Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/29/2002 6:16:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/30/2002 8:45:04 AM EST by SWS]
My version. [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf01.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf02.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf03.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf04.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf1.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf3.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf4.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:18:27 PM EST
[img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf5.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf6.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf7.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf8.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf9.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf92.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf10.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:25:00 PM EST
Are those Illinois Nazis? I hate Illinois Nazis [url]www.nederpoparchief.nl/bluesbrothers/nazis.wav[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:33:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By SWS: [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf92.jpg[/img]
View Quote
"The Last ride of Bonnie and Clyde"
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:36:55 PM EST
Hey... does anyone remember where I parked? Oh, nevermind.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:42:08 PM EST
Originally Posted By SWS: [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf92.jpg[img]
View Quote
Swiss fuc&^%$0 cheese!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:47:08 PM EST
SWEEEEET
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:48:00 PM EST
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fbf3%2Ejpg[/img] I did'nt know our moderators were having a meeting there. [img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/nogood.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:54:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/29/2002 6:55:26 PM EST by Sukebe]
Originally Posted By SWS: [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf10.jpg[/img]
View Quote
After years of research cloaked in secrecy. The American Council on Plastics introduces bullet proof water bottles. First shipments are expected to be delivered to our troops in Afghanistan. Here is a recent test photo.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:13:01 PM EST
You guys should have given those 50cals something more suitable as a target. In picture 2 I see some heavy machinery off in the distance, should of done a 180 degree turn around and let the 50s loose on those bit yellow haulers :) I bet that would be a challenge for the 50s, about the right distance and more than enough thickness with regards to steel :) And I'm sure atleast one or two other people that day made a joke or two about it, if not atleast I can be happy being the first to suggest something rediculously smartassed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:21:00 PM EST
Originally Posted By SPECTRE: [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fbf3%2Ejpg[/img] I did'nt know our moderators were having a meeting there. [img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/nogood.gif[/img]
View Quote
Did I miss something here? Why would u dress up as Nazi's?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:33:59 PM EST
Campy put on a GREAT event!! THANK YOU!! Wonder how many people still feel safe using a car for cover??
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:58:46 PM EST
Hehe, those aren't people dressed up in Nazi uniforms, those are targets!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:05:08 PM EST
Originally Posted By Sukebe:
View Quote
After years of research cloaked in secrecy. The American Council on Plastics introduces bullet proof water bottles. First shipments are expected to be delivered to our troops in Afghanistan. Here is a recent test photo.
View Quote
Thats one hard to hit bowling pin...
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:08:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By MurderSHO45:
Originally Posted By SPECTRE: [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fbf3%2Ejpg[/img] I did'nt know our moderators were having a meeting there. [img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/nogood.gif[/img]
View Quote
Who invited the ATF?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:20:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By Lord_Grey_Boots:
Originally Posted By Sukebe:
View Quote
View Quote
Thats one hard to hit bowling pin...
View Quote
It's one of those new gag pins. You sneak one into the rack and it is impossible to hit. Promises crack them up in league night. It's still under developement.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:47:58 AM EST
The last of my good ones: [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf001.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf002.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf003.jpg[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf004.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:07:51 AM EST
I am the German in the middle of the row. If any of you children were old enough for your parents to let you borrow the car, you would have been there, and known that we were there to do a weapons demonstartion for a WWII German rifle squad. We do public reenactments all over the country. We were promoting an up comming public D-Day invasion on lake Erie to bring recognition for the veterins of the battle. We do a lot of promotion for WWII vets. Vets of all sides in the war. We bring them together after the battles, and have them talk with each other and the public. This is called education in the form of entertainment. We are not Nazi's, it is 100% non political. It is no different than civil war reenacting. You do not criticize the confederates, so why would you criticize us. We portray a period in history. You would not flame the guys dressed up as G.I.'s would you? If we were not there to beat up on at every event, they wouldn't have one to play with. BTW, WWII reenacting is larger than civil war reenacting now. Know what you are talking about before you prove how close-minded you are. No we are not Ill. Germans, those guys are a little stuck on themselves. If anyone has an inteligent question about this please e-mail me. And yes, I do realize that some of the comments were not attacks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:17:39 AM EST
Where did you find WW2 German uniforms in such good shape? Thanks to all vetrans this 4th of July, if you cherish your freedom, thank a vet.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:24:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By obershutze916: I am the German in the middle of the row. If any of you children were old enough for your parents to let you borrow the car, you would have been there, and known that we were there to do a weapons demonstartion for a WWII German rifle squad. We do public reenactments all over the country. We were promoting an up comming public D-Day invasion on lake Erie to bring recognition for the veterins of the battle. We do a lot of promotion for WWII vets. Vets of all sides in the war. We bring them together after the battles, and have them talk with each other and the public. This is called education in the form of entertainment. We are not Nazi's, it is 100% non political. It is no different than civil war reenacting. You do not criticize the confederates, so why would you criticize us. We portray a period in history. You would not flame the guys dressed up as G.I.'s would you? If we were not there to beat up on at every event, they wouldn't have one to play with. BTW, WWII reenacting is larger than civil war reenacting now. Know what you are talking about before you prove how close-minded you are. No we are not Ill. Germans, those guys are a little stuck on themselves. If anyone has an inteligent question about this please e-mail me. And yes, I do realize that some of the comments were not attacks.
