Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 7:18:02 AM EDT
I was looking at the BBC footage of the British armored raid to rescue their men from the militia at the police station and I ran into this on their website.

Bulgarian sumo wrestler Kotoosho topples his opponent, Tomanoshima, at a tournament in Tokyo.
Americans are kicking butt at Sumo, now the Bulgarians are in the game too!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a variety of nationalities in Sumo.
Chinese, Hawaiian, Russia, a lot from the little countries that the USSR broke up into, and a lot from Mongolia.
The Mongolians have their own version of Sumo
Imagine two fat guys in only T strings, covered in oil, hugging and touching and grasping and pushing and embracing and rubbing chests together.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#2]
At least there's one good thing about sumo:
There is a severe penalty if anyone sees your hang-down during the match, I think its disqualification or explusion from the competition, so they make sure to tie everything on extra-tight.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The Americans have all but retired. I've been watching the Autumn basho and I haven't seen any Americans at all.

There are a couple Eastern Europeans and they are doing reasonably well. There's this one big and tall guy (in the pic above) that looks freakin strong. His technique isn't quite there yet, but the guy makes up for it by being strong as hell. In fact, he's the only one that has beaten the Grand Champion (Mongolian) Asashoryu during this current tournament.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#4]
IBFB (In Before Fat Bastard)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top