Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 12:22:28 PM EDT
I just found out I can bump fire my ar7 explorer pistol. 25 rd mag gone in 2 seconds.

Time to hit wholesale hunter for some cases of mini mags.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Care to demonstrate or explain how?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Care to demonstrate or explain how?

I just hold the barrel ( I have a full shroud on it) and do it like you do an AR or Ak. Had the pistol for years and today did it by accident.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I think we need to see video.....
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I never understood exactly how bumpfiring works anyway.

So, how does one "bumpfire"?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just found out I can bump fire my ar7 explorer pistol. 25 rd mag gone in 2 seconds.

Time to hit wholesale hunter for some cases of mini mags.

Guy I shoot with showed me how to 'bump' my .22 AR… the Range Officer went ballistic!

ANdy
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I never understood exactly how bumpfiring works anyway.

So, how does one "bumpfire"?

stick your thumb through the trigger gaurd and hook your thumb onto your pocket. lightly pull the rifle forwards. with the right amount of forward pressure the gun will fire, recoil will kick it back, and your constant forward pressure will make it fire again. repeat for 28 more rounds
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I've often wondered if it would be possible to do it with my 10/22. I still don't know.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I can make my .22 shoot just as fast as a full auto.

All I have to do is hold the stock in my left hand, take the trigger finger of my right hand... insert into the trigger guard... then rock my finger back and forth inside the trigger guard as fast as I can.

I can do the same thing with most any semi-auto firearm.  Some are harder due to trigger weight, etc.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Weird. I was laying in bed this morning staring at the ceiling and wondering if you could do it  (bumpfiring ya' perverts!) with a .22.

I thought no way, there wouldn't be enough recoil energy.

Guess I was wrong. Again.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I imagine since it's a pistol, the weight's not a problem.  If it were a bull-barreled target rifle, I don't think it'd work so well.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top