View Quote
My friend is a reenactor in a group out of Illinois that does the 101st 506th E company. Do you guys do reenactments with them at all? Mike
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:28:28 AM EST
The uniforms are repros. No one in their right mind would use an origional. The cost it unbelievable for origionals. The only thing origional that we use are the weapons, helmets, and any personal gear that we might carry. We were just the basic German Army impression. So it is cheaper. Still our cost runs up to about $1,200 for the BASIC uniform and gear. I am up to about $2,300 for the full set up. Take a look at [url]www.atthefront.com[/url] They are the largest producer of repro WWII uniforms and gear for U.S., British, and German reenactors. You can also learn a lot about the equipment there as well, and the sense of humor they have is worth looking even if you don't care about it. You will see that they are expensive, high quality, and out of stock on everything. I'm glad that someone got the point, thank you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:02:45 AM EST
DakotaKid, there are several 101st units around. We might have run into them at Camp Atterburry in Indiana. Ask him is about 2 years ago they went out about 4:00am and dug in righ next to a bridge that was to be held by the Germans. They then attacked in overwhelming numbers right at the start time for the battle. Never has a german unit been so decimated so fast since the war. We got off one shot. If he took part in that battle, he will remember. Its hard to remember faces and unifirms when you are outnumbered and out gunned so badly. We have probably fought them at some point, just don't know when or where.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:26:14 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:36:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By SWS: [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/bf92.jpg[/img]
View Quote
[b]"Leave the gun. Take the canolis"[/b]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:22:09 AM EST
obershutze916, lighten up man, I think everyone knows what the pics were about and were having fun in the style of the board as usuall. I was referring to the Blues Brothers incase anyone didn't get it and I think what you do is really neat, possibly you could make it to the BRC next year? IAJack
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:48:30 PM EST
the "nazi's" did an OUTSTANDING job of both educating and entertaining! my thanks to ober and his unit of fine AMERICANS!!! the crowd loved them and a salute them for wear WOOL on a 85°, sunny day. you should have seen their bayonet charge! freakin' outstanding job! young and old, alike...they really got a charge out of those guys! danke!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:48:44 PM EST
The man responsible: [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/campy.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:49:45 PM EST
sws...great pics...and great to meet you in real life! that's what bulletfest is all about...machineguns and PEOPLE!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:22:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/30/2002 5:37:03 PM EST by obershutze916]
I realize most of the comments were "off the cuff", but I have seen this type of subject brought up before with over a hundred posts, most of which were so far off target it made me sick. In this light I came on strong expecting the same from everyone else here again. We take this hobby very seriously, and the "N" word is very verboten. We have found that only a staunch defence of of hobby gives us any chance to survive. The G.I.'s have it a little better, but you have to realize, we are all gun guys too. The ATF hates us. We have web sites, so you know we are on every "hate group" list in the county. We fight the same fights everyone else here fights for our freedoms, we take it a step farther, and in a diferent style, by not letting people forget what it would be like if it were not for those rights. We get spit on, yelled at and drinks thrown in our faces, but we would defend these same people if it ever came to that. Kolonel Klink, no flame here, but Wehrmact merely means - armed forces. It is a very common missconception to use that word when refering to German army instead of the SS. The right word is Heer. We even find ourselves using the ternm incorrectly quite often as well. Again, that is what we do, we teach the proper history. CampyBob, thanks for sticking up for us. By the way. That bayonet charge was not planned, and was a spur of the moment thing. It looked a little poorly organized, but hey, we had fun. We are never alowed to have our bayoneys out in the field, so it was something different for us. OK, I have lightend up now. I don't normaly get so riled up, never in public,( caught hell from an old vet. at the event and didn't get this upset, handled it better actually ) but to be called Nazis on a public forum with so many members needed a strong fast defence before I saw it getting out of control. With Campy's permission, we already have a bigger better plan for next year, I would like to meet any of you on the board then. I can show you how I can out shoot your beloved AR with my Mauser. (Sorry, had to take that shot, it was cheap I know) I'll try to make the BRC next year. Wife wouldn't let me this year.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:42:34 PM EST
I have a question. What was it that set the junk car on fire. The minigun?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:08:05 PM EST
obershutze916: Excellent display of German fighting equipment. It takes a lot of guts to play the "bad guys". The uniforms you had, were they considered a GP type i.e., would they be equal to a modern set of BDU's?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:30:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By WhiskeyBravo: I have a question. What was it that set the junk car on fire. The minigun?
