Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2013 3:59:13 PM EDT

http://www.examiner.com/article/burlington-councilor-reveals-goal-is-to-end-preemption-vermont

In a candid admission that his goal is to provide a lead for other cities to follow, a key member of the Burlington council made it clear that he is intent on imposing citizen disarmament edicts on all Vermonters, the Vermont Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs reported Friday.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Them hippies love their freedoms. I doubt that will end well for the council
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Anecdotal, and on the opposite side of the country, both the sitting and previous mayors of Seattle have been trying to get WA's state preemption of firearms laws overturned for years.

It is premised on banning CCW in parks, but would allow him much more, like imposing an AWB within city limits, no respect for a concealed pistol license issued outside of Seattle, and change that from being a "shall-issue" to "may-issue" (and not likely to happen, unless you were a significant political donor of his, I suppose) for city residents.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Them hippies love their freedoms. I doubt that will end well for the council

View Quote

Don't piss off the natives.

Lotsa backhoes and woods in VT.

Jus' Sayin'

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm getting sick of these damned commies trying to grab the guns any pussy way they can think of. Come and take 'em motherfuckers!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
How many of these fuckers originated in NYC?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How many of these fuckers originated in NYC?
View Quote

Funny that you should ask: Seattle's current mayor is a Sierra clubber, has been a congressional staffer for a (D) from Oregon, and a lawyer, from Long Island NY. yay.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top