Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 5:11:56 PM EDT
How exactly is this accomplished?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
You simply have to be an irresponsible shooter.  Then use the incorrect finger to aimlessly spray and pray.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You simply have to be an irresponsible shooter.  Then use the incorrect finger to aimlessly spray and pray.

+1

I hate bumpfiring.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I hate bumpfiring.

Yeah, but the "Uber_Tactical" crowd will flame shortly about how cool shooting from the hip is and how they are "Superior" or some senless drivel like that.  Bump firing is GAY.  If you cannot go class III buy a whammer.  Better yet, just be a responsible gun owner and avoid the ganster hype.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]
All my bump fireing is done from the shoulder and is accurate!!!

foxxz.net/albums/album03/Mike_bump.avi
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I was only curious about the physics/mechanics of the process. What exactly causes a semi-auto sear to trip repeatedly....not if you believed it was responsible or not
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

All I saw was a bunch of muzzle climb.  That was accurate maybe to 15 feet.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can place nice clumps of fire in a human size target at 25 yards.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was only curious about the physics/mechanics of the process. What exactly causes a semi-auto sear to trip repeatedly....not if you believed it was responsible or not

OK, it's not accurate and it's a waste of ammo. Now that that's out of the way...

...it's also alot of damn fun. I've done it many times with my AR, and have done it safely. It's not like an AR has a bunch of recoil, so your not going to be spraying bullets all over the place. It's not hard to keep them within 10 feet or so. There's no practical use purpose to it, other than pure unadulterated fun - which is as valid a reason as any.

Here's how it works: You place a relatively stationary object (like your thumb hooked to a beltloop) in front of the trigger through the trigger guard. If you pull the rifle forward slightly, you will cause the hammer to fall, thus firing a round. The recoil of the rifle will bring the rifle back some, and the trigger will reset. Since you are maintaining slight forward pressure on the rifle with your non-firing hand, the trigger will be pulled again immediately. Repeat until out of ammo. It's the recoil that makes this work. It's kind of tricky on my 20" HBAR, and much easier on a lighter M4gery of sorts. Rifles like Garands, AK's, SKS's, etc are much easier at first, becuase the recoil is much greater. The trick on some AR's is not using too much forward pressure with your non-firing hand. If you do, the recoil will not be sufficient to reset the trigger.

Try it sometime where there's PLENTY of space and you won't attract too much attention.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats great in all....but how about something on how it is accomplished with a semi-auto
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, it's not accurate and it's a waste of ammo. Now that that's out of the way...

...it's also alot of damn fun. I've done it many times with my AR, and have done it safely. It's not like an AR has a bunch of recoil, so your not going to be spraying bullets all over the place. It's not hard to keep them within 10 feet or so. There's no practical use purpose to it, other than pure unadulterated fun - which is as valid a reason as any.

Here's how it works: You place a relatively stationary object (like your thumb hooked to a beltloop) in front of the trigger through the trigger guard. If you pull the rifle forward slightly, you will cause the hammer to fall, thus firing a round. The recoil of the rifle will bring the rifle back some, and the trigger will reset. Since you are maintaining slight forward pressure on the rifle with your non-firing hand, the trigger will be pulled again immediately. Repeat until out of ammo. It's the recoil that makes this work. It's kind of tricky on my 20" HBAR, and much easier on a lighter M4gery of sorts. Rifles like Garands, AK's, SKS's, etc are much easier at first, becuase the recoil is much greater. The trick on some AR's is not using too much forward pressure with your non-firing hand. If you do, the recoil will not be sufficient to reset the trigger.

Try it sometime where there's PLENTY of space and you won't attract too much attention.

thanks...makes some sense. But, how would the guy in the vid accomplish this from the shoulder?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats great in all....but how about something on how it is accomplished with a semi-auto

I shoulder the weapon as normal, but hold the rifle about two inches away from my shoulder, place two fingers in the trigger guard(all other fingers are touching nothing), hold my right arm and fingers as steady as possible.  Then pull the rifle away from me with my left arm.