View Quote
No, the minigun wasn't in action until after the fire. It was probably API or APIT rounds from the multiple M2 50 cal machine guns. Or even 50bmg rifles shooting API or blue tip rounds.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:34:09 PM EST
QCMGR, thanks, The uniforms we wear are what the German soldier would fight in, and have a parade in. Only certain officers had "dress uniforms". The German soldier wore all of his medals, ribbons, etc in to combat with him at all times. I was wearing a wound badge in black, infantry assault badge in silver, and a close combat clasp in bronze. Later in the war cammo smocks were added as were helmet covers. We will sometimes wear these in battles closed to the public, but the unit we portray had no cammo. It was quite common for the soldiers to wear their zeltbahn (shelter quarter) as a poncho as it was cammoflaged as well. VERY few cotton uniforms were issued. We were in Garrison impression, meening no assault gear, although I did wear mine. We just tried to keep it short so we skipped that part. In short, 90% of German soldiers looked just like we did in the picture you see posted here. A small historical note, the difference between parade uniform and combat uniform, is when you are in Berlin, on your way to Berlin, or in the preseance of Hitler himself, the top button is buttoned, other wise it is left open and folded back, and held in place by the strap from your gas mak canister. (which hides a 32oz. bottle of gatoraide very well)
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:34:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By WhiskeyBravo: I have a question. What was it that set the junk car on fire. The minigun?
View Quote
No, The car was on fire within the first hour of shooting. The mini gun didn't show up until the fire had burned out. The fire started somewhere in the area of the passenger side rear quarter. Maybe brake fluid or a little gasoline left in the tank (we thought they were going to remove the tank) was ignited by some API. By the time the line went cold and the "fire truck" got there it was too late to do anything. There was no threat of a grass fire since the car was sitting on a dirt berm. It's all fun and games until someone torches a car, then it's just fun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:27:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By obershutze916: We are not Nazi's, it is 100% non political. It is no different than civil war reenacting. You do not criticize the confederates, so why would you criticize us. We portray a period in history.
View Quote
That's a tough pill for some folks to swallow. With that being said, I personally think it's pretty cool to see you guys in person. I stumbled upon a reenactment last year by chance and was taken by the authenticity of soldiers. For a moment I felt as though I was in the middle of WWII... and of course I found myself rooting for the GI's. :) However, the emotions brought on by the events of WWII are still very much alive in our nation today. Many living Americans remember the war, fought in the war and lost loved ones in the war. Let's not mention the countless Jews still living who suffered under the Nazi oppression. Certainly you can understand their being repulsed by such a sight. The Civil War ended in 1865 and as such I'm relatively confident there aren't many people still alive today who were directly impacted by the wars events. Time has washed away most of those scars, unlike WWII. I agree that it's indeed possible to admire the men and the equipment without subscribing to the politics associated with the men you're portraying. Personally? I wouldn't be caught dead in one of their uniforms. :) Do I think you're a Nazi or sympathetic to their cause? You say you're not and I'm willing to take your word for it. I have no reason to doubt you. I think the WWII reenactments are more entertaining than the Civil War reenactments I've seen. I guess I can more easily relate to the era. I have to ask, do you walk around town dressed like that when you're doing a reenactment? Have you been given a hard time by older people or crazy red-necks itching for a fight who weren't aware of the reenactment taking place?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:38:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:40:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By obershutze916: We have web sites, so you know we are on every "hate group" list in the county. We fight the same fights everyone else here fights for our freedoms, we take it a step farther, and in a diferent style, by not letting people forget what it would be like if it were not for those rights. We get spit on, yelled at and drinks thrown in our faces, but we would defend these same people if it ever came to that.
