Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/7/2005 10:45:13 PM EDT
I just seen a post where somebody was burnin DVD's and recomended the www.supermediastore.com for DVD cases. He said he got 100 of them for $25 shipped. Well, I just went there and looked at thier site, and they have them 50% off!!!! 100 cases shipped for $13.50.
Just passing this along to anybody who needs em!!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:01:22 PM EDT
Cool!

That + their 100pk of 8x DVD+R disks for $26.40 should keep my netflix account busy for a while
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:35:15 PM EDT
I need cheap DL media.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:05:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Specop_007:
I need cheap DL media.

Me too. Until then...I'll suffer along with the single-layer stuff.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:21:09 AM EDT
Yeah I ordered the 100 pack for $25 delivered, then like two days later they had em buy one get one free so 200 for $25, now they're $13 for 100, figures....

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with them. My box got slightly beat up so one or two of the cases on one end had some small cracks, but that's where having 100 is nice...

I've been going to www.cdcovers.cc and downloading the front jacket/covers for the cases, and printing them out with the coverXP program also on that sight (that prints the actual cd labels, the covers, etc, lots of preset templates built-in), prints the covers out nice and easy onto regular paper, cut em out to fit and slip em in the cases. Looks great...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:33:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AR-15Fan:
Yeah I ordered the 100 pack for $25 delivered, then like two days later they had em buy one get one free so 200 for $25, now they're $13 for 100, figures....

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with them. My box got slightly beat up so one or two of the cases on one end had some small cracks, but that's where having 100 is nice...

I've been going to www.cdcovers.cc and downloading the front jacket/covers for the cases, and printing them out with the coverXP program also on that sight (that prints the actual cd labels, the covers, etc, lots of preset templates built-in), prints the covers out nice and easy onto regular paper, cut em out to fit and slip em in the cases. Looks great...

Nice link
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:37:39 AM EDT
I just go to the cover site, save the jpeg to my desk top and print it like anything else. They are sized to fit the cases. Sure is nice being able to tell what movie is where in the pile!!!! Never tried the cover xp program. What is it?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:18:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 5:20:27 PM EDT by AR-15Fan]
Eh you may not need it for the covers, I got it to print out the actual DVD face label, which they sell self adhesive labels for that stick on the face of the CD (best buy, etc has em). With cover XP, assuming you're cropped the image to remove any extra white space, it will take the DVD label and size it properly to work on various brand template sheets, I was using Neato CD/DVD labels...

Now that I think of it a few of the case cover images I got there weren't all the same size, so I think it will resize improperly sized ones too...

To save on ink I've actually been pulling the cover images up in a graphics program and removing everything except the main title on the front flap and the spine of the case so I can see what's what in a stack... I think I'd have drained a couple ink cartridges already without doing that...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:20:22 PM EDT
Im uncivilized, I just put them back on the spindle.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:23:24 PM EDT
tagged
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:32:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 5:35:07 PM EDT by hanau]

Originally Posted By AR-15Fan:

To save on ink I've actually been pulling the cover images up in a graphics program and removing everything except the main title on the front flap and the spine of the case so I can see what's what in a stack... I think I'd have drained a couple ink cartridges already without doing that...

get a brother 1440 laser printer cheap good printers,i printed out over 500 full front dvd covers black and white.still using the orginal 3000 page toner cartridge.

office depot

also get away from the dvd cases if you backup alot of movies to much space.get a cd binder,and a 3 ring binder for the covers numbering the disk and the corrasponding cover in the 3 ring binder.put the covers in page protectors before you put them in the ring binder.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:42:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:44:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities

this is all for archiving personally owned media right guys.

nothing illegal, just archiving .
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:48:14 PM EDT
cdcovers.cc rocks. been using them for about 2 weeks now.

eBay has a seller for 100 DVD cases bascially for free plus $19.99 shipping.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:50:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 5:50:42 PM EDT by hanau]

Originally Posted By FanoftheBlackRifle:
Cool!

That + their 100pk of 8x DVD+R disks for $26.40

has anyone tried these disk yet?
i been getting 30-pack 8x+r memorex for $18 from walmart.
Top Top