Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/1/2005 6:24:44 PM EDT
McDonald's Worker Accused Of Spitting In Officer's Pop
Teen Recently Arrested On Suspicion Of Drunken Driving, Police Say

POSTED: 7:24 p.m. EDT August 1, 2005
UPDATED: 7:52 p.m. EDT August 1, 2005

Story by Click On Detroit

TRENTON, Mich. -- An employee at a McDonald's restaurant in Trenton has been accused of spitting into a police officer's soft drink, Local 4 reported.

Officer Mark Miller, of the Trenton Police Department, said he ordered a Diet Coke at the drive-thru window when he noticed two employees snickering as they handed it over to him, the station reported.

Miller took the lid off of the beverage before drinking it and found what appeared to be saliva in the cup.

"My inspection revealed a foreign substance on top of the beverage surface," said Miller. "I returned to the police station, processed the pop as evidence."

McDonald's fired a 17-year-old female employee from the restaurant.

"(McDonald's) acted promptly. They took charge and we don't expect it to happen again," said Deputy Chief Rob Smith, of the Trenton Police Department.

The 17-year-old is expected to be charged with food tampering, the station reported.

Police said the teen may have targeted the officer because she was recently arrested in Grosse Ile on suspicion of drunken driving.

Miller said he doesn't plan to go back through the drive-thru at the Trenton McDonald's.

The owner of the restaurant issued a statement on Monday, saying, "I want to assure my customers that the actions of this employee do not reflect the values of my restaurant and appropriate action has been taken."
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
"It's for a cop"

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]
"My inspection revealed a foreign substance on top of the beverage surface," said Miller. "I returned to the police station, processed the pop as evidence."

Your tax dollars at work.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
If 2 were snickering, it sounds like at least 2 should be unemployed....

Woody
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#5]
"Ding-dong! May I interject for a second? As a Burger Shack employee for the past three years, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that if you're craving White Castle, the burgers here just don't cut it. In fact, just thinking about those tender little White Castle burgers with those little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one... just makes me want to burn this motherfucker down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this motherfucker down! Come on, Pookie! Let's burn it, Pookie! Let's burn this motherfucker down! Let's burn it down! Let's burn it! So you guys maybe should just suck it up and go to White Castle."
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Dumb kids never learn.

1) If you're underage and you get popped with alcohol, you're gonna face some trouble. Butch up. It's either a call to the folks, or a punishment that can get sealed/expunged when you turn 22.

2) Don't try to wage a one person war with the PD that busted you when you were busy f*ing up. You're gonna lose - usually less as a result of "The Man™ keepin' you down" than by your own compunded stupidity.

Have fun in juvie, bimbo.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I always bought a sealed drink at the local stop and rob.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#8]
HAHAHA...Holy crap.  This is the city where I live.  That officer is the guy who used to do the DARE program at my school when I was little.  He used to show us his duty weapon and take the rounds out of it and let the kids check it out, which was great to us.  I don't eat McDonalds but I go through that drive-thru maybe twice a week getting food for my family.  

Bunch of savages in this town.

"I don't want a large Farva I want a liter of cola!!!"
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If 2 were snickering, it sounds like at least 2 should be unemployed....

Woody

+1

Exactly

HH
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wow...I just can't believe it.  You'd think they know better by now.

It's 'coke', not pop.  Geez.

Any cop who is not proactive in this area is stupid.

Never ever order food/drink where you can't see it being prepared if you are in uniform.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#13]
If cops knew how many times their food was messed with...

It happens far more often than they can imagine. Everybody I've known that worked in a restaurant had cop stories. Some were very inventive.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I am NOT politically correct!!!!!!!!!!!!
Question No. 1:  What was the race of the police officer?

Question No. 2:  What was the race of the burger joint employee?

I need further iformation.  Thank you kindly!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#16]
remind me of when i waqs younger- one of my friends worked at a denny's restaurant in ely, nevada and a narcotics officer came in and my buddy the cook wiped his ass with the guys bun. one shit burger coming up .
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Can I get a liter of cola?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Give that bitch the rubber hose!

In all seriousness she should be beaten, not because she spit in a cops drink, but because she spit in someone's/anyone's cup.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Notice that the burger girl didnt even retaliate against the cop who arrested her drunk ass.  or even another cop from the same agency.  She just picked a guy out at random based on his occupation.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#22]
The people who handle our food are the lowest of the working class. Many are emotionally disturbed or have criminal records. Theone who are fast food workers are...Well, you get the drift.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

This has more to do with tention between an unruley teen and a police officer than the race of each.

What are you infering?

