Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2001 7:12:49 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm in a little bit of a bind here, I could use some help. I went shooting but being a little absent-minded in my old age, I forgot my shooting muffs. Anyway, to make a long story short, I was looking around for stuff to put in my ears to drown out the muzzle blast. So I tried twigs and sparkplugs but they just looked plain silly and people were starting to think I wasnt right in the head. I even tried a stick of lipbalm, but it kept falling out. So I inserted .40 bullets in my ears and they worked great. Problem is that now I cant get them out! I've tried tweezers but they cant open up big enough to get around the bullet. My neighbor came over and tried to help but he's legally blind and wants to pry it out with a screwdriver...I think its a bad idea. Please help.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Toilet plunger?
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have a compressor at home, you're set. If not, you need to get to a service station.

Put the air nozzle in your mouth, plug your nostrils with your fingers (don't use bullets!), close your eyes, squeeze the handle and let 'er rip.

That should do it.

If you don't feel comfortable with this, then try using the hose in your rear end. Remember to keep your other orifices tightly sealed. And you will need a large volume commercial compressor as the volume of air required is much greater.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Paul,
I recall a post at the FAL files concerning the use of a car exhaust........the bottom line was that there isn't enough pressure.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Take a primed 40s&w case fill with 10gr of bullseye, tilt head so not to dribble out gunpowder, insert into ear being carefull to properly seat bullet, hit primer with prickpunch.

You may hear a slight woooosh but that is normal.

Clean as a whisle! [;D]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Drip some baby oil or something similar around it and try to rotate the case, should come loose. Try the shop vac. Don't tap on the primers, it'll work, but don't recommend it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Take a primed 40s&w case fill with 10gr of bullseye, tilt head so not to dribble out gunpowder, insert into ear being carefull to properly seat bullet, hit primer with prickpinck.

You may hear a slight woooosh but that is normal.

Clean as a whisle!
View Quote

DUDE! That is so wrong!  With all of these other crazy (and actually [i]helpful[/i]) ideas, someone might actually try that and win a Darwin Award!

Now, the only thing I can think of is to try the conventional tweezers, but try pinching your nose and yawning hard while another person tries to tweeze the bullet out.  This works with atmospheric pressures (i.e. elevation change during a plane ride) but I'm not quite sure if it's enough to counteract the pressures caused by the sonic booms of muzzle blasts.  I like automobile compressor idea...it would definately be the most high-power blast of any of the methods listed here.

The other thing I can think of is to cough up your Idiot Tax (because you know good and damn well you deserve to pay it) and go to the ER [;)]

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Find the old CHeech & Chong album about Up His Nose...
Might be able to assist ...

If all else fails .. well .. been nice not knowing ya...
Ted...
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#10]
mayday, don't feel too bad.  I was in the Army long before they ever thought to issue hearing protection, and lot's of guys made their own from (lead) bullets and/or wads of cotton.  The sarge told us a trick to help get the plugs out.  You pull up and to the back on your ear.  This is supposed to straighten the ear canal somewhat.  That's also why you're supposed to pull-up on your ear when inserting ear plugs.

40 caliber?  You must have huge ears, or you stuffed those bullets in pretty hard.

Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Zoom Wilson:
40 caliber?  You must have huge ears, or you stuffed those bullets in pretty hard.
View Quote

What exactly is the average caliber of the adult human ear?
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh wow..  I just had my much-needed hysterical laugh for the day.  I'm utterly amazed that someone would put bullets in their ears.  Although, to tell the truth, bullets would have been my suggestion long before twigs and spark plugs.  And at least it's fairly easy to come up with an excuse for putting bullets in your ears.  Much easier than, say, trying to explain why they're stuck up your nose...  although there would be some lubrication there, and the bullets would be less likely to get stuck.  Or, you could get a bullet stuck up your a** - but the probablity of those getting stuck is low, as well.  That would provide us all with a new way to fire bullets, though..  And would be much cheaper than having to buy the weapon.  :)

I wish you the best of luck in getting the silly things outta your head.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#13]
No, No, NO!  You have it all wrong.