View Quote
Welp, I guess that answers my question. I'm sorry to hear that goes on, but as I already mentioned... I can understand where that anger is coming from. Too bad some people don't realize you're just an actor and not some kook Neo-Nazi.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:53:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By obershutze916: QCMGR, thanks, The uniforms we wear are what the German soldier would fight in, and have a parade in. Only certain officers had "dress uniforms". The German soldier wore all of his medals, ribbons, etc in to combat with him at all times. I was wearing a wound badge in black, infantry assault badge in silver, and a close combat clasp in bronze. Later in the war cammo smocks were added as were helmet covers. We will sometimes wear these in battles closed to the public, but the unit we portray had no cammo. It was quite common for the soldiers to wear their zeltbahn (shelter quarter) as a poncho as it was cammoflaged as well. VERY few cotton uniforms were issued. We were in Garrison impression, meening no assault gear, although I did wear mine. We just tried to keep it short so we skipped that part. In short, 90% of German soldiers looked just like we did in the picture you see posted here. A small historical note, the difference between parade uniform and combat uniform, is when you are in Berlin, on your way to Berlin, or in the preseance of Hitler himself, the top button is buttoned, other wise it is left open and folded back, and held in place by the strap from your gas mak canister. (which hides a 32oz. bottle of gatoraide very well)
View Quote
I know you guys looked hot. What did they wear in North Africa?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:01:25 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:09:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:39:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/1/2002 8:03:53 AM EST by obershutze916]
William_Gun, I realize that it can be hard to not feel strange see us in uniform, especially at first. Don't worry about rooting for the G.I.'s everyone does, and we expect it. Honestly I would think it was odd if we were cheared on. I have to agree, the emotions are still there. BUT, ask any teenager who the U.S. faught in WWII, and most have no idea. My prepy private college skipped WWII as "not relivant to modern history". The fact is, people are forgetting, fast. The is also no question that what the Nazi's did was bad. The big difference, was that we portray avarage soldiers, not the political party, or their henchmen. All sides did bad things, but not all soldiers did bad things, most just did their jobs, thats what we try to convey. Yes what happened to the Jews was unspeakable, but most people do not realize that of the 11 million people killed, 6 million were Jews, they have no clue that 5 million people from other groups died as well. Again, teach the history, and teach it right. Honestly, the subject rarely comes up, thats just not what the average German solder talked about or had anything to do with, so we don't talk about it unless asked. Tell what really happened, but make no appologies, none can ever be made for that. As for walking around in the uniforms, we rarely do it. Only when at events, and we need something in town, we will sometimes go then. Few people even notice,and for some strange reason the women flock to us. The uniforms look nice, but it is strange. I have been asked out tree times, this has happened to others in out unit as well. We don't have trouble with people picking fights too often. The old vet that was captured and tortured sometimes gets a little riled up for obvious reasons. We have had trouble with the skin heads, they think we are their buddies, and after we tell them to get lost, and explain how they know nothing of what Nazism was about, and most of what they base their ideas on is not true, they get very mad. We also have to watch who we let in the unit, there are some guys out there who tyr to get in and use it for thie Neo-Nazi ideas, they get tossed very fast. In short, I can only tell you that I am not a Nazi, I only do this to see the war from a different point of view after spending years looking at it from the American side. You are free to make your own opinion on this issue, something that was not allowed in Nazi Germany.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:56:57 AM EST
QCMGR, I am not an expert on Africa Korps uniforms, but I will tell you what I know. When the germans first went into North Africa they were not prepared for the climate. The uniforms they adopted were based on the Italian desert uniforms. They were a tan colored denim looking material, or poplin. Short boots, same as the short mountain boots, were worn, or brown leather knee high boots were worn. Shorts were usualy worn, but long pants are often sen as well. The belts, Y straps, etc, we all a large weave webbing instead of leather. In many cases the Germans just wore Italian uniforms. They were better, than the German issue, and they would just take them from the Itatilans who they liked very little. For some good pictures, check out [url]www.atthefront.com[/url], check out the German uniform section. All you will ever want to know will be explained there with very good pictures. I appreciate the constructive converstaion this has turned into. The converstaion with the two of you is typical of what we encounter at a public event. We are all learning something, and dispelling ideas about what the hobby is about, and while we do not agree on everything, we all see eachothers point of view. This is constructive,and I thank the both of you for the chance to explain, if you have any more questions or comments, please continue to ask.
Top Top