Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2005 7:11:08 PM EDT
title bar not long enough
Buffalo news station say cops are confirming "the weapon was an AK47, a fully automatic soviet designed weapon" and that the shooter got off at least 20 rounds
damn
although to be fair, the casings they showed on the ground did appear to be the correct size and shape for 7.62x39
www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=2794649&nav=0RapV4H9
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe it's this one:

I never did trust that bitch
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
geeeee, no description of the suspect?

a guy running around with a full-auto AK and the cops don't give out ANY description?????

wonder if he was dusky skinned and asked if anyone wanted a blueberry squishy with their Jihad experience?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]
This kind of shit doesn't look good for us. Sheeple confuse the semi-auto AK clones with "full auto AK-47" too much, and blame these things on the sunset of the AWB. This has been the case personally though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
When did this happen?

Two mass shootings in one day?

All on the heels of a cop shooting out in California?

What The Fuck is going on???

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#5]
this is why the 86 ban should be repealed

woo hoo!

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

woo hoo!

Could you please educate me on your reasoning?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#7]

What The Fuck is going on???

Liberal states breed cowards. Both as criminals and politicians.

GR
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

woo hoo!

The ability to match and return fire comes to mind.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

woo hoo!

Got ya.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

woo hoo!

well, I was just being an asshole, but that sounds like a good reason to me

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]
probably will have to scroll down to actually see the story
this is the channel I actually saw the report on
www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=25708

Manhunt Continues For Gunman Who Opened Fire In Small Grocery Store

Posted by:  Aaron Saykin, Reporter  
Created: 1/10/2005 11:40:38 PM
Updated: 1/11/2005 10:41:47 PM

Buffalo Police are looking for a man who fired shots into a corner market, hitting four people.

Investigators say it happened around 9pm Monday. Police say a gunman riding in a dark car started shooting in the direction of a man either walking or standing near Union Supermarket at Reilly and Masten.

Police say the gunman hit the victim, 42-year-old Michael Cunningham, in the leg. When he tried to escape into the store, the gunman opened fire into the market. Authorities say he grazed three people who were shopping inside.

All four victims were taken to the hospital.

"My brother was inside shopping when he was hit," said May Bolden. "I don't know all of the details, but I just pray they stop this violence."

Cunningham was hit in the femoral artery and losing lots of blood when authorities arrived, police say.

Police say Cunningham was in serious condition Tuesday night, but is expected to survive. They plan to question him Wednesday. He's believed to be the only person who can possibly identify the gunman.

Police say the shooting may have been the result of a dispute that happened inside a bar at the end of the block, but they would not elaborate.

The next morning, the owners had re-opened the store, even though its door was covered with bullet holes.

"This is crazy," said Ali Hubabi. "We were all working and we had nothing to do with it. I don't know what was going on."

Investigators say they have little to no description of the shooter in the dark car, but confirm he was using a fully automatic AK-47 Assault Rifle. He was able to fire 15-20 shots quickly before the car left.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Grazing and wounding....doesn't sound like the weapon is particularly deadly...
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#13]

I bet it was Tom Diaz or Diane Fineswine. Just so they could say, "See I told you so!"

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#14]
15-20 shots? In a few seconds? I can do that with a semi auto if I just want to go bullet hose on some paper! I mean lets think about this, only about 20 rounds? A FA ak should be able to do a mag or 30 or 40 in a few seconds, why would they get a full auto gun and then get the smallest magazine size?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#15]
(1)  Unless the cops have the weapon in hand, they don't know what it was.  And 95% of the time when an AK47 is the reported weapon, in reality it is an SKS.

(2)  Even if the cops told the newspaper they did not know the weapon, but had recovered casings, the newsfakers will ask, "what kind of assault weapons fire that type of ammo?"  The cops answer, "AK47's, SKS's, and a few other rifles."  All the newsfakers will hear is "AK47" and they will report that is what the police said was the shooter's weapon.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
15-20 shots? In a few seconds? I can do that with a semi auto if I just want to go bullet hose on some paper! I mean lets think about this, only about 20 rounds? A FA ak should be able to do a mag or 30 or 40 in a few seconds, why would they get a full auto gun and then get the smallest magazine size?

+1.

And he only managed to hit 4 people in a public market? Sounds fishy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#17]

And he only managed to hit 4 people in a public market? Sounds fishy.

What's this I hear now? Something about 4 people hit in a fish market? I'll pass the news on to the nightly newscasters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top