organization, World Compassion."

Copyright 2006, J. Grant Swank, Jr.
© Copyright 2004-2005 by The Post Chronicle™
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:02:27 PM EDT
It's Bush's fault you know.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:57:17 AM EDT
I refer you back to http://debka.com/article.php?aid=780 "....DEBKAfile went back to its most reliable intelligence sources in the US and the Middle East, some of whom were actively involved in the subject before and during the Iraq war. They all stuck to their guns. As they have consistently informed DEBKAfile and DEBKA-Net-Weekly , Saddam Hussein's unconventional weapons programs were present on the eve of the American-led invasion and quantities of forbidden materials were spirited out to Syria. Whatever Dr. Kay may choose to say now, at least one of these sources knows at first hand that the former ISG director received dates, types of vehicles and destinations covering the transfers of Iraqi WMD to Syria. "

This goes back to 2003 when "A senior intelligence source confirmed this again to DEBKAfile, stressing: “Dr. Kay knows exactly what was contained in the tanker trucks crossing from Iraq into Syria in January 2003. His job gave him access to satellite photos of the convoys; the instruments used by spy planes would have identified dangerous substances and tracked them to their underground nests. There exists a precise record of the movement of chemical and biological substances from Iraq to Syria.”

Armed with this knowledge, Kay was able to say firmly to The Telegraph’s Con Coughlin on January 25: “We are not talking about a large stockpile of weapons. But we know from some of the interrogations of former Iraqi officials that a lot of material went to Syria before the war, including some components of Saddam’s WMD program. Precisely what went to Syria and what has happened to it, is a major issue that needs to be resolved.

Yet in later interviews, the last being on February 1 with Wolf Blitzer on CNN’s Late Edition - and for reasons known only to himself - Kay turned vague, claiming there was no way of knowing what those convoys contained because of the lack of Syrian cooperation. "

.....so-o-o-o.....why are we tip-toeing around the question?

Whether or not these banned materials were still in Iraq is moot. Saddam did have them. He did use them, early and often. He deliberately cultivated the impression that he still had them and would use them again. And that is no different than if I hold up a liquor store with a plastic squirt gun painted to look like an Uzi and the cops shoot me. My fault, not the cops.

and why are we tip-toeing around with Syria?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:00:19 AM EDT
Remember also that Isreal's intelligence told us the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:02:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By arbob:
Don`t hold your breath waiting for Democrats to say Bush was right. They would rather die first. Hey! Now that`s an idea!

I second this motion. All in favor say aye

aye
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:06:40 AM EDT
I am kind of skeptical of this guy. One of the easiest ways to get rich and famous is to tell people what they want to hear.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:10:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:

Originally Posted By arbob:

I second this motion. All in favor say aye

aye

Aye!!!!!! X10,000,000

Perhaps we should use the constitution (or our oath to it) to assist them in meeting their maker....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:11:43 AM EDT
WMD is too vague. What is this WMD you speak of? The chemical weaponry/Technology we supplied Iraq in the mid 80's? Or supposed Nuclear weapon activities? We knew about the chemical weapons...So to me this sounds like more bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:15:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BadCompany:
"Saddam's Secrets," is the name of his recently released book. There details are exposed, according to The New York Sun's Ira Stoll.

Is General Georges Sada a pen name for the Bush Administration?

Any news coverage of this? Seems to me if this came to light Bush would hold an immediate press conference to say "Told you so, told you so... na na na na na..."
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:18:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:27:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KeMiCaLs:
WMD is too vague. What is this WMD you speak of? The chemical weaponry/Technology we supplied Iraq in the mid 80's? Or supposed Nuclear weapon activities? We knew about the chemical weapons...So to me this sounds like more bullshit.

Chemical and Biological weapons are considered WMD in a very serious sense. We supplied traditional weapons and perhaps intelligence sources for Saddam but am very doubtful of your claim of us supplying chemical weaponry/Technology? An sources? References? Some thing to validate your claim besides banter on another website?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:46:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
one mans word....

good enough excuse for me to hit syria now. then iran, then saudi. the we can hold a lottery for the next 3rd world shithole to remove.

Can we hold a lottery to see who runs them after we plow through as well?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:00:44 AM EDT
Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:07:32 AM EDT
Yeah, but that one man was a General..he's not some lowly Saddam hater, hiding in the shadows of Mosul. He was a General in Saddam's Army, I think he might know something. We will see if he has more details to help us find them. The CIA should be all over this guy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:10:33 AM EDT
I sincerly hope that these chem/bio weapons aren't now in the hands of Bin Lamers minions and fixing to be used per his recent tape.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:14:22 AM EDT
If Bush is right it's only in the same way that a broken clock is right twice a day.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:15:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dolanp:
If Bush is right it's only in the same way that a broken clock is right twice a day.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:17:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BenDover:
Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Yeah just not under Bush.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:17:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:19:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BenDover:

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:19:15 AM EDT

La-la-la-la-I'm-still-not-listening-la-la-la-la...

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:25:50 AM EDT
So now the theory is Bush knows they're in Syria? Guess we'll have annihilated the entire Middle East before we actually find them. Not that the crusaders would complain about that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:26:33 AM EDT
Book reviews: Publishers Weekly Amazon

Shok
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:31:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dolanp:
So now the theory is Bush knows they're in Syria? Guess we'll have annihilated the entire Middle East before we actually find them. Not that the crusaders would complain about that.

Syria lost tons of CWs when Jordon foiled a chemical attack.
Who know how much they got left?

There's only one way to find out, Operation Syrian Freedom!

Shok
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:42:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 11:42:56 AM EDT by A_Free_Man]
One thing that bothers me about that article, and most news... the constant references to "Mr. Bush" rather than his proper title, President Bush. The Democrats, led by Michael Moore, started this, denying he was the properly elected President.

I don't remember former President Gerald Ford ever referred to as "Mr. Ford". Nor Mr. Kennedy, Mr. Carter, Mr. Reagan, Mr. Clinton. But it is OK to say "Mr. Bush"?

The left wing bias is clearly inflitrated in most all news media these days.

And he is PRESIDENT BUSH!

My rant for the day.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:54:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 12:00:14 PM EDT by The_Macallan]

Originally Posted By A_Free_Man:
One thing that bothers me about that article, and most news... the constant references to "Mr. Bush" rather than his proper title, President Bush. The Democrats, led by Michael Moore, started this, denying he was the properly elected President.

I don't remember former President Gerald Ford ever referred to as "Mr. Ford". Nor Mr. Kennedy, Mr. Carter, Mr. Reagan, Mr. Clinton. But it is OK to say "Mr. Bush"?

The left wing bias is clearly inflitrated in most all news media these days.

And he is PRESIDENT BUSH!

My rant for the day.

I believe that, when writing or speaking about the President in the third person form, it is proper to refer to the President of the USA by his official title in the first occurance of his name (i.e. "President Bush"), and then afterwards it is appropriate to refer to him by the less formal title of "Mr. Bush" or simply as "the President".

I could be wrong though.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:54:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:58:51 AM EDT
So they loaded up some civilian planes with the seats removed and shipped some (otherwise undescribed) WMD to Syria. So far, so good.

But how did they effectively remove any trace of everything related to them, like production facilities, storage facilities, paperwork, etc.?
Top Top