Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/17/2013 7:25:49 PM EDT
Apart from being too fucking expensive some of them seem pretty cool like the TAVOR & FS2000.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Really hard to argue with the size of the package compared to even an SBR, and no stamp required, plus full length barrel for full horsepower.
You might want to have a look at a Steyr, if they are to be had.
Moon
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#2]
FS2000 reallly catches my fancy..............................................................................being a lefty

The plastic rails turnned me off thoe
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I finally picked up a AUG last summer because it's such a sexy bitch. Just dropped coin for a 16" BBL, it is a handy little thing and shoots far better then I expected.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
A friend has an FS2000, I'd lkke it alright if it could use mags other than USGI, he did something to the trigger and it isn't bad. I had an AUG until about 1995, it was short & handy, but the donut reticle sucked, and the trigger was even worse.

They aren't anywhere near as ergonomic & quick to change mags as an AR, but they have a place. If you could have a really nice trigger in one, and the controls were as ergonomic as the AR I'd love them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an MSAR STG 556 E4 that I love, short, accurate, almost no recoil, and takes standard AR mags (including Pmags), what's not to love.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#7]
My only (functional) bullpup is my RFB.  Where else will you get 20rd of semi .308 in such a small package?

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have an MSAR STG 556 E4 that I love, short, accurate, almost no recoil, and takes standard AR mags (including Pmags), what's not to love.

No reliability problems?

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Silver Not all come with plastic rails. My father's is metal it came that way i believe but also Fn sells a tactical fore-end thats aluminum.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#10]
gay
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#11]
OP nailed it.  I'd have a couple if the prices were on par with an AR with similar features (16" barrel, etc.)  Same reason I don't have SCAR17 or a Masada (whatever Remington/Bushmaster renamed it anyway...)
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No reliability problems?

When I first got it, it did not like anything but p mag, sent it in and they replaced the mag release, not a problem since.  Loves steel cased ammo.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#13]
My MSAR takes proprietary mags, but it's gone bang every damn time I've shot it.
The trigger isn't bad, and I can live with the optic.
Moon
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Sick, my next gun
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
gay

We all know you hate bullpups because you're uncoordinated and can't figure out what to do with your hands...
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#16]
not worth the coin.
If you are door kicking or doing PSD out of vehicles, they have some validity.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

FS2000 reallly catches my fancy..............................................................................being a lefty

The plastic rails turnned me off thoe

The rails are metal.

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#18]

I have never, ever had the desire to own one, until I saw the Tavor.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A friend has an FS2000, I'd lkke it alright if it could use mags other than USGI, he did something to the trigger and it isn't bad. I had an AUG until about 1995, it was short & handy, but the donut reticle sucked, and the trigger was even worse.

They aren't anywhere near as ergonomic & quick to change mags as an AR, but they have a place. If you could have a really nice trigger in one, and the controls were as ergonomic as the AR I'd love them.

E-lander mags work to as far as i can tell. Havent used them alot just a few times though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#20]
All the energy of a decent round is wasted as noise.  The more noise it makes, the more energy escaped that didn't push the bullet.

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Last fall I was giving serious thought to selling my beloved Israeli light-barrel FAL and replacing it with a "Tactical Tuna" aka FS2000. I couldn't quite work myself up to actually do it, and I kinda' regret it now. Being a lefty bullpup-lover I was eyeballing the MSAR last summer but I heard less-than-stellar things about it and its reliability.

It's a moot point now, I guess.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

gay

If I baby poop painted it would you like it then?

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
All the energy of a decent round is wasted as noise.  The more noise it makes, the more energy escaped that didn't push the bullet.

Do you even know what you're saying?  Bullpups have much longer barrels than their standard counterparts of similar size.

My RFB is 27" long and has an 18" barrel.
My target .308 AR is a good 10-12" longer at normal settings and only has a 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#24]
i love my MSAR augs. great guns. small as hell. !  

16" aug, compared to a 10" sbr

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I really like the idea of a bullpup, and was seriously considering the FS2000 the last time I walked into a gunshow.  I held one, and it just felt...clunky, I guess.  I couldn't justify spending the money on it given how awkward it felt just playing around with it at the show.