This only works with a light trigger.  The olympic in 45 ACP in the video has a fairly light, but standard trigger.  With one of my other AR's with a 3lb Jard trigger, I can dump an entire mag of 223 very quickly, and yes, still pretty accurate at about 25 yards.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#12]
What the F is wrong with bump-firing?  If you know what you're doing it's not irresponsible.  It's inaccurate as hell, but it's fun.  What is this about "gangsta style"?  How else do you bump-fire?

There is nothing wrong with bump-firing, and anyone who thinks there is is as bad as the anti-black rifle bolt-gunners.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You don't own an AR.  And I'm willing to wager that you've never operated FA either.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Has one ever been able to bumb with a HBAR, I have a dissy HBAR and cannot seem to bumb it
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I can damn near get any semi-auto in centerfire to bump-fire.
I even got a Saiga 12 gauge to bump-fire using slugs.

Quoted:
Has one ever been able to bumb with a HBAR, I have a dissy HBAR and cannot seem to bumb it

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can bumb a 75 round drum with my vepr (everyone at the range thinks its full auto) but cant seem to do it with my AR
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I can. Note my above post that mentions my 20" HBAR. Easy on the forward pressure. Takes practice.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I havent gotten it right yet.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I can bump AK's and my Beretta Storm like a mofo, but the AR eludes me for whatever reason.

I was at a shoot recently and a guy there was bumping an M1Garand, a CETME & a Para FAL. Pretty cool. 1919's bump pretty good too if they're on the right mount.

I don't think there's a thing at all wrong with it, providing you do it safely. It's fun, harms nothing. I don't claim it's a useful technique for anything but making me smile and pissing off the uptight gun crowd.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can bumb a 75 round drum with my vepr (everyone at the range thinks its full auto) but cant seem to do it with my AR

BUMP

Sorry, had to do it.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'd like to see 25 round drums for the saiga shotguns.
It'd make them full-scale wicked.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#23]
bumpfiring? an amusing little game the peasants play. get a class iii.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#24]

"The Uzi nine millimetah..."
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#25]
So someone explain how you bumpfire a 1911 (or other pistol of your choice)
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:24:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Tagged for later comment .
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:26:56 AM EDT
[#27]

I think it is kind of fun, but accomplishes nothing and is very inaccurate.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:49:41 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I saw in another thread where a moderator banned you.  I guess that means you're a hoodlum - especially with controversial comments like that.

I honestly get a kick out of bump firing my XM15E2S.  I could care less if its accurate!  As Barrett says, "Pardon our noise, we're exercising our freedom!"

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:54:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[]

Boosh -

YOu OBVIOUSLY have NEVER fired a full auto firearm.

The muzzleclimb shown in the vid is the MINIMUUM you would get with ANY SMG.

And I'm not even into bumping.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:10:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Class III = a serf following tyranny's whim.

Who's the peasant, Benedict?

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:19:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Peasants can't afford class III.  Thats why we play.  And when a guy with several class III's comes down the range to talk with me about my machine guns, and I tell him I am bump firing my $600 AR...from the shoulder.....in aimed bursts......, I truly enjoy the expression on his face.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was another thread a few weeks ago on this subject.  Here are a couple of video clips someone posted.  Looks pretty damn accurate to me.  I especially like the end of the second one where the guy beats a FA in a race.

www.crinamex.com/ar9mm.wmv

www.crinamex.com/bumpclip.wmv
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

A simple explaination is that bump firing is method over mechanics.

When a weapon is fired in the conventional sense- the firearm itself is stationary and the trigger moves.

When a weapon is bump fired, the opposite of the conventional takes place.  The trigger is held stationary and the firearm moves.  The high rate of fire is possible as the recoil of the weapon aids in the movement of the firearm.

Sly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top