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Wonder if I suspected someone spitting in my drink, I could bring it to the local PD and have it processed as evidence.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd like to reserve judgement until we hear her side of the story.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The people who handle our food are the lowest of the working class. Many are emotionally disturbed or have criminal records. Theone who are fast food workers are...Well, you get the drift.

Only a little bit.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd like to reserve judgement until we hear her side of the story.

"A fuckin' pig arrested me when I wasn't doin' nuttin'!  He fuckin' deserved it!"

Your judgement is . . . ?

Hey, we always say that about the cops, why the double standard?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#31]
His side:  I ordered and noticed a foreign substance in the cup. WTF?!?

Her side: Its my period. I hate every person who is an authority figure since I can't understand why a little booze and the highway don't mix.  I'll simply act immaturely and get busted again. That'll look good on my record when I get before the judge.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#32]
This thread reminded me way too much of Super Troopers.

indeed
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

In OH it's pop...when I moved to VA, no one had a clue what I was saying...one of my friends just laughed at me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In OH it's pop...when I moved to VA, no one had a clue what I was saying...one of my friends just laughed at me.

Of course it's "coke" and it was measured in liters. Haven't you ever seen "super troopers"?

"I want a liter of coke."
"Excuse me?"
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Notice that the burger girl didnt even retaliate against the cop who arrested her drunk ass.  or even another cop from the same agency.  She just picked a guy out at random based on his occupation.

That's why as an LEO you never, ever order/eat food you don't see prepared right in front of you.

NEVER/EVER.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
remind me of when i waqs younger- one of my friends worked at a denny's restaurant in ely, nevada and a narcotics officer came in and my buddy the cook wiped his ass with the guys bun. one shit burger coming up .

Yeah.. then, when I worked at this wing place...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any cop who is not proactive in this area is stupid.

Never ever order food/drink where you can't see it being prepared if you are in uniform.

When i used to work at Bk i used to give the cops in uniform free food everytime
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

The girl was most likely this trashy looking hispanic girl that works there.  Somewhat hot but probably  has the hiv by the looks of her.  The cop is a middle-aged white guy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#40]
The reason I am curious--------------When Jesse Jackson was waiting tables many years ago--------Jesse used to spit in the food of white folk.  Just curious.  As a matter of fact , if  I remember correctly-----he (Jesse) admitted such in his biography.  Rather proud of it also.  A horrible example to black youngsters.  Shame on Jesse.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

dude, good for him,  it's exactly how I'd have done it too except I'd have probably arrested her as well.  Spitting in a drink is bullshit. If you are pissed, spit on the cop that arrested you and see how it goes but don't spit on some poor guys drink later....

hope she gets a heavy fine.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

If my tax dollars were used for that, the officer has my blessing. Hell, I'd send it to a lab and see if they could test the saliva for anything else to bust her on.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:05:08 AM EDT
[#43]
+1 for the cop.  Messing with someone's food is the worst.

Now to find a way to make the punishment fit the crime.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
+1 for the cop.  Messing with someone's food is the worst.

Now to find a way to make the punishment fit the crime.

If the worker should happen to be HIV it should be attempted murder.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Wonder if I suspected someone spitting in my drink, I could bring it to the local PD and have it processed as evidence.

A fast food worker?  Yup.  Your 6 year old? Probably not.

BTW:  It's not "Coke" or "POP" it's "Soda".
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
"Ding-dong! May I interject for a second? As a Burger Shack employee for the past three years, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that if you're craving White Castle, the burgers here just don't cut it. In fact, just thinking about those tender little White Castle burgers with those little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one... just makes me want to burn this motherfucker down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this motherfucker down! Come on, Pookie! Let's burn it, Pookie! Let's burn this motherfucker down! Let's burn it down! Let's burn it! So you guys maybe should just suck it up and go to White Castle."

WTF?    

I think those burgers have gone to your head.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If my tax dollars were used for that, the officer has my blessing. Hell, I'd send it to a lab and see if they could test the saliva for anything else to bust her on.

Well, she DID voluntarily submit a saliva sample to the officer in question.

WING HUNT!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I call it "pop" or "soda pop"

Pop seems to be a Midwest term.

Av.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:55:43 AM EDT
[#49]
What is really funny here is that folks here think it only happens to police.

If you happen to wear a favorite football shirt into a place  where the cook does not like your team, or you are remembered as a lousy tipper/ pushy customer,  you'll get something a little extra too.

It's a pretty common thing.  Bang your car door into the manager's ride and you'll find your cheeseburger tastes a little bit like dish soap.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I call it "pop" or "soda pop"

Pop seems to be a Midwest term.

Av.

I must be a little off. I call it soda.  Maybe I should head to White Castle for a 30-pack of burgers to redeem myself.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top