I feel like there's a design out there, or will be someday, that I'm going to finally run across and fall in love with.  It just hasn't happened yet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you even know what you're saying?  Bullpups have much longer barrels than their standard counterparts of similar size.

My target .308 AR is a good 10-12" longer and only has a 16" barrel.

I actually did after I posted that.  I realized the concept of a bullpup rifle is to have the end of the rifle barrel all the way back to your shoulder, instead of in front of your eye, but what I said is still true.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

? My AUG with a 20" barrel is shorter then my AR is with a 16" barrel. [With stock extended in the position I use]
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I really like the idea of a bullpup, and was seriously considering the FS2000 the last time I walked into a gunshow.  I held one, and it just felt...clunky, I guess.  I couldn't justify spending the money on it given how awkward it felt just playing around with it at the show.

I feel like there's a design out there, or will be someday, that I'm going to finally run across and fall in love with.  It just hasn't happened yet.

The F2000 is a fat fish of a gun  The AUG pattern rifles are slimmer, as is the Tavor.

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

? My AUG with a 20" barrel is shorter then my AR is with a 16" barrel. [With stock extended in the position I use]

I know, I messed my shit all up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What??

So my 16" barrel MSAR has less muzzle velocity than my 16" barrel AR?
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What??

Yes. Because of noise. It's science.

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I have FN and MSAR bullpups. I like 'em,some don't. Maybe I just got a really good one but my STG is an exceptionally well made gun and I've had good luck with it. I only have about 150 rounds through the FN,no knocks on the gun just not enough time to shoot em when my rifle shooting window is a couple hours 1 day per week.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I want a TAVOR
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#34]
not sure if it would be considered a bullpup, but I really want a PS90 some day.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

THIS IS GD, THERE IS NO PLACE FOR SCIENCE HERE!
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I will have a Tavor.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What??

Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Really hard to argue with the size of the package compared to even an SBR, and no stamp required, plus full length barrel for full horsepower.

Yep.

A long barrel also burns most of the powder inside the barrel - which means less muzzle flash - and can be quieter, too.

I like the low barrel location that most bullpups have. Moving the barrel's centerline down closer to your shoulder is good for reducing muzzle rise. It's not an ideal arrangement for iron sights...but I'm a red dot guy anyway.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What??

Heat is energy waves.   Sound is energy waves.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
i love my MSAR augs. great guns. small as hell. !  

16" aug, compared to a 10" sbr

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/buck19delta/sbr_vs_bullpup_2.jpg

I run my EMOD all the way in like in the picture. The length to the trigger on the AUG is too damn much.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What??

And bullshit is smell waves.

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
not sure if it would be considered a bullpup, but I really want a PS90 some day.

It is, despite the funky magazine layout. The chamber is still behind the trigger.

I'd like one, but I'd have to pay $200 on top of everything and wait a while to be happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I run my EMOD all the way in like in the picture. The length to the trigger on the AUG is too damn much.

You either have rhinoceros shoulders or T-rex arms...
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually did after I posted that.  I realized the concept of a bullpup rifle is to have the end of the rifle barrel all the way back to your shoulder, instead of in front of your eye, but what I said is still true.

that makes no damned sense.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is, despite the funky magazine layout. The chamber is still behind the trigger.

I'd like one, but I'd have to pay $200 on top of everything and wait a while to be happy with it.

Plus feed it.  And short of the breaking your ammo budget or reloading finicky 5.7, you're stuck with varmint projectiles.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What??

And bullshit is smell waves.

Typical literary arts major.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that makes no damned sense.

It's because you don't have the knowlege and experience.  It's as simple as that.

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus feed it.  And short of the breaking your ammo budget or reloading finicky 5.7, you're stuck with varmint projectiles.

Which would still do a number on paper and tin cans.  If shit were to hit the fan I'm still grabbing an AR, my muscles know how to use it best.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's because you don't have the knowlege and experience.  It's as simple as that.

Says the guy who didn't know what the heck a bullpup rifle was, but tried to comment on their shortcomings anyway...

But yes, shorter barrel = lower velocity and more blast.
We all know that, there's nothing magical about it, and it shouldn't require explanation.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top