Take your pistol (loaded) and put it in your mouth, pull trigger.  The pressure should pop the rounds right out.  Easy as pie!

You might hear a slight crack, but that is normal and it should only take a fraction of a second to finish the procedure. [BD]

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#14]
use a magnet
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Stop, Drop, and Roll
or try this [spank]
-bricklayer
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Take a really deep breath and hold it! While your doing that have someone hit you in the back of the head with a shovel. They should both pop out. If they don't repeat as many times as necessary.....
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So I inserted .40 bullets in my ears and they worked great.
View Quote

HAHAHA...I thought I was the only person who did this. Sorry my ear canals must be smaller than yours, I have problems getting them to stay in, I also am very careful not to insert them in until they touch my brain also.[uzi]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:05:06 AM EDT
[#19]
It's strange... I've seen sooo many idiots in my day that I can see this actually happening.  If you are serious, see a doctor.

If not....

Shake your head from side to side really really fast and let centrifical force do the job.

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:45:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Try a "BULLET PULLER" Rap your self or have somebody else do it for you, hit on the opposite side of the head the bullets should fall right out? A couple good smacks should do it.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:50:46 AM EDT
[#21]
FYI,

A good expedient earplug is a cigarette butt.  Fresh, of course.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 2:12:44 AM EDT
[#22]
mayday,
Just keep shooting your mouth off. I'm sure sooner or later the recoil will dislodge them.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 2:16:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:11:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Take a nail and hammer and tap the primer of one of the bullets in your ear. The bullet will discharge and pass out your other ear, knocking the other bullet in that ear out also.

[img]http://www.ncsg.org/topohat-small.jpg[/img]
...[%|]
View Quote
I don't think that would work. There is obviously a space between his ears that is void of any atmospheric pressure,also known as a vacuum. Not being a physicist I couldn't predict the outcome of this one. Any rocket scientists out there?
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:20:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take a nail and hammer and tap the primer of one of the bullets in your ear. The bullet will discharge and pass out your other ear, knocking the other bullet in that ear out also.

[img]http://www.ncsg.org/topohat-small.jpg[/img]
...[%|]
View Quote
I don't think that would work. There is obviously a space between his ears that is void of any atmospheric pressure,also known as a vacuum. Not being a physicist I couldn't predict the outcome of this one. Any rocket scientists out there?
View Quote
                                        Sorry not a rocket scientist but that is some funny sh%t sweep i think he should try it god knows we do not want him to reproduce [;)]  [):)] pg    edited cause            
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#26]
this always works...

try lots of summersaults really really fast.  And do it in a crowded area like a parking lot, where people can watch. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Here it is I got it from, well i won't say, put head in toilet. Flush vigorously and repeatadly until bullets are "swirleeeeeed" out and teeth are blue.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#28]
[b]GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Uh, the last time I stuck anything like that in my nose or ear (I was 5), I ended up in the emergency room having a doctor remove it. Hope you have good insurance.

By the way, I have forgotten my ear plugs before. I just leave a few hours later unable to hear for a few days.

But, if you want to do it yourself hold your nose close your mouth and blow. [b]DO NOT STICK ANYTHING IN YOUR EAR TO REMOVE IT.[/b]

Possible Outcomes of doing so:

1) Push Bullet into ear canal, causing internal bleeding and deafness or death.
2) Push Bullet into brain (if there is one) causing death.
3) Severe damage from whatever you insert into the ear to the ear.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#29]
dude, i had a bullet stuck in a bbl once - i drilled a hole in it with a 1/16" drill bit, only half way through. then i epoxied a drywall screw onto an old cleaning rod, inserted it into the bullet, turned to the right until i felt resistance, and pulled the bullet out attached to the screw.

or you could have your wife/girlfriend/lover, whatever, put their mouth over your entire ear - and begin sucking. the only side-effect i can imagine is the bullet coming out with such force that it could chip their teeth.

good luck! please let us know the outcome